Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Where to throw old skis?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Where to throw old skis?

My old skis are like twelve years old and can not be used anymore. But where should I throw them? Don't feel like posing them outside on the street together with the other trash twice a week, as I think about the environment etc. Does anybody know if sports shops accept receiving old skis to recycle/scrap in a proper way?

The text you are quoting:

My old skis are like twelve years old and can not be used anymore. But where should I throw them? Don't feel like posing them outside on the street together with the other trash twice a week, as I think about the environment etc. Does anybody know if sports shops accept receiving old skis to recycle/scrap in a proper way?

Line BJul 1, 2010 @ 11:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1873 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Where to throw old skis?
Post 1

Charity shops like Caritas also take skis but only if they can still be used. Another place to find someone to take them would be freecycle (www.freecycle.org).

If really they can't be used any more, I guess you just have to throw them away. I haven't heard of ski recycling, but you can always ask at a sports shop. Maybe try Penseyres Sports, Rue de Neuchâtel 7 in Pâquis, tel 022 732 98 34.

Charity shops like Caritas also take skis but only if they can still be used. Another place to find someone to take them would be freecycle (www.freecycle.org).

If really they can't be used any more, I guess you just have to throw them away. I haven't heard of ski recycling, but you can always ask at a sports shop. Maybe try Penseyres Sports, Rue de Neuchâtel 7 in Pâquis, tel 022 732 98 34.

eva77, Jul 1, 2010 @ 12:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello,

If you have to throw your old skis away there is one (or may be 2 - depends where you live in Geneva) special day each month when you can put them on the street. It is called "ramassage des déchets encombrants". There should be an indication about in the house where you live.

Hello,

If you have to throw your old skis away there is one (or may be 2 - depends where you live in Geneva) special day each month when you can put them on the street. It is called "ramassage des déchets encombrants". There should be an indication about in the house where you live.

Vincent C, Jul 1, 2010 @ 12:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Great, thanks for the replies.

(And no, they are not useable anymore. )

Great, thanks for the replies.

(And no, they are not useable anymore. )

Line B, Jul 1, 2010 @ 13:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

keep them until you go to an old fashion ski party...or you can fix them at the wall, on top of a chimney, as decoration.You can also recycle them as cross country skis.

But don't trash them, the world is so spoiled with numerous old skis going around...

keep them until you go to an old fashion ski party...or you can fix them at the wall, on top of a chimney, as decoration.You can also recycle them as cross country skis.

But don't trash them, the world is so spoiled with numerous old skis going around...

zerotonine, Jul 1, 2010 @ 14:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Uhmmm... ok? Let me know if you want to take over my problem with them, and I can give them to you for free. As long as I don't have to see them anymore. Wink

Uhmmm... ok? Let me know if you want to take over my problem with them, and I can give them to you for free. As long as I don't have to see them anymore. Wink

Line B, Jul 1, 2010 @ 14:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

well, i am NOT a recycle bin. Thank you for the gift anyway :)

well, i am NOT a recycle bin. Thank you for the gift anyway :)

zerotonine, Jul 1, 2010 @ 15:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Well, in that case, let me trash my skis in peace. Wink

Well, in that case, let me trash my skis in peace. Wink

Line B, Jul 1, 2010 @ 15:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

i hope someone has the solution for you, it is hard to live with such existentials problems, like the one you have exposed. Good luck!

i hope someone has the solution for you, it is hard to live with such existentials problems, like the one you have exposed. Good luck!

zerotonine, Jul 1, 2010 @ 15:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1873 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form