Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Snowshoeing areas good for beginners?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Snowshoeing areas good for beginners?

Hi All!

My parents will be visiting next week and I would like to take them snowshoeing. The places I have been are great but not quite easy enough.

Does anyone know any super easy places to go snowshoeing?

Thanks,

S

The text you are quoting:

Hi All!

My parents will be visiting next week and I would like to take them snowshoeing. The places I have been are great but not quite easy enough.

Does anyone know any super easy places to go snowshoeing?

Thanks,

S

Sarit MJan 28, 2015 @ 20:47
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1460 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Snowshoeing areas good for beginners?
Post 1

You could go to la Givrine (access by train from Nyon) and usually you can hire snnow shoes there - was there last Sunday but forgot to look if they were open - check St Cergue tourist office.  During the week they are probably closed but ypou hire in St cergue of you have a car otherwise in Genva.  Then there is a trail on the right as you approach from St Cergue which insummer is a tarmac forest road.After 1 - 1.5 hours you reach le Genolier where you can get something to eat (at least a tweekends) a further hour and you reach le Vermeilley also food but again do not know if open during week

On other side are two restaurants, not visible but you take the track on the left 200 metres after la Givrine.  These are easy but good fun as there will be lots of snow.

Other places are plateau de Glières, l'gné in the valley de la Manche after Morzine and probably most ski resorts although not very well up on these easy types of walk.  Ah also la Vattay just after col de la Faucille but that caters more for cross country skiers

You could go to la Givrine (access by train from Nyon) and usually you can hire snnow shoes there - was there last Sunday but forgot to look if they were open - check St Cergue tourist office.  During the week they are probably closed but ypou hire in St cergue of you have a car otherwise in Genva.  Then there is a trail on the right as you approach from St Cergue which insummer is a tarmac forest road.After 1 - 1.5 hours you reach le Genolier where you can get something to eat (at least a tweekends) a further hour and you reach le Vermeilley also food but again do not know if open during week

On other side are two restaurants, not visible but you take the track on the left 200 metres after la Givrine.  These are easy but good fun as there will be lots of snow.

Other places are plateau de Glières, l'gné in the valley de la Manche after Morzine and probably most ski resorts although not very well up on these easy types of walk.  Ah also la Vattay just after col de la Faucille but that caters more for cross country skiers

Paul E, Jan 28, 2015 @ 21:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Snowshoeing areas good for beginners?
Post 2

Thanks for your feedback! I will keep this in mind.

Thanks for your feedback! I will keep this in mind.

Sarit M, Jan 29, 2015 @ 15:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1460 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form