Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Snowboarding on 30th January - Les diablerets.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Snowboarding on 30th January - Les diablerets.

Hi folks,

Two friends and I are going to Les Diablerets on 30th January for snowboarding. If someone wants to go, are more than invited, we are quite beginners!

Cheers,

Andrés.

The text you are quoting:

Hi folks,

Two friends and I are going to Les Diablerets on 30th January for snowboarding. If someone wants to go, are more than invited, we are quite beginners!

Cheers,

Andrés.

Andres DuqueJan 20, 2016 @ 14:39
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1422 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Snowboarding on 30th January - Les diablerets.
Post 1

Hi Andres,

I'm interested to come along. I snowboard as well, I get down the slope but not at all an expert, so like you I guess. How are you planning to get there?

Cheers, Stijn

Hi Andres,

I'm interested to come along. I snowboard as well, I get down the slope but not at all an expert, so like you I guess. How are you planning to get there?

Cheers, Stijn

Stijn B, Jan 20, 2016 @ 19:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

well, just taking the train, go and come is a total of 55chf.

We take the train, we are going to bring our food (I think,probably), and well, buy the forfait and that's it hahha

well, just taking the train, go and come is a total of 55chf.

We take the train, we are going to bring our food (I think,probably), and well, buy the forfait and that's it hahha

Andres Duque, Jan 20, 2016 @ 20:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

How long is the train ride? Isn't it about 2 hours? Maybe the bus (60-70 chf ski pass included) is easier?

How long is the train ride? Isn't it about 2 hours? Maybe the bus (60-70 chf ski pass included) is easier?

Stijn B, Jan 23, 2016 @ 07:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

ah lol, yeah of course. If there is a bus going there per that price is nicer than my idea.

Where do you find that?

ah lol, yeah of course. If there is a bus going there per that price is nicer than my idea.

Where do you find that?

Andres Duque, Jan 23, 2016 @ 14:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I would not recommend Les Diablerets for a snowboarding beginner! It is not a snowboarding friendly resort, they have a lot of very long baby-lifts and in some of the vallies they are the only option to go out. There are also a lot of stones.

I would not recommend Les Diablerets for a snowboarding beginner! It is not a snowboarding friendly resort, they have a lot of very long baby-lifts and in some of the vallies they are the only option to go out. There are also a lot of stones.

catalin, Jan 23, 2016 @ 19:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Well, the buses are not to Les Diablerets, but to a few places in France... So if you want Les Diableret I guess train or car is the only option.

Well, the buses are not to Les Diablerets, but to a few places in France... So if you want Les Diableret I guess train or car is the only option.

Stijn B, Jan 24, 2016 @ 11:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Thanks,

What would you recommend for snowboarding in Vaud/Valais? I went to Adebolben once but it was hard, red and black slopes.

Thanks,

What would you recommend for snowboarding in Vaud/Valais? I went to Adebolben once but it was hard, red and black slopes.

Andres Duque, Jan 25, 2016 @ 15:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I saw to chamonix, the fact is going there somehow, Geneva - Chamonix i think is the best option.

I saw to chamonix, the fact is going there somehow, Geneva - Chamonix i think is the best option.

Andres Duque, Jan 25, 2016 @ 15:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Jan 25, 16 15:50

Haha!! Chamonix is THE toughest ski resort in France!  It's only worth going if you're an experienced off piste skier and you're headed to the Grand Montets in Argie - then it's the best.

But it's made up of 5 - 6 different ski areas all linked by local bus - which is a pain the arse. You'll spend all day either in the wrong area or getting on and off the bus until you find an area that you like.

If you're thinking Les Diablerets (don't - it's 99% T Bars which is a shit for snowboarders and can get very icy - double shit), then go to Villars instead (same mountain).  Lovely wide, open pistes and 99% chairlifts.  Villars is also very easy by public transport - train to Aigle then the bus links with the trains to take you up to the village.

Enjoy - and remember to look up the mountain before you take off and have eyes in the back of your head if you're boarding backwards and not drop off, on to a piste where you can't see who's coming (I could be below you, thanks.....!)

Haha!! Chamonix is THE toughest ski resort in France!  It's only worth going if you're an experienced off piste skier and you're headed to the Grand Montets in Argie - then it's the best.

But it's made up of 5 - 6 different ski areas all linked by local bus - which is a pain the arse. You'll spend all day either in the wrong area or getting on and off the bus until you find an area that you like.

If you're thinking Les Diablerets (don't - it's 99% T Bars which is a shit for snowboarders and can get very icy - double shit), then go to Villars instead (same mountain).  Lovely wide, open pistes and 99% chairlifts.  Villars is also very easy by public transport - train to Aigle then the bus links with the trains to take you up to the village.

Enjoy - and remember to look up the mountain before you take off and have eyes in the back of your head if you're boarding backwards and not drop off, on to a piste where you can't see who's coming (I could be below you, thanks.....!)

Carolyn C, Jan 25, 2016 @ 21:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Jan 25, 16 21:08

Thanks for your advise! in fact we are fine but one friends its newbie, we are going to figure out how to go to Villars

Thanks for your advise! in fact we are fine but one friends its newbie, we are going to figure out how to go to Villars

Andres Duque, Jan 26, 2016 @ 09:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1422 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form