Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Exchange Things > My Swahilee for your Amazonian vernacular

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
My Swahilee for your Amazonian vernacular

I've not been on glocals long but I'm seeing so many post for language swaps.  Folks it's cheesy and that's not the ideal way to learn a language if you haven't a base!  You either get a "qualified tutor" for one to ones, go to classes or get some very good interactive CDs for PC.  Otherwise you can go to http://www.glocals.com/offers/dating-successmatch/ and you're likely to have a much less scatter gun approach and more success, even in the language department.  At least you'll not clutter up the Forum with misguided requests, and if all else fails join one of the many groups, and take part, or even create your own, and/or join the many language classes/courses that exist in Geneva.   

The text you are quoting:

I've not been on glocals long but I'm seeing so many post for language swaps.  Folks it's cheesy and that's not the ideal way to learn a language if you haven't a base!  You either get a "qualified tutor" for one to ones, go to classes or get some very good interactive CDs for PC.  Otherwise you can go to http://www.glocals.com/offers/dating-successmatch/ and you're likely to have a much less scatter gun approach and more success, even in the language department.  At least you'll not clutter up the Forum with misguided requests, and if all else fails join one of the many groups, and take part, or even create your own, and/or join the many language classes/courses that exist in Geneva.   

Maurice HNov 9, 2010 @ 15:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 795 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: My Swahilee for your Amazonian vernacular
Post 1

and this is just a blatant advertising post.... :-(

and this is just a blatant advertising post.... :-(

Karl N, Nov 9, 2010 @ 16:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

...did someone mention sexy Amazons????

...did someone mention sexy Amazons????

Charlie, Nov 9, 2010 @ 16:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Good point Motophan, and if it is you've just piggybacked on that advertising!  Is that what they call "below the line" adversitising then?   Alas, I'm neither a shareholder nor employee of glocals and/or its affiliates and or/partners.  The link in fact is found in the "offers" tab of the Glocals website and given it's was a forum post where we all try to be helpfull and I saved some the trouble of having to click on an icon.  No Charlie the word "sexy" was not mentioned but at least you're not beating around the bush and yet that could be in the Amazon if you like.

Good point Motophan, and if it is you've just piggybacked on that advertising!  Is that what they call "below the line" adversitising then?   Alas, I'm neither a shareholder nor employee of glocals and/or its affiliates and or/partners.  The link in fact is found in the "offers" tab of the Glocals website and given it's was a forum post where we all try to be helpfull and I saved some the trouble of having to click on an icon.  No Charlie the word "sexy" was not mentioned but at least you're not beating around the bush and yet that could be in the Amazon if you like.

Maurice H, Nov 9, 2010 @ 16:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

i know where the link is ive seen it often enough. Personally i think its more helpful to support the members to learn a language via language swaps than via a dating website.. much rather clutter up the forum with that kind of  advert, than with advertising a service thats really not relevant to learning a language.

@ charlie, if it was sexy amazons advertised, im sure there would have been a greater response :)

i know where the link is ive seen it often enough. Personally i think its more helpful to support the members to learn a language via language swaps than via a dating website.. much rather clutter up the forum with that kind of  advert, than with advertising a service thats really not relevant to learning a language.

@ charlie, if it was sexy amazons advertised, im sure there would have been a greater response :)

Karl N, Nov 9, 2010 @ 18:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Yes Moto the response may well have been greater but do you want to take the wrap for false advertising.  Cheers for the banter! 

Yes Moto the response may well have been greater but do you want to take the wrap for false advertising.  Cheers for the banter! 

Maurice H, Nov 9, 2010 @ 18:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 795 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form