Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Looking for a ski school for the week of 28th Dec-4th Jan 2015

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for a ski school for the week of 28th Dec-4th Jan 2015

Hi,

I am a beginner in ski and looking for a good ski school for the week of 28th Dec - 4th Jan.  Does anybody have any recommendation reg which school to choose and where to go?

Much appreciate any feedback that you may have. Thanks a lot!

Sushila

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

I am a beginner in ski and looking for a good ski school for the week of 28th Dec - 4th Jan.  Does anybody have any recommendation reg which school to choose and where to go?

Much appreciate any feedback that you may have. Thanks a lot!

Sushila

Sushila MDec 17, 2014 @ 11:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1170 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for a ski school for the week of 28th Dec-4th Jan 2015
Post 1

Do NOT use ESF. 

If you're happy to travel to Chamonix, Evolution 2 is pretty good. 

The ESI schools (separate from ESF) are generally ok in most resorts. 

That week is a very busy week though, and you might find that a lot of classes are already full. 

Can you drive to the slopes/school each day? Or will you be staying in a particulr resort?

Do NOT use ESF. 

If you're happy to travel to Chamonix, Evolution 2 is pretty good. 

The ESI schools (separate from ESF) are generally ok in most resorts. 

That week is a very busy week though, and you might find that a lot of classes are already full. 

Can you drive to the slopes/school each day? Or will you be staying in a particulr resort?

Fionnuala O, Dec 17, 2014 @ 12:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thank you Fionnuala for your quick response! Yes, I am aware that ths is a last minute planning with a hope that I will find something.  I plan to stay in a resort, not driving everyday. I will check the place that you recommended. Do you have any further recommendations for where to stay as well?

Sushila

Thank you Fionnuala for your quick response! Yes, I am aware that ths is a last minute planning with a hope that I will find something.  I plan to stay in a resort, not driving everyday. I will check the place that you recommended. Do you have any further recommendations for where to stay as well?

Sushila

Sushila M, Dec 17, 2014 @ 12:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

If you can go away for the entire week, then I'd reocmmend taking yourself up to Val Thorens, and booking in with Prosneige. Great ski school, in a resort that is one of the few with decent snow at the minute, and a big resort with plenty of slopes, so won't feel as busy as some that week. 

Or if they still have space, see if you can get in to the UCPA center in Val Thorens - you can choose between full time or part-time instruction, it's all organised for you, great value for money, and very sociable too. 

http://www.ucpa-vacances.com/centre/val-thorens/ or http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/resorts/winter/val-thorens

The same company has places in other resorts, but given the snow at the minute, stick to Val Thorens, Val d'Isere, or Tignes.

If you can go away for the entire week, then I'd reocmmend taking yourself up to Val Thorens, and booking in with Prosneige. Great ski school, in a resort that is one of the few with decent snow at the minute, and a big resort with plenty of slopes, so won't feel as busy as some that week. 

Or if they still have space, see if you can get in to the UCPA center in Val Thorens - you can choose between full time or part-time instruction, it's all organised for you, great value for money, and very sociable too. 

http://www.ucpa-vacances.com/centre/val-thorens/ or http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/resorts/winter/val-thorens

The same company has places in other resorts, but given the snow at the minute, stick to Val Thorens, Val d'Isere, or Tignes.

Fionnuala O, Dec 17, 2014 @ 12:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thank you very much Fionnuala! This is very helpful. Sushila

Thank you very much Fionnuala! This is very helpful. Sushila

Sushila M, Dec 18, 2014 @ 11:01