Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > ski on weekdays?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
ski on weekdays?

Hey there!

Is anyone up for some weekday skiing? I'm basically a beginner - I've skied in bigger resorts on the reds (Zermatt, Chamoinix, Dolomites), but had a bad accident last year, fractured my arm, and lost some confidence.

I'd like to start nice and gently this year, maybe at Les Crosets or Champoussin...I've never been to either but I've heard there are nice wide long blue runs there suitable for a beginner.

I'd even be opening to splitting a lesson for a couple of hours.

Is anyone else interested? I have a car and am in Montreux. We can take the train or I can drive, whichever is best.

The text you are quoting:

Hey there!

Is anyone up for some weekday skiing? I'm basically a beginner - I've skied in bigger resorts on the reds (Zermatt, Chamoinix, Dolomites), but had a bad accident last year, fractured my arm, and lost some confidence.

I'd like to start nice and gently this year, maybe at Les Crosets or Champoussin...I've never been to either but I've heard there are nice wide long blue runs there suitable for a beginner.

I'd even be opening to splitting a lesson for a couple of hours.

Is anyone else interested? I have a car and am in Montreux. We can take the train or I can drive, whichever is best.

Yvonne HJan 23, 2014 @ 20:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

28 Replies | 2336 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: ski on weekdays?
Post 1

Hello Yvonne I'm a beginner (skiing for 1 month now) and I live in Lausanne. I would be happy to go skiing with you (long blue piste would be perfect for me now) and why not for some lessons too.

Cheers

Hello Yvonne I'm a beginner (skiing for 1 month now) and I live in Lausanne. I would be happy to go skiing with you (long blue piste would be perfect for me now) and why not for some lessons too.

Cheers

christophe b, Jan 23, 2014 @ 21:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Sounds great, would love to join!

I'm a beginner, wide blue is exactly what I need. Live in Geneva so Croset is ideal for me. Also happy to share a lesson. 

Sounds great, would love to join!

I'm a beginner, wide blue is exactly what I need. Live in Geneva so Croset is ideal for me. Also happy to share a lesson. 

Nir Ofek, Jan 23, 2014 @ 22:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi all,

I'd be up for it too as these days it seems there are sunnier days during the week than the weekends.

I also live in Geneva but, and as long as it's not the French side (more difficult to reach with no car), the venue is not a problem.

F

Hi all,

I'd be up for it too as these days it seems there are sunnier days during the week than the weekends.

I also live in Geneva but, and as long as it's not the French side (more difficult to reach with no car), the venue is not a problem.

F

Filippo Piemontese, Jan 23, 2014 @ 23:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

But I only noticed you are looking for weekdays skiing... which in my case is not possible.

sorry

But I only noticed you are looking for weekdays skiing... which in my case is not possible.

sorry

christophe b, Jan 23, 2014 @ 23:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

So...shall we pick a dayCool I see it's a 2ish hour train ride form Montreux to Les Crosets. 48 minutes by car. What do you guys think? There's also someone else that contacted me by message to say she was interested, too. (I have a 2 door Audi A3, so some space but not a ton!)

Would anyone want to share a lesson, or shall we brave it on our own? Someone recommended this school and the rates are not so bad:

http://www.funschool.ch/

So...shall we pick a dayCool I see it's a 2ish hour train ride form Montreux to Les Crosets. 48 minutes by car. What do you guys think? There's also someone else that contacted me by message to say she was interested, too. (I have a 2 door Audi A3, so some space but not a ton!)

Would anyone want to share a lesson, or shall we brave it on our own? Someone recommended this school and the rates are not so bad:

http://www.funschool.ch/

Yvonne H, Jan 24, 2014 @ 01:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi,

let's look at the weather forecasts and pick a day when the chances of getting some sunshine are high? it's so much more fun to ski in the sun!

checked the website and I agree, prices are ok. I'd be happy to join a course for a couple of hours as last time I did a course was a few years back.

As I said, train is a good option for me. It's a little longer than by car but not in a rush.

Filippo

Hi,

let's look at the weather forecasts and pick a day when the chances of getting some sunshine are high? it's so much more fun to ski in the sun!

checked the website and I agree, prices are ok. I'd be happy to join a course for a couple of hours as last time I did a course was a few years back.

