Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Shops for Inexpensive ski clothing near Lausanne

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Shops for Inexpensive ski clothing near Lausanne

Hi guys,

Can you please recommend stores or outlet where I can buy clothing for skiing? I am complete beginner and looking for something simple just to try at first and will decide if I want to invest more. Anything up to 1 hour from Lausanne will work.

Thanks!

Anna

The text you are quoting:

Hi guys,

Can you please recommend stores or outlet where I can buy clothing for skiing? I am complete beginner and looking for something simple just to try at first and will decide if I want to invest more. Anything up to 1 hour from Lausanne will work.

Thanks!

Anna

Anna GJan 22, 2016 @ 10:02
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 3453 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Shops for Inexpensive ski clothing near Lausanne
Post 1

Hello, you can always try dechatlon near Genève, it is in France though but for 100 bucks you can get something... In switzerland, i am not sure if you can find something around this level. 

Good luck with your apprenticeship

Hello, you can always try dechatlon near Genève, it is in France though but for 100 bucks you can get something... In switzerland, i am not sure if you can find something around this level. 

Good luck with your apprenticeship

Ahmad s, Jan 22, 2016 @ 13:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

almost everything is 50% off at sportxx now

almost everything is 50% off at sportxx now

Ali Baba, Jan 22, 2016 @ 13:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Anna - your best bet is Athleticum in Lausanne as they have non-label sports gear at very low prices but still good quality.  

Ahmad mentions a shop near Geneva - it's actually called Decathlon, is in Annemasse and not very easy to get to.

And well over an hour from Lausanne.

And sorry to contradict twice in one post!! - but Sportxx may have 50% off almost everything but as they are very high quality brands and have a mark up of 50% in the first place - it's not really a bargain!

Athleticum is in Flon - right down at the very far end, after the Pathe cinema.

Hope you enjoy and don't forget to take some ski lessons Cool

Anna - your best bet is Athleticum in Lausanne as they have non-label sports gear at very low prices but still good quality.  

Ahmad mentions a shop near Geneva - it's actually called Decathlon, is in Annemasse and not very easy to get to.

And well over an hour from Lausanne.

And sorry to contradict twice in one post!! - but Sportxx may have 50% off almost everything but as they are very high quality brands and have a mark up of 50% in the first place - it's not really a bargain!

Athleticum is in Flon - right down at the very far end, after the Pathe cinema.

Hope you enjoy and don't forget to take some ski lessons Cool

Carolyn C, Jan 22, 2016 @ 17:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thank you so much for the tips! Since we are new in the area we have decided to take a fairy to Evian, and check Decathlon there. It will be a sightseeing + shopping :)) I have checked Athelticum today, I may end up buying something from there if I don't find anything. I will share what happened on Sunday :)

Thank you so much for the tips! Since we are new in the area we have decided to take a fairy to Evian, and check Decathlon there. It will be a sightseeing + shopping :)) I have checked Athelticum today, I may end up buying something from there if I don't find anything. I will share what happened on Sunday :)

Anna G, Jan 22, 2016 @ 19:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Since you are going to Evian, Intersport is having a real good sale. Their prices are reasonable to begin with.

http://www.intersport.fr/

They have shops near Evian at Amphion and Thonon.

Otherwise, you can find ski clotes at very good prices at Dosenbach, with many stores in Switzerland.

Since you are going to Evian, Intersport is having a real good sale. Their prices are reasonable to begin with.

http://www.intersport.fr/

They have shops near Evian at Amphion and Thonon.

Otherwise, you can find ski clotes at very good prices at Dosenbach, with many stores in Switzerland.

JR M, Jan 22, 2016 @ 19:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

thanks for the correction, I always make the same mistake :)

thanks for the correction, I always make the same mistake :)

Ahmad s, Jan 23, 2016 @ 11:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hey guys,

I wanted to thank all you for your help. We went to Evian and checked both Decathlon and Inersport ( thanks to JR). Decathlon was inexpensive but also most of the jackets looked cheap, and I couldn't pick anything because either the size didn't match or I didn't like the colour. Though there were some very good deals for non ski winter jackets like Columbia for 70 euros etc. 

So we went to Intersport and both jacket, pants, gloves and goggles from Intersport.

An Icepeack jacket with discounted costed 105 EUR and the pants 65 EUR. The nice part is that you can request tax free form if your purchase is more than 170 EUR, and get almost 20% of the amount back. I haven't submitted them yet as it was late when we got back, but going to do that soon. So overall I am quite happy with our purchases, also got to see Evian :) Though we should go back there again just for a walk. 

So one thing to mention was that we have walked till Decathlon, and it was around 1 hour walk. We knew it was far, but still wanted to walk, so may be you can check in advance the bus schedule to take a bus :)

We went for skying first time in my life to Champery, it was really nice. Though I need to pick a better place specifically for beginners. We went there just because our friend was going there. May be I will start another thread for that :))

Thanks everybody for your help!

Hey guys,

I wanted to thank all you for your help. We went to Evian and checked both Decathlon and Inersport ( thanks to JR). Decathlon was inexpensive but also most of the jackets looked cheap, and I couldn't pick anything because either the size didn't match or I didn't like the colour. Though there were some very good deals for non ski winter jackets like Columbia for 70 euros etc. 

So we went to Intersport and both jacket, pants, gloves and goggles from Intersport.

An Icepeack jacket with discounted costed 105 EUR and the pants 65 EUR. The nice part is that you can request tax free form if your purchase is more than 170 EUR, and get almost 20% of the amount back. I haven't submitted them yet as it was late when we got back, but going to do that soon. So overall I am quite happy with our purchases, also got to see Evian :) Though we should go back there again just for a walk. 

So one thing to mention was that we have walked till Decathlon, and it was around 1 hour walk. We knew it was far, but still wanted to walk, so may be you can check in advance the bus schedule to take a bus :)

We went for skying first time in my life to Champery, it was really nice. Though I need to pick a better place specifically for beginners. We went there just because our friend was going there. May be I will start another thread for that :))

Thanks everybody for your help!

Anna G, Jan 25, 2016 @ 10:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Jan 1, 70 01:00

You can find cheaper brands in Decathlon for sure, though with discounts Athelticum had good prcies as well. So depending if you are looking for a specific brand, you may not find it in Decathlon. 

If you are like me and haven't seen evian, then just buy a fairy ticket for 18 EUR, go to Evian and check both Decathlon and Intersport. And if you buy anything from there remember to ask for the Tax free, and you will get a good deal I think.

You can find cheaper brands in Decathlon for sure, though with discounts Athelticum had good prcies as well. So depending if you are looking for a specific brand, you may not find it in Decathlon. 

If you are like me and haven't seen evian, then just buy a fairy ticket for 18 EUR, go to Evian and check both Decathlon and Intersport. And if you buy anything from there remember to ask for the Tax free, and you will get a good deal I think.

Anna G, Jan 25, 2016 @ 10:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi guys,

Thanks!

Anna

Jan 22, 16 10:02

Making this helpful for people who read this in future. Here is the summary of suggestions

Decathlon near Geneva on in Evian
Intersport - intersport.fr in Evian

If buying from Evian or France don’t forget to do a tax free,

Check SportXX if there are any discounts
Athleticum - in Flon 

Making this helpful for people who read this in future. Here is the summary of suggestions

Decathlon near Geneva on in Evian
Intersport - intersport.fr in Evian

If buying from Evian or France don’t forget to do a tax free,

Check SportXX if there are any discounts
Athleticum - in Flon 

Anna G, Jan 25, 2016 @ 11:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 3453 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form