Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Exchange Things > Be my illustration muse! And in return make a request - photos, English, not DIY...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Be my illustration muse! And in return make a request - photos, English, not DIY...

Hi all, would anyone (or lots of you) like to be life models for me so that I can improve my illustration skills?  No experience required apart from an ability to stay still for five /  ten / twenty minutes at a time.  Men or women, young or old, and its just a bit of fun so no hard work.  I'm an accomplished photographer and drawing is my next project - the way of "seeing" is the same but the technique is so, so different.  I've been pursuing it for a few months and the human form is by far the most challenging and most fun and the only way to become really great is with a little luck and lots of practice so here I am asking for help.  And one of the interesting things about illustrations is that they have as much left out as they have stated so the anonymity can be quite comforting for the model unlike photography. 

Ideally sometime during weekdays is good for me but you can let me know when works for you and I will do my best to work something out.  And no, you don't need to be naked before someone asks.  In return I can offer biscuits, a brief photoshoot on a CD or education on how to take great pics, I can give you some of the pics I draw of you if you like (although that might turn out to be a *really* bad deal!), if you would like to improve your English then I can help with that... make a request.  I'm absolutely, truly crap at every single form of DIY so that most certainly isn't on the menu.  I'm just looking for some people who might be pleasantly surprised with the results really, so any and all contributions gratefully received.  Ping me an email if you like and I can show you some of the recent drawings I have done if you are interested.  My website is listed on my profile but I won't be publishing drawings on there until I'm really happy with the results and certainly not without permission.

The text you are quoting:

Hi all, would anyone (or lots of you) like to be life models for me so that I can improve my illustration skills?  No experience required apart from an ability to stay still for five /  ten / twenty minutes at a time.  Men or women, young or old, and its just a bit of fun so no hard work.  I'm an accomplished photographer and drawing is my next project - the way of "seeing" is the same but the technique is so, so different.  I've been pursuing it for a few months and the human form is by far the most challenging and most fun and the only way to become really great is with a little luck and lots of practice so here I am asking for help.  And one of the interesting things about illustrations is that they have as much left out as they have stated so the anonymity can be quite comforting for the model unlike photography. 

Ideally sometime during weekdays is good for me but you can let me know when works for you and I will do my best to work something out.  And no, you don't need to be naked before someone asks.  In return I can offer biscuits, a brief photoshoot on a CD or education on how to take great pics, I can give you some of the pics I draw of you if you like (although that might turn out to be a *really* bad deal!), if you would like to improve your English then I can help with that... make a request.  I'm absolutely, truly crap at every single form of DIY so that most certainly isn't on the menu.  I'm just looking for some people who might be pleasantly surprised with the results really, so any and all contributions gratefully received.  Ping me an email if you like and I can show you some of the recent drawings I have done if you are interested.  My website is listed on my profile but I won't be publishing drawings on there until I'm really happy with the results and certainly not without permission.

hucklewooSep 12, 2014 @ 12:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 807 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Be my illustration muse! And in return make a request - photos, English, not DIY...
Post 1

Oh and I should have said this is Geneva-based....

Oh and I should have said this is Geneva-based....

hucklewoo, Sep 12, 2014 @ 13:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Be my illustration muse! And in return make a request - photos, English, not DIY...
Post 2

Hi There!

I'd be interested in this in exchange for a photo shoot. I need a few headshots for an upcoming EP I'm making. My email is [email protected]. Let me know what you think!

Best,

Isobel

Hi There!

I'd be interested in this in exchange for a photo shoot. I need a few headshots for an upcoming EP I'm making. My email is [email protected]. Let me know what you think!

Best,

Isobel

Isobel Lee-Poulton, Oct 2, 2014 @ 12:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

ok, no worries, sounds ike fun and you're on. Where and when? Best - Eva 

ok, no worries, sounds ike fun and you're on. Where and when? Best - Eva 

Eva D, Oct 2, 2014 @ 14:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hello dear Glocal member,

Have you already gather all muses you'd like ? I would be interested by your offer and exchange english conversation and photos.

BR,

N.

Hello dear Glocal member,

Have you already gather all muses you'd like ? I would be interested by your offer and exchange english conversation and photos.

BR,

N.

Nathalie G, Oct 6, 2014 @ 12:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi -  I've had a few people contact me which is great and honestly I think the correct answer is there can never be too many muses.. or at least I'm nowhere near that point yet!  I have been corresponding privately with respondents, will drop you a line.  Thanks!

Hi -  I've had a few people contact me which is great and honestly I think the correct answer is there can never be too many muses.. or at least I'm nowhere near that point yet!  I have been corresponding privately with respondents, will drop you a line.  Thanks!

hucklewoo, Oct 6, 2014 @ 13:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 807 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form