As I said, train is a good option for me. It's a little longer than by car but not in a rush.

Filippo

Filippo Piemontese, Jan 24, 2014 @ 22:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Meteo looks ike some snow and clouds through Wednesday. Let's wait a couple of days and hope that it clears up for Thursday or Friday Cool

Meteo looks ike some snow and clouds through Wednesday. Let's wait a couple of days and hope that it clears up for Thursday or Friday Cool

Yvonne H, Jan 24, 2014 @ 23:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

it looks like a plan!

it looks like a plan!

Filippo Piemontese, Jan 25, 2014 @ 11:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Bonsoir,

Friday looking a touch better than Thursday. We could wait until tomorrow for a more accurate forecast. Any thoughts? Let me know if we rolling.

F

Bonsoir,

Friday looking a touch better than Thursday. We could wait until tomorrow for a more accurate forecast. Any thoughts? Let me know if we rolling.

F

Filippo Piemontese, Jan 28, 2014 @ 22:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

This sounds very nice.  Can anyone join in?  My friend alex badly needs to learn how to ski, he is very out of control.  

This sounds very nice.  Can anyone join in?  My friend alex badly needs to learn how to ski, he is very out of control.  

stephen w, Jan 29, 2014 @ 11:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Definitely, Stephen, the more the merrier.

My week has gone mad and I don't think I can manage Th or Fri. Next week is wide open, and meteo looks good for Monday.

What do you guys say?

Definitely, Stephen, the more the merrier.

My week has gone mad and I don't think I can manage Th or Fri. Next week is wide open, and meteo looks good for Monday.

What do you guys say?

Yvonne H, Jan 29, 2014 @ 12:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

I'm going to post an activity to go to Les Crosets on Tuesday. Hope to see you guys then!

I'm going to post an activity to go to Les Crosets on Tuesday. Hope to see you guys then!

Yvonne H, Jan 31, 2014 @ 15:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Ack, scratch that. Tuesday is  a no go. Any other day, though, will be fine.Cool

Ack, scratch that. Tuesday is  a no go. Any other day, though, will be fine.Cool

Yvonne H, Jan 31, 2014 @ 15:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Hi Yvonne,

I am a beginner ( I have had one 2 hour lesson) and I am available weekdays, so I would be happy to share some lessons with you. Just let me know when you can make it or I will look out for your posting.

Lucy

Hi Yvonne,

I am a beginner ( I have had one 2 hour lesson) and I am available weekdays, so I would be happy to share some lessons with you. Just let me know when you can make it or I will look out for your posting.

Lucy

Lucy W, Jan 31, 2014 @ 18:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Monday is the day!

Monday is the day!

Filippo Piemontese, Jan 31, 2014 @ 22:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

I can't do Monday, but let me know when the next one will be. I also do not have a car, so if there is a nice person that has a car would be possible for me to go with them?

I can't do Monday, but let me know when the next one will be. I also do not have a car, so if there is a nice person that has a car would be possible for me to go with them?

Lucy W, Feb 1, 2014 @ 11:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Hey guys!

Should we give this a shot again this year? I work independently so I have a flexible schedule and would love to do some weekday skiing to take advantage of fewer crowds.

I live in Montreux and I have a car, or we can go by train. 

I'm up to give Verbier a shot soon....anyone?

Hey guys!

Should we give this a shot again this year? I work independently so I have a flexible schedule and would love to do some weekday skiing to take advantage of fewer crowds.

I live in Montreux and I have a car, or we can go by train. 

I'm up to give Verbier a shot soon....anyone?

Yvonne H, Dec 29, 2014 @ 15:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Hi Yvonne,

I would be interested in joining during January, I am flexibile with the schedule as long as it's on a sunny day. I live in Geneva and I am also a sort of beginner.

Hi Yvonne,

I would be interested in joining during January, I am flexibile with the schedule as long as it's on a sunny day. I live in Geneva and I am also a sort of beginner.

Denisa H, Dec 29, 2014 @ 18:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

I am interested also, and I suggest Monts Jura for plenty of easy slopes

I am interested also, and I suggest Monts Jura for plenty of easy slopes

Ali Baba, Feb 18, 2015 @ 16:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

I'm planning to take next Thurs / Friday off and was thinking about heading to Leysin, over at the Montreux side of the lake.. There's a 30.- day pass on groupon right now. 

