Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Exchange Things > My French for your English

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
My French for your English

I'm French and would like to improve my English.

Let's have a English/french talk!

The text you are quoting:

BorealeSep 2, 2011 @ 16:31
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

20 Replies | 1105 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: My French for your English
Post 1

Hi Boreale

I would love to improve my french. The reason is I have to make public address in french on a daily basis very soon. As for english, I was born in the US and spent my early adulthood there. Hope you live around Zurich.

Cheers Chris

Hi Boreale

I would love to improve my french. The reason is I have to make public address in french on a daily basis very soon. As for english, I was born in the US and spent my early adulthood there. Hope you live around Zurich.

Cheers Chris

Chris C, Sep 2, 2011 @ 21:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Zut, I'm in Geneva :(

Zut, I'm in Geneva :(

Boreale, Sep 2, 2011 @ 21:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Sep 2, 11 16:31

in Geneva or St Julien

in Geneva or St Julien

Boreale, Sep 2, 2011 @ 21:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Boreale,

Every Saturday there is a French and English language exchange programme at 16.30 hrs in Maison des Arts de Grütli, Geneva (opposite to Cirque tram station, just before plampalais). Number of native French and English people come and communicate both in English and French. I am not a native Englishman but I speak English, am learning French. If you like you can come there tomorrow. If you do not want to go there, then yes, I would like to learn some French in exchnage of English.

Thank you.

-Vasim.

Hi Boreale,

Every Saturday there is a French and English language exchange programme at 16.30 hrs in Maison des Arts de Grütli, Geneva (opposite to Cirque tram station, just before plampalais). Number of native French and English people come and communicate both in English and French. I am not a native Englishman but I speak English, am learning French. If you like you can come there tomorrow. If you do not want to go there, then yes, I would like to learn some French in exchnage of English.

Thank you.

-Vasim.

Vasim Khan, Sep 2, 2011 @ 22:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Well its not around the corner but I can Make my own airline tickets, so maybe a trip to geneva for a day wouldn't be so bad, I haven't been there in a while. If interested give me a date but can't say if I'll be around, since I'm flying all the time.

Chris

Well its not around the corner but I can Make my own airline tickets, so maybe a trip to geneva for a day wouldn't be so bad, I haven't been there in a while. If interested give me a date but can't say if I'll be around, since I'm flying all the time.

Chris

Chris C, Sep 2, 2011 @ 22:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

To Vasim,

Thanks for this information. I can't join because I will not be in Geneva tomorrow. but next week, is it still possible? Do we need to register?

Otherwise, we can meet for an French/English exchange. What are your availabilities? Do you live in Geneva?

To Vasim,

Thanks for this information. I can't join because I will not be in Geneva tomorrow. but next week, is it still possible? Do we need to register?

Otherwise, we can meet for an French/English exchange. What are your availabilities? Do you live in Geneva?

Boreale, Sep 2, 2011 @ 22:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Boreale,

This language exchange is every week. Don't worry if you cant make it tomorrow, you can join us next week. There is no registration and it is absolutely free. You just have to come 5 minutes before it starts (i.e. at 16.25 hrs) and then they make goups. Each group has 4 to 5 people with atleast one native English speaker and one native French speaker. Then we start talking, it is very friendly and informal.

Otherwise, yes offcourse we can meet for the French-English language exchange, I am available over weekends. I live in Meyrin (I guess you know Meyrin, it is ~15 minutes from Geneva town by tram). 

Thank you.

-Vasim.

Hi Boreale,

This language exchange is every week. Don't worry if you cant make it tomorrow, you can join us next week. There is no registration and it is absolutely free. You just have to come 5 minutes before it starts (i.e. at 16.25 hrs) and then they make goups. Each group has 4 to 5 people with atleast one native English speaker and one native French speaker. Then we start talking, it is very friendly and informal.

Otherwise, yes offcourse we can meet for the French-English language exchange, I am available over weekends. I live in Meyrin (I guess you know Meyrin, it is ~15 minutes from Geneva town by tram). 

Thank you.

-Vasim.

Vasim Khan, Sep 2, 2011 @ 23:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hey Vasim and Boreale,

Boreale I am also really interested in learning French and would also be available in the evenings during the week. I am from the UK so I am a native English speaker. I live just beyond the border near Mouillesulaz.

Also Vasim- I am really interested in going to the language exchange programme but my French is terrible. What is the level like there?

Thanks!

Maya

Hey Vasim and Boreale,

Boreale I am also really interested in learning French and would also be available in the evenings during the week. I am from the UK so I am a native English speaker. I live just beyond the border near Mouillesulaz.

Also Vasim- I am really interested in going to the language exchange programme but my French is terrible. What is the level like there?

Thanks!

Maya

Maya P, Sep 4, 2011 @ 09:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Vassim,

Is there hope for a native speaker of English who has close to no understanding of French? If there is hope then i would be most glad to join and learn.

Vassim,

Is there hope for a native speaker of English who has close to no understanding of French? If there is hope then i would be most glad to join and learn.

john W, Sep 4, 2011 @ 08:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi John,

Yes offcourse, infact there are many native English speakers who come to learn French. I arrived in Geneva a few months ago and did not know a single word of French. I took a basic 3 months course in French before joining this language exchange. However, still I am not confident to talk, though I started to understnd a little bit of French conversation. Give it a go, if you feel you are getting some conversation then you may continue.

Thank you.

-Vasim.

Hi John,

Yes offcourse, infact there are many native English speakers who come to learn French. I arrived in Geneva a few months ago and did not know a single word of French. I took a basic 3 months course in French before joining this language exchange. However, still I am not confident to talk, though I started to understnd a little bit of French conversation. Give it a go, if you feel you are getting some conversation then you may continue.

