Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Exchange Things > My French for your English/Portuguese/German (or even Swiss German)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
My French for your English/Portuguese/German (or even Swiss German)

Hi everyone,

I'm Swiss and would like to improve all these languages... in a informal way, having a drink, laughing (very important Laughing), sharing experiences and well I guess having some common points whould help to really enjoy it (please read my profile before to see if my personnality can match yours) not necessarily on a regular basis (would be good but depends on our agendas, where we work - well at the moment I'm not working Laughing, etc). In Geneva.

I love helping people with their French, explaining and well I've just started giving courses at the UOG (volunteer job) to get some experience as a teacher.

My English is ok but I need to improve it to feel more confident in my future job.

My Portuguese, well, I can understand pretty well and can be understood but 3 months in Brasil are not enough to be super fluent ;) I really need to improve my pronunciation (and well, everything...) but at least I want to keep my level.

My German really needs to be refreshed :-D I never use it and I might need it soon... And well, I would love to understand Swiss German as my dad speaks it but he never spoke it with me... I'm kind of frustrated ;-)

A bientôt peut-être!

Nathalie

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

I'm Swiss and would like to improve all these languages... in a informal way, having a drink, laughing (very important Laughing), sharing experiences and well I guess having some common points whould help to really enjoy it (please read my profile before to see if my personnality can match yours) not necessarily on a regular basis (would be good but depends on our agendas, where we work - well at the moment I'm not working Laughing, etc). In Geneva.

I love helping people with their French, explaining and well I've just started giving courses at the UOG (volunteer job) to get some experience as a teacher.

My English is ok but I need to improve it to feel more confident in my future job.

My Portuguese, well, I can understand pretty well and can be understood but 3 months in Brasil are not enough to be super fluent ;) I really need to improve my pronunciation (and well, everything...) but at least I want to keep my level.

My German really needs to be refreshed :-D I never use it and I might need it soon... And well, I would love to understand Swiss German as my dad speaks it but he never spoke it with me... I'm kind of frustrated ;-)

A bientôt peut-être!

Nathalie

NathalieDec 16, 2010 @ 20:34
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 1138 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: My French for your English/Portuguese/German (or even Swiss German)
Post 1

HI Nathalie

I am interested in doing a English for French Exchange. I will be coming to Geneva in January for an internship and speak little to no French so would

love to gain some conversational skills. I have taught english to students in China and helped them in conducting interviews in English.

Hope to see you soon

HI Nathalie

I am interested in doing a English for French Exchange. I will be coming to Geneva in January for an internship and speak little to no French so would

love to gain some conversational skills. I have taught english to students in China and helped them in conducting interviews in English.

Hope to see you soon

isabella s, Dec 16, 2010 @ 21:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I am American and therefore my English is far more developed than my French.  I would love to learn French since my husband and I live in Ecublens, Switzerland.  Where are you currently living?

I am American and therefore my English is far more developed than my French.  I would love to learn French since my husband and I live in Ecublens, Switzerland.  Where are you currently living?

Jenna M, Jan 10, 2011 @ 14:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Nathalie,

I'm Greek but as I grew up in Germany I consider myself being a German native speaker ;) AND I really need to improve my French. If you are interested just let me know.

Hi Nathalie,

I'm Greek but as I grew up in Germany I consider myself being a German native speaker ;) AND I really need to improve my French. If you are interested just let me know.

Christos M, Jan 10, 2011 @ 18:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Nathalie,

I am an English native speaker and from England! I would love the opportunity to practice my French with you and I can certainly help you with your English. In the past, I taught business English to senior executives.

Hope to hear from you.

Hi Nathalie,

I am an English native speaker and from England! I would love the opportunity to practice my French with you and I can certainly help you with your English. In the past, I taught business English to senior executives.

Hope to hear from you.

