Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Beginner ski lessons Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Beginner ski lessons Geneva

Hi,

This is my first winter in Geneva and clearly the opportunity to experience the ski season is something I would like to do.  One problem....I can't ski.  Does anybody know of a beginner weekend/block of lessons I could do early on in the season (i.e. now) so as to be able to make the most of the snow in Feb-Apr next year??

Thanks.

Matt

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

This is my first winter in Geneva and clearly the opportunity to experience the ski season is something I would like to do.  One problem....I can't ski.  Does anybody know of a beginner weekend/block of lessons I could do early on in the season (i.e. now) so as to be able to make the most of the snow in Feb-Apr next year??

Thanks.

Matt

Matt SmithNov 20, 2013 @ 23:47
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 4888 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Beginner ski lessons Geneva
Post 1

It depends on your budget really. 

If you're willing to pay for it, private lessons are really good, and can be had in most resorts (I don't recommend booking with ESF though, I had a beginner lesson with them and swore I would never ski again it was so bad. Fortunately a good instructor elsewhere got me back on the snow...)

If you want group lessons, you won't be able to go through resort ski schools unless you take a week off, but the Geneva based clubs run lesson packs - try messaging the CERN Ski club, I've met people who've done their courses and enjoyed them:

https://sites.google.com/site/cernskiclub/Home/the-club/prices

It depends on your budget really. 

If you're willing to pay for it, private lessons are really good, and can be had in most resorts (I don't recommend booking with ESF though, I had a beginner lesson with them and swore I would never ski again it was so bad. Fortunately a good instructor elsewhere got me back on the snow...)

If you want group lessons, you won't be able to go through resort ski schools unless you take a week off, but the Geneva based clubs run lesson packs - try messaging the CERN Ski club, I've met people who've done their courses and enjoyed them:

https://sites.google.com/site/cernskiclub/Home/the-club/prices

Fionnuala O, Nov 21, 2013 @ 07:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Or message ClareA who posted the girls beginner ski weekend - I did one of her weekends last year and it was brilliant. Great value and very well organised. 

If she has enough interest she might be able to organise one that's not girls only.

Or message ClareA who posted the girls beginner ski weekend - I did one of her weekends last year and it was brilliant. Great value and very well organised. 

If she has enough interest she might be able to organise one that's not girls only.

Fionnuala O, Nov 21, 2013 @ 08:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

http://www.scig.ch/

Hi Matt,

Check the link above. It's a ski club, they offer lessons or just transport to ski days. It's quite social, though the sign-up procedure is a bit faffy. 

Enjoy the snow :-)

http://www.scig.ch/

Hi Matt,

Check the link above. It's a ski club, they offer lessons or just transport to ski days. It's quite social, though the sign-up procedure is a bit faffy. 

Enjoy the snow :-)

Amy Soska, Nov 21, 2013 @ 10:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks both.  I have fired off a couple of emails to see what the deal is. Cheers.

Thanks both.  I have fired off a couple of emails to see what the deal is. Cheers.

Matt Smith, Nov 21, 2013 @ 13:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Keep us updated, Matt! :D

Keep us updated, Matt! :D

Adria P, Nov 23, 2013 @ 20:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Amy, whats the signup procedure for SCIG? Im thinking of trying them out for intermediate snowboarding lessons soon. Their website wasn't clear, especially about snowboarding. 

Thanks!

Amy, whats the signup procedure for SCIG? Im thinking of trying them out for intermediate snowboarding lessons soon. Their website wasn't clear, especially about snowboarding. 

Thanks!

Maryam W, Jan 11, 2014 @ 01:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

I took all my lessons with ESF and I think it all depends on the individual instructor. The best one turned out to be a 19 year old boy, and if I was told his age before the lesson I would not have agreed to it probably :) But I am so glad I had the lessons with him, he helped me get rid of fear and really improve my skills. 

I took all my lessons with ESF and I think it all depends on the individual instructor. The best one turned out to be a 19 year old boy, and if I was told his age before the lesson I would not have agreed to it probably :) But I am so glad I had the lessons with him, he helped me get rid of fear and really improve my skills. 

G N, Mar 9, 2014 @ 20:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 4888 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form