Thank you.

-Vasim.

Vasim Khan, Sep 4, 2011 @ 11:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi Vasim,

Thanks for this reply. I am in. I will try to make it on 10th but if I don't make I will be in the  following week. Thanks again!

John W

Hi Vasim,

Thanks for this reply. I am in. I will try to make it on 10th but if I don't make I will be in the  following week. Thanks again!

John W

john W, Sep 4, 2011 @ 12:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hi Maya,

Generally people who go there to learn French have a little- very basic idea of French. I took a very basic course in French then started going to this language exchange. So in short, my French is also terrible. However, I go there to listen more French conversation, ask people how to frame sentances and learn more words. You might want to try the same.

Thank you.

-Vasim.

Hi Maya,

Generally people who go there to learn French have a little- very basic idea of French. I took a very basic course in French then started going to this language exchange. So in short, my French is also terrible. However, I go there to listen more French conversation, ask people how to frame sentances and learn more words. You might want to try the same.

Thank you.

-Vasim.

Vasim Khan, Sep 4, 2011 @ 12:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hi Boreale,

If you are still looking for people, I am a native English speaker (US) looking to improve my French. Many years ago I did actually teach English as a Foreign Language.  I travel frequently but feel free to send me a message if you want to meet up some time to practice.

Cheers,

Lara

Hi Boreale,

If you are still looking for people, I am a native English speaker (US) looking to improve my French. Many years ago I did actually teach English as a Foreign Language.  I travel frequently but feel free to send me a message if you want to meet up some time to practice.

Cheers,

Lara

Lara H, Sep 4, 2011 @ 18:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Thanks Vasim for all these indications. I will come this Saturday.

Otherwise I would prefer to meet during the week and during the day.

For people interested for a French-English language exchange with me: please send me a message with your availabilities for a meeting this week and next week.

The place is to define but probably in Geneva city center

Thanks,

Boreale

Thanks Vasim for all these indications. I will come this Saturday.

Otherwise I would prefer to meet during the week and during the day.

For people interested for a French-English language exchange with me: please send me a message with your availabilities for a meeting this week and next week.

The place is to define but probably in Geneva city center

Thanks,

Boreale

Boreale, Sep 6, 2011 @ 12:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Hi Boreale,

I just moved to Geneva a few days ago and am a native English speaker (Australian). I lived in Belgium for a year and have studied French at University, but I still have a lot to learn and make a lot of mistakes with grammar, past and future etc. So I really want to improve my French by talking with a native speaker, and I would be happy to help you improve your English too. I live in Geneva so I can meet you in the city during the week. Maybe we could meet up to practice together during the week and also maybe try visiting this group on Saturday or next Saturday?

Let me know what you think - it would be great to meet you.

Thanks, Sarah

Hi Boreale,

I just moved to Geneva a few days ago and am a native English speaker (Australian). I lived in Belgium for a year and have studied French at University, but I still have a lot to learn and make a lot of mistakes with grammar, past and future etc. So I really want to improve my French by talking with a native speaker, and I would be happy to help you improve your English too. I live in Geneva so I can meet you in the city during the week. Maybe we could meet up to practice together during the week and also maybe try visiting this group on Saturday or next Saturday?

Let me know what you think - it would be great to meet you.

Thanks, Sarah

Sarah Dobinson, Sep 7, 2011 @ 07:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Hi Boreale,

Just got to know that tomorrow is a holiday in Geneva. If you want to meet up for some language exchange tomorrow late afternoon (say @ 1600 or 1700 hrs) in Geneva town centre, let me know.

All others in this discussion are welcome for the same.

Thank you.

-Vasim.

Hi Boreale,

Just got to know that tomorrow is a holiday in Geneva. If you want to meet up for some language exchange tomorrow late afternoon (say @ 1600 or 1700 hrs) in Geneva town centre, let me know.

All others in this discussion are welcome for the same.

Thank you.

-Vasim.

Vasim Khan, Sep 7, 2011 @ 09:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Hi Boreale,

I'd like to take part in the language exchange. I've sent you a message with my availabilities for the weeks coming. Hope we can arrange something.

Cheers,
Tibor

Hi Boreale,

I'd like to take part in the language exchange. I've sent you a message with my availabilities for the weeks coming. Hope we can arrange something.

Cheers,
Tibor

kutyafal, Sep 7, 2011 @ 09:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Who remembers where we are supposed to meet today? I want to come and it seems like i am unable to find the directions on this forum.

John.

Who remembers where we are supposed to meet today? I want to come and it seems like i am unable to find the directions on this forum.

John.

john W, Sep 10, 2011 @ 13:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

For all,

Here is the address: 

Maison des Arts de Grütli, rue du Général-Dufour 16 Geneva 1204

It is opposite to the Cirque tram station.

See you there.

Thanks.

-V

For all,

Here is the address: 

Maison des Arts de Grütli, rue du Général-Dufour 16 Geneva 1204

It is opposite to the Cirque tram station.

See you there.

Thanks.

-V

Vasim Khan, Sep 10, 2011 @ 14:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Hello everyone,

I'm not a native speaker of english neither french but I want to practice my french because is worse than my english  :) so they will start at 16 30 and it's only for 1h or more ? I will come too

Sylwia

Hello everyone,

I'm not a native speaker of english neither french but I want to practice my french because is worse than my english  :) so they will start at 16 30 and it's only for 1h or more ? I will come too

Sylwia

SYLWIA S, Sep 14, 2011 @ 15:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
20 Replies | 1105 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form