Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Exchange Things > Mon anglais pour votre français/My English for you French

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Mon anglais pour votre français/My English for you French

Hi,

I'm looking for someone I can meet with once per week after work over coffee or beer (preferably beer) to practice speaking french.  I am from the US and could help with your English (grammar, speaking, slang etc.) while you help me with my French.  I have just started learning French, so I am quite terrible, but I am eager to learn.   Ideally we would speak for 45 minutes in English and 45 minutes in French.  Send me a message if you're interested.

Thank you!

Melissa

And via google translate...

Bonjour,

Je voudrais rencontrer une fois par semaine après le travail autour d'un café ou une bière (de préférence de la bière) à la pratique de langue française. Je suis des États-Unis et pourrait aider avec votre anglais (grammaire, expression orale, l'argot, etc) tout en vous m'aider avec mon français. Je viens de commencer l'apprentissage du français, donc je suis assez terrible, mais je suis avide d'apprendre. Idéalement, nous aurions parler pendant 45 minutes en anglais et en 45 minutes en français. Envoyez-moi un message si vous êtes intéressés.

Merci!

Melissa

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

I'm looking for someone I can meet with once per week after work over coffee or beer (preferably beer) to practice speaking french.  I am from the US and could help with your English (grammar, speaking, slang etc.) while you help me with my French.  I have just started learning French, so I am quite terrible, but I am eager to learn.   Ideally we would speak for 45 minutes in English and 45 minutes in French.  Send me a message if you're interested.

Thank you!

Melissa

And via google translate...

Bonjour,

Je voudrais rencontrer une fois par semaine après le travail autour d'un café ou une bière (de préférence de la bière) à la pratique de langue française. Je suis des États-Unis et pourrait aider avec votre anglais (grammaire, expression orale, l'argot, etc) tout en vous m'aider avec mon français. Je viens de commencer l'apprentissage du français, donc je suis assez terrible, mais je suis avide d'apprendre. Idéalement, nous aurions parler pendant 45 minutes en anglais et en 45 minutes en français. Envoyez-moi un message si vous êtes intéressés.

Merci!

Melissa

Melissa SJan 9, 2011 @ 15:33
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1602 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Mon anglais pour votre français/My English for you French
Post 1

What slang can you teach me?

What slang can you teach me?

catalin, Jan 9, 2011 @ 15:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi catalin,

Yeah, I should clarify; I'm not sure if I have enough slang for weekly 45 minute sessions, haha, but because so many people know english so well, it might be more conversational slang.  Although, if there are specific questions, I'm happy to oblige.

cheers,

Melissa

Hi catalin,

Yeah, I should clarify; I'm not sure if I have enough slang for weekly 45 minute sessions, haha, but because so many people know english so well, it might be more conversational slang.  Although, if there are specific questions, I'm happy to oblige.

cheers,

Melissa

Melissa S, Jan 9, 2011 @ 15:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I can't commit on a regular basis but we can have a chat every now and then if you want.

I can't commit on a regular basis but we can have a chat every now and then if you want.

catalin, Jan 9, 2011 @ 20:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Melissa,

I am a French native Speaker, I live in Geneva and I would like to speak English more often to be more confident with it ! It will be a pleasure to teach you my French in exchange !

Let me know if you are interested and if you are in Geneva !

Best,

Diane

Hi Melissa,

I am a French native Speaker, I live in Geneva and I would like to speak English more often to be more confident with it ! It will be a pleasure to teach you my French in exchange !

Let me know if you are interested and if you are in Geneva !

Best,

Diane

lolotte, Jan 28, 2011 @ 10:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1602 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form