I havn't been before but looks good, revolving resto at the top, parking at the bottom and nice long blues inbetween.

Last weekend I was at Lelex and that was ok too.

I'm planning to take next Thurs / Friday off and was thinking about heading to Leysin, over at the Montreux side of the lake.. There's a 30.- day pass on groupon right now. 

I havn't been before but looks good, revolving resto at the top, parking at the bottom and nice long blues inbetween.

Last weekend I was at Lelex and that was ok too.

John H, Feb 25, 2015 @ 16:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Hi all,  I'm very interested in going on a weekday too, especially if it's sunny!

Hi all,  I'm very interested in going on a weekday too, especially if it's sunny!

Wendy C, Feb 26, 2015 @ 16:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

I'm just back from Dolomities (Corvara and Kronplatz) but unfortunately weather was bad, so not too much skiiing. Next week looks snowy and windy here, but if the weather clears up, I'd be up for trying Leysin. I went a couple of years ago when I was first learning to stand on skiis and it wasn't bad for beginners.

My week is flexible so any day Tuesday-Friday will work for me.

I'm just back from Dolomities (Corvara and Kronplatz) but unfortunately weather was bad, so not too much skiiing. Next week looks snowy and windy here, but if the weather clears up, I'd be up for trying Leysin. I went a couple of years ago when I was first learning to stand on skiis and it wasn't bad for beginners.

My week is flexible so any day Tuesday-Friday will work for me.

Yvonne H, Feb 28, 2015 @ 15:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

The weather is looking a bit questionable for this week!?

I still have free day Thurs so weather permitting, happy to go somewhere.

The weather is looking a bit questionable for this week!?

I still have free day Thurs so weather permitting, happy to go somewhere.

John H, Mar 2, 2015 @ 15:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

I decided .. Snow looks good. Leysin for me.

If you see me in my yellow tartan jacket, say hello!

I decided .. Snow looks good. Leysin for me.

If you see me in my yellow tartan jacket, say hello!

John H, Mar 4, 2015 @ 14:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

Gorgeous day at Leysin yesterday and going back today.. 

Look out for the yellow tartan jacket and say hello  Cool

Gorgeous day at Leysin yesterday and going back today.. 

Look out for the yellow tartan jacket and say hello  Cool

John H, Mar 6, 2015 @ 08:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

Anybody wants to join me tmr (Monday) in Leysin?

Ali Baba, Mar 8, 2015 @ 13:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

Mar 8, 15 13:47

Hey Ali B..  I was there Thur/Fri and it was great. However, the snow was really melting a lot .. I'm not saying don't go, just double check conditions. Even up at the top above 2000m the top layer of snow was really wet and slushy, was sometimes hard to make turns because it just made a big pile of slush and nearer the bottom the grass was coming through in some places. I saw a huge difference between my two days.

But all said it was still a really good couple of days there.

Bon Ski!

Hey Ali B..  I was there Thur/Fri and it was great. However, the snow was really melting a lot .. I'm not saying don't go, just double check conditions. Even up at the top above 2000m the top layer of snow was really wet and slushy, was sometimes hard to make turns because it just made a big pile of slush and nearer the bottom the grass was coming through in some places. I saw a huge difference between my two days.

But all said it was still a really good couple of days there.

Bon Ski!

John H, Mar 8, 2015 @ 13:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

I went today. Weather was nice, pistes almost empty but the snow, as you said, were melting really bad. I covered most of the pistes in the leysin area once, since I have never been, and then just skiied the hell out of the powdered red piste at the bottom of the revolving restaurant.

Next Sat I'm going to Gstaad to close off the season, if anybody want to join me.

I went today. Weather was nice, pistes almost empty but the snow, as you said, were melting really bad. I covered most of the pistes in the leysin area once, since I have never been, and then just skiied the hell out of the powdered red piste at the bottom of the revolving restaurant.

Next Sat I'm going to Gstaad to close off the season, if anybody want to join me.

Ali Baba, Mar 9, 2015 @ 20:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
28 Replies | 2336 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form