Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > need all snowboarding gear

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
need all snowboarding gear

Hi,

I am wanting to try out snowboarding this year seeing as i now live so close to the mountains. I have never done it before so I need everything...pants, jacket, boots (size 38 clothes and shoes) and bindings and whatever else you need. as i don't know yet if I am going to like it, i am looking for cheap but still reasonablr quality second hand gear.

please get in touch if you have anything, or know where i might find things.

Thanks, Nikki.

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

I am wanting to try out snowboarding this year seeing as i now live so close to the mountains. I have never done it before so I need everything...pants, jacket, boots (size 38 clothes and shoes) and bindings and whatever else you need. as i don't know yet if I am going to like it, i am looking for cheap but still reasonablr quality second hand gear.

please get in touch if you have anything, or know where i might find things.

Thanks, Nikki.

nikkisawyerDec 8, 2009 @ 09:30
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 2890 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: need all snowboarding gear
Post 1

hi nikki, if you get the 17 tram to Moillesullaz there is a Decathlon close to there with really cheap new stuff. If u cant get your hands on second hand stuff this is probably the best/cheapest place to get what u need.

hi nikki, if you get the 17 tram to Moillesullaz there is a Decathlon close to there with really cheap new stuff. If u cant get your hands on second hand stuff this is probably the best/cheapest place to get what u need.

Pioneer85, Dec 8, 2009 @ 12:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Nikki,

I got my stuff from Outlet near Ikea , they had 30% discount "http://www.outlet-aubonne.ch/en/"... you can find how to get there and all the stores in the website.

Cheers,

Hi Nikki,

I got my stuff from Outlet near Ikea , they had 30% discount "http://www.outlet-aubonne.ch/en/"... you can find how to get there and all the stores in the website.

Cheers,

Abdul A, Dec 8, 2009 @ 14:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello!

I am now doing ski with my husband and I want to get rid of my snowboard things because I won't use them again and I would be happy if someone can enjoy them. Everything is in excellent conditions and pretty much like new.

Snowboard: Ride with carbon inside so it is flexible and light, like a new

Boots: Burton -bought 2 years ago, like new

I also have Burton pants and a Helly Hansen coat (warm, with fur around the hood) and even warm gloves of a very good quality.

MAKE AN OFFER!!! I won't refuse any reasonable offer...LIke 500 CHF for the board and the boots....and 600 CHF for everyting!

My phone: 078 709 0366

Cheers!

Hello!

I am now doing ski with my husband and I want to get rid of my snowboard things because I won't use them again and I would be happy if someone can enjoy them. Everything is in excellent conditions and pretty much like new.

Snowboard: Ride with carbon inside so it is flexible and light, like a new

Boots: Burton -bought 2 years ago, like new

I also have Burton pants and a Helly Hansen coat (warm, with fur around the hood) and even warm gloves of a very good quality.

MAKE AN OFFER!!! I won't refuse any reasonable offer...LIke 500 CHF for the board and the boots....and 600 CHF for everyting!

My phone: 078 709 0366

Cheers!

brigitta, Jan 8, 2010 @ 11:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Where can you rent at a reasonable price?

I've looked at Migros which I thought would be the cheapest but its still 300 francs for the season.

Where can you rent at a reasonable price?

I've looked at Migros which I thought would be the cheapest but its still 300 francs for the season.

jessica callen, Jan 8, 2010 @ 13:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

thanks, i have got the pants now and have borrowed a board. i think i will rent bindings and boots to begin with to see if i like it. apparantly there is a place in Balexert that rents things relatively cheaply.

thanks, i have got the pants now and have borrowed a board. i think i will rent bindings and boots to begin with to see if i like it. apparantly there is a place in Balexert that rents things relatively cheaply.

nikkisawyer, Jan 8, 2010 @ 15:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Rent or buy : a great place - staff with excellent knowledge

Technosurf SA

rute de colovrex 15

Grand-Saconnex

Not sure if the prices are less than others but great service and advices are something i prefer to cheeper and less friendly shops.

I would rent the whole equip. for the first season to see if you like it.  Snowboard is somthing either you LOVE it or just don't .

