Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > X-country training in summer

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
X-country training in summer
As i didnt have much chance to do X-country this winter, i am looking into alternative and training on roller-skis. 
Does anybody have any experience with it? Or could recommend a place where the basic courses are offered. Ideally somewhere where it is possible to try out different models of the rollers, both: classic and skating. 

I dont seem to find any places in Switzerland :O

Thank you for any tips!
The text you are quoting:
As i didnt have much chance to do X-country this winter, i am looking into alternative and training on roller-skis. 
Does anybody have any experience with it? Or could recommend a place where the basic courses are offered. Ideally somewhere where it is possible to try out different models of the rollers, both: classic and skating. 

I dont seem to find any places in Switzerland :O

Thank you for any tips!
anamuApr 13, 2015 @ 18:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1854 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: X-country training in summer
Post 1

I bought some and did a bit last year. I just bought some online, but if you go to Aux Vieux Campeur they have a decent selection.

I'm not a strong xc skier so it wasn't easy to find very flat, safe places to train. But I did have some nice sessions doing laps of Lac de Divonne, on the voie verte up near Bonneville and one day I'll make it to Annecy to enjoy the amazing voie verte down there.

If you can xc ski already then a course isn't necessary, though of course you can always improve technique. It's not exactly the same feeling but it's still very good fitness training.

Feel free to message me if you have questions or want to roll together sometime..

I bought some and did a bit last year. I just bought some online, but if you go to Aux Vieux Campeur they have a decent selection.

I'm not a strong xc skier so it wasn't easy to find very flat, safe places to train. But I did have some nice sessions doing laps of Lac de Divonne, on the voie verte up near Bonneville and one day I'll make it to Annecy to enjoy the amazing voie verte down there.

If you can xc ski already then a course isn't necessary, though of course you can always improve technique. It's not exactly the same feeling but it's still very good fitness training.

Feel free to message me if you have questions or want to roll together sometime..

Amy Soska, Apr 13, 2015 @ 20:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: X-country training in summer
Post 2

Hi Anamu,

I have a couple of pairs of the Marwe skate roller skate skis and run introductory training for people that want to try it.  I do this in Lausanne and Geneva - but I see you are in Basel, so that doesn't really help.  Aswell as Vieux Campeur there is also  Sport and Neige  in Pontarlier http://www.sportetneige.com/.  Its fun, very good for balance and a great workout, but be very careful on the descents as they are not easy to slow down.

Cheers 

Kathy

Hi Anamu,

I have a couple of pairs of the Marwe skate roller skate skis and run introductory training for people that want to try it.  I do this in Lausanne and Geneva - but I see you are in Basel, so that doesn't really help.  Aswell as Vieux Campeur there is also  Sport and Neige  in Pontarlier http://www.sportetneige.com/.  Its fun, very good for balance and a great workout, but be very careful on the descents as they are not easy to slow down.

Cheers 

Kathy

zimmo, Apr 25, 2015 @ 19:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1854 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form