Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Backcountry Snowshoe/Snowboard day

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Backcountry Snowshoe/Snowboard day

With the fresh snow on the mountains, and the Helvetic backcountry book sitting on my desk, im looking for anyone interested in spending a day on the mountain.

Basic plan would be to head out early, snowshoe / splitboard / tourski up and enjoy fresh pow.

Around 1,5 to 2 hours drive from GVA there are some easy to moderate routes.

Basic BC gear is needed, so bring out your shovel, probe and beeps.

Weatherwise, best day would be Saturday, but im planning to head out every weekend weather permitting.

So drop me a PM if your like powder and don't mind a Hike up.

The text you are quoting:

With the fresh snow on the mountains, and the Helvetic backcountry book sitting on my desk, im looking for anyone interested in spending a day on the mountain.

Basic plan would be to head out early, snowshoe / splitboard / tourski up and enjoy fresh pow.

Around 1,5 to 2 hours drive from GVA there are some easy to moderate routes.

Basic BC gear is needed, so bring out your shovel, probe and beeps.

Weatherwise, best day would be Saturday, but im planning to head out every weekend weather permitting.

So drop me a PM if your like powder and don't mind a Hike up.

J hFeb 24, 2011 @ 14:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1287 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Backcountry Snowshoe/Snowboard day
Post 1

I'd definitely be on for some snowshoeing / boarding....Let me know when you were thinking, I'm free all this coming week.

I'd definitely be on for some snowshoeing / boarding....Let me know when you were thinking, I'm free all this coming week.

Tobias M, Feb 26, 2011 @ 16:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I have new snowshoes I'm eager to try out but this sounds rather technical...shovel, probe and beeps?  I must confess I was just thinking of sticking to fairly well trodden routes to begin with.

If you do anything like this, let me know.  Thanks.

I have new snowshoes I'm eager to try out but this sounds rather technical...shovel, probe and beeps?  I must confess I was just thinking of sticking to fairly well trodden routes to begin with.

If you do anything like this, let me know.  Thanks.

Lucy T, Feb 26, 2011 @ 18:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Lucy,

The basic plan was to hike up, and snowboard down.There are easy and hard routes in the book.

Shovel probe and beeps are basic backcoutry equipment in case of an avalanche. If I get caught, I would like my fellow travellers to be able to find me and dig me out.

Hi Lucy,

The basic plan was to hike up, and snowboard down.There are easy and hard routes in the book.

Shovel probe and beeps are basic backcoutry equipment in case of an avalanche. If I get caught, I would like my fellow travellers to be able to find me and dig me out.

J h, Feb 26, 2011 @ 22:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1287 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form