Good shopping!

Rent or buy : a great place - staff with excellent knowledge

Technosurf SA

rute de colovrex 15

Grand-Saconnex

Not sure if the prices are less than others but great service and advices are something i prefer to cheeper and less friendly shops.

I would rent the whole equip. for the first season to see if you like it.  Snowboard is somthing either you LOVE it or just don't .

Good shopping!

Yoshi Shimizu, Jan 8, 2010 @ 14:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

I would suggest to get knee pads (u wear under the pants) and wrist guards (or those gloves that have built-in wrist protector). coz that's where you land when u fall ( and u have to learn how to fall as well....to minimize potential injuries. ;))  But once you master it, you would get addicted!! Have fun and stay safe!

I would suggest to get knee pads (u wear under the pants) and wrist guards (or those gloves that have built-in wrist protector). coz that's where you land when u fall ( and u have to learn how to fall as well....to minimize potential injuries. ;))  But once you master it, you would get addicted!! Have fun and stay safe!

Yoshi Shimizu, Jan 8, 2010 @ 16:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

We hired our stuff last year from Lanches in Annemasse.Amazing place....very helpful staff,and good price for the season.Make sure you get there when they open,as it does get crowded.

We have now got our own gear(shame as i have torn a tendon in my ankle so will not be using it this season..bummer:( But is good to do it this way,also at the end of the season they sell alot of the gear off cheaper.

Lanches,9 rue des Chasseurs,Ville-la -Grand

www.lanches.fr

Have fun!!!

Nookes

We hired our stuff last year from Lanches in Annemasse.Amazing place....very helpful staff,and good price for the season.Make sure you get there when they open,as it does get crowded.

We have now got our own gear(shame as i have torn a tendon in my ankle so will not be using it this season..bummer:( But is good to do it this way,also at the end of the season they sell alot of the gear off cheaper.

Lanches,9 rue des Chasseurs,Ville-la -Grand

www.lanches.fr

Have fun!!!

Nookes

Nookes, Jan 8, 2010 @ 20:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Nikki,

Oescher sports rent a board fir 200CHF per season... this may be a better option than buying for now so you can try out what size / style you like etc.

in terms of gear, 2nd hand would be the best and I would try to buy the boots also.

Hi Nikki,

Oescher sports rent a board fir 200CHF per season... this may be a better option than buying for now so you can try out what size / style you like etc.

in terms of gear, 2nd hand would be the best and I would try to buy the boots also.

Lydia_London, Jan 8, 2010 @ 21:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

What Lydia said.

You can go to Oschner sports and rent a board, Bindings, boots combo for about 200 chf for the season.  I'm sure you can check the other big sports stores too and they'll make sure the setup is comfortable for you which is what you want when you are trying it out as you will be falling a lot

What Lydia said.

You can go to Oschner sports and rent a board, Bindings, boots combo for about 200 chf for the season.  I'm sure you can check the other big sports stores too and they'll make sure the setup is comfortable for you which is what you want when you are trying it out as you will be falling a lot

Wynn, Jan 9, 2010 @ 23:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hey Nikki,

I have an extra Burton binding if you want to borrow for the season till you decide to buy. Let em know.

Cruise

[email protected]

Hey Nikki,

I have an extra Burton binding if you want to borrow for the season till you decide to buy. Let em know.

Cruise

[email protected]

cruiseyong, Jan 22, 2010 @ 00:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Sorry I didn't see that earlier, because it's maybe the best adress in Geneva when looking for cheap things: Sold, in Carouge, avenue cardinal-mermillod.

http://www.sold-sports.ch

You'll find both second hand things, and cheap skis, clothes, etc, mostly because they got things from the year before.

Sorry I didn't see that earlier, because it's maybe the best adress in Geneva when looking for cheap things: Sold, in Carouge, avenue cardinal-mermillod.

http://www.sold-sports.ch

You'll find both second hand things, and cheap skis, clothes, etc, mostly because they got things from the year before.

RemyS, Jan 24, 2010 @ 18:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 2890 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form