Evelyn, Jan 10, 2011 @ 18:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

well I can teach you English, even Italian, but....please please please teach me some French!!!!

well I can teach you English, even Italian, but....please please please teach me some French!!!!

alessandra mancini, Feb 10, 2011 @ 22:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Nathalie,

If you can't find the language exchange you are looking for, I would like to present my activity to you. Coffee, Cake & Conversation to improve or discover the French, German or Swiss German language. If you like other informations about it, you can contact me on my mail, [email protected] or my mobil 079 549 22 11. I live in Versoix. Kind regards,

Elisabeth

Hi Nathalie,

If you can't find the language exchange you are looking for, I would like to present my activity to you. Coffee, Cake & Conversation to improve or discover the French, German or Swiss German language. If you like other informations about it, you can contact me on my mail, [email protected] or my mobil 079 549 22 11. I live in Versoix. Kind regards,

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Raess, Feb 12, 2011 @ 10:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Nathalie,

I'm not sure if you are still interested in Portuguese language.

I moved to Geneva at 6 months ago and I'm Portuguese.

We could exchange your french ( which I need to improve ) by my portuguese or english. I don't live exactly in geneva, but in the french border, prevessin.

Let me know

vitor

Hi Nathalie,

I'm not sure if you are still interested in Portuguese language.

I moved to Geneva at 6 months ago and I'm Portuguese.

We could exchange your french ( which I need to improve ) by my portuguese or english. I don't live exactly in geneva, but in the french border, prevessin.

Let me know

vitor

vitor rios, Mar 6, 2011 @ 14:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Nathalie!

I would love to exchange some experiences with you!

I can help you with my portuguese (mother tongue) and my english and I am sure you can help me with your french!

Some conversations, a lot of laughs and I am sure we will speak much better!

Thanks, let me know if you are still interested.

regards,

Renata

Hi Nathalie!

I would love to exchange some experiences with you!

I can help you with my portuguese (mother tongue) and my english and I am sure you can help me with your french!

Some conversations, a lot of laughs and I am sure we will speak much better!

Thanks, let me know if you are still interested.

regards,

Renata

Renata R, Mar 22, 2011 @ 14:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Nathalie,

I am chilean but have lived in the USA for a long time, therefore English is pretty much my first language. I really need to practice my french which is a bit rusty at the moment. It would be great to meet you and practice together :)

I live in France but go to Geneva quite often.

Let me know if you would like to meet up sometime!

Cheers,

Yisol

Hi Nathalie,

I am chilean but have lived in the USA for a long time, therefore English is pretty much my first language. I really need to practice my french which is a bit rusty at the moment. It would be great to meet you and practice together :)

I live in France but go to Geneva quite often.

Let me know if you would like to meet up sometime!

Cheers,

Yisol

Yisol Y, Mar 22, 2011 @ 16:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hello Im new in Geneva, and I really want to learn French. Can you help me or tell me where I can go to a not to expensive school.

Hello Im new in Geneva, and I really want to learn French. Can you help me or tell me where I can go to a not to expensive school.

Karla Vargas, Mar 22, 2011 @ 17:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi Nathalie,

I'm from Denmark studying in Geneva and would like to improve my french. I speak german (nur hochdeutsch..) and english very well, so let me know if you want to meet!

Aleksander

Hi Nathalie,

I'm from Denmark studying in Geneva and would like to improve my french. I speak german (nur hochdeutsch..) and english very well, so let me know if you want to meet!

Aleksander

Aleksander Koelbel, Mar 22, 2011 @ 18:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hi Karla,

Thanks for your mail. Sorry for the late response, I was on a trip and had no access to my mailbox. I live in Versoix and give individual French lessons or with small groups. The price for one hour is CHF 40.00. If you are interested we can meet and discuss about it without any obligation.

Looking forward hearing from you, best regards,

Elisabeth Raess

Hi Karla,

Thanks for your mail. Sorry for the late response, I was on a trip and had no access to my mailbox. I live in Versoix and give individual French lessons or with small groups. The price for one hour is CHF 40.00. If you are interested we can meet and discuss about it without any obligation.

Looking forward hearing from you, best regards,

Elisabeth Raess

Elisabeth Raess, Mar 26, 2011 @ 11:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 1138 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form