Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Snowboarding lessons

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Snowboarding lessons

Glocals crowd,

I recently moved to Lausanne and I am eager to learn how to snowboard. Does anyone know a good and affordable place to take snowboarding lessons?

Thanks and enjoy the winter!

The text you are quoting:

Glocals crowd,

I recently moved to Lausanne and I am eager to learn how to snowboard. Does anyone know a good and affordable place to take snowboarding lessons?

Thanks and enjoy the winter!

Juan Pablo HNov 26, 2010 @ 06:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1434 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Snowboarding lessons
Post 1

Hey there's a group called Geneva snowboarding group, you will find people like you who plan on going snowboarding this season! (beginners too!)

cheers!

Hey there's a group called Geneva snowboarding group, you will find people like you who plan on going snowboarding this season! (beginners too!)

cheers!

Lexi B, Nov 26, 2010 @ 09:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Mint Snowboarding in Morzine.  Run by English people. [email protected]

Mint Snowboarding in Morzine.  Run by English people. [email protected]

Paul E, Nov 26, 2010 @ 11:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

It´sd not that difficult in fact... well, a clear sense of balance is required, but apart from that it´s fairly easy. Start on the green slopes and work your way up!

It´sd not that difficult in fact... well, a clear sense of balance is required, but apart from that it´s fairly easy. Start on the green slopes and work your way up!

Bits Bobs, Dec 7, 2010 @ 10:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi JP,

Try these guys - they do 4 x 3 hour lessons in Jan for EUR82, Sunday afternoons starting Jan 2:-

http://www.esflesbrasses.info

I have booked already and there is a string of people from glocals looking at it too. Lessons are in groups of 10, which I reckon is about right for snowbording.

Rgds

David

Hi JP,

Try these guys - they do 4 x 3 hour lessons in Jan for EUR82, Sunday afternoons starting Jan 2:-

http://www.esflesbrasses.info

I have booked already and there is a string of people from glocals looking at it too. Lessons are in groups of 10, which I reckon is about right for snowbording.

Rgds

David

David Lloyd, Dec 7, 2010 @ 12:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Here's the glocals thread for the beginners:-

http://www.glocals.com/forums/Ski_Snowboarding/Beginner-Ski-Buddies-for-Jan-----106557.htm#msg_107823

I am hoping that we can travel and learn in groups

Here's the glocals thread for the beginners:-

http://www.glocals.com/forums/Ski_Snowboarding/Beginner-Ski-Buddies-for-Jan-----106557.htm#msg_107823

I am hoping that we can travel and learn in groups

David Lloyd, Dec 7, 2010 @ 12:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Jan 1, 70 01:00

You´ve heard right, but generally speaking and as I reffered to, you go up a level (I heard green is the lowest:-) and as you heard, down a slope.

You´ve heard right, but generally speaking and as I reffered to, you go up a level (I heard green is the lowest:-) and as you heard, down a slope.

Bits Bobs, Dec 7, 2010 @ 13:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

This weekend there will be free snowboarding lessons given by the European Snow school in Verbier -

http://www.europeansnowsport.com/index.php/2010/12/06/free-ski-lesson-in-verbier-this-weekend/ 

I used to be a professional snowboarder ( slalom) and it is the most amazing nad fun sport.

Enjoy! 

This weekend there will be free snowboarding lessons given by the European Snow school in Verbier -

http://www.europeansnowsport.com/index.php/2010/12/06/free-ski-lesson-in-verbier-this-weekend/ 

I used to be a professional snowboarder ( slalom) and it is the most amazing nad fun sport.

Enjoy! 

hermes, Dec 7, 2010 @ 13:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I totally agree with Paul's recommendation of Mint Snowboard School. Tammy has a fantastic reputation within the industry.

If you fancied trying somewhere a little further afield then I recommend Alliance Snowboard School in Tignes. www.alliancesnowboarding.com 

Personally, I've not had great experience with ESF and would recommend that you choose a snowboard specific school where the instructors have obtained the highest level of qualifications in snowboarding instruction (rather than have excellent ski qualifications and teach snowboarding as a secondary sport). Both Mint and Alliance fit the bill here.

I totally agree with Paul's recommendation of Mint Snowboard School. Tammy has a fantastic reputation within the industry.

If you fancied trying somewhere a little further afield then I recommend Alliance Snowboard School in Tignes. www.alliancesnowboarding.com 

Personally, I've not had great experience with ESF and would recommend that you choose a snowboard specific school where the instructors have obtained the highest level of qualifications in snowboarding instruction (rather than have excellent ski qualifications and teach snowboarding as a secondary sport). Both Mint and Alliance fit the bill here.

Joanna D, Dec 10, 2010 @ 11:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1434 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form