Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Need snowboarding sooooon!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Need snowboarding sooooon!

Hi everyone,

I need to try out some snowboarding soon! Ive been here nearly 2 months and not tried. I have all the equipment!

Anyone else here a complete novice who wants to hire an instructor with me for some basics?

Also, I dont have winter tyres on my car or chains so if I go snowboarding should I avoid taking the car and opt for public transport in case of snowy conditions or is it not to worry about? some resorts to avoid/ some no problems?

If anyones up for it this weekend or next, lets go!

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

I need to try out some snowboarding soon! Ive been here nearly 2 months and not tried. I have all the equipment!

Anyone else here a complete novice who wants to hire an instructor with me for some basics?

Also, I dont have winter tyres on my car or chains so if I go snowboarding should I avoid taking the car and opt for public transport in case of snowy conditions or is it not to worry about? some resorts to avoid/ some no problems?

If anyones up for it this weekend or next, lets go!

john gallagherFeb 17, 2010 @ 23:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1225 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Need snowboarding sooooon!
Post 1

HI John,

I can't go snowboardding with you for good reasons (I am very bad at this!!). But I can give a hint. Close to Geneva on the top of the Jura mountain there is a 'Ski resort' it is called La Faucille. They have ski-snowborad courts for very beginners and also instructors from both ESF and the ski international school (I am not sure about this name) and it is just 25 km from the center of Geneva. The roads are very well cleaned and no problem to go without winter tyres. The cost is about 23 euros (It is in France) the pass for the entire day,  the instructor is about 36 euros for 1h teaching (maybe u can find sy here in glocals to teach you), and the rent of the ski-snowboard stuff is about 15 euros the entire day, though this price can vary.

WEll, that's all, maybe my husband and I will be there on Saturday, but we are not sure yet.

HAve fun!

HI John,

I can't go snowboardding with you for good reasons (I am very bad at this!!). But I can give a hint. Close to Geneva on the top of the Jura mountain there is a 'Ski resort' it is called La Faucille. They have ski-snowborad courts for very beginners and also instructors from both ESF and the ski international school (I am not sure about this name) and it is just 25 km from the center of Geneva. The roads are very well cleaned and no problem to go without winter tyres. The cost is about 23 euros (It is in France) the pass for the entire day,  the instructor is about 36 euros for 1h teaching (maybe u can find sy here in glocals to teach you), and the rent of the ski-snowboard stuff is about 15 euros the entire day, though this price can vary.

WEll, that's all, maybe my husband and I will be there on Saturday, but we are not sure yet.

HAve fun!

apacat, Feb 18, 2010 @ 08:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Need snowboarding sooooon!
Post 2

Thanks for the info!

Ive sent La Faucille an email to check availabilty for snowboarding lessons.

If anybody here wants to join in the lessons I will make the booking for 2 people etc.

Thanks for the info!

Ive sent La Faucille an email to check availabilty for snowboarding lessons.

If anybody here wants to join in the lessons I will make the booking for 2 people etc.

john gallagher, Feb 18, 2010 @ 10:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1225 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form