Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Exchange Things > My "almost whatever you want" for your piano lessons

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
My "almost whatever you want" for your piano lessons

For the last 10 years I have wanted to learn the piano and so would like to find someone to teach me the basics so I can live my dream of learning to play Billy Joel's "A New York State of Mind".  I don't have a piano or keyboard.

My offer - English lessons, snow boarding lessons, paint your house, mind your kids or whatever.  The "or whatever" is obviously within reason.

Please help if you can...

The text you are quoting:

For the last 10 years I have wanted to learn the piano and so would like to find someone to teach me the basics so I can live my dream of learning to play Billy Joel's "A New York State of Mind".  I don't have a piano or keyboard.

My offer - English lessons, snow boarding lessons, paint your house, mind your kids or whatever.  The "or whatever" is obviously within reason.

Please help if you can...

Clint BNov 25, 2010 @ 19:13
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 1422 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: My "almost whatever you want" for your piano lessons
Post 1

Ha ha, nice posting. Let me know if you are still looking. I think I can probably help.

Laura Anne

Ha ha, nice posting. Let me know if you are still looking. I think I can probably help.

Laura Anne

Laura Anne A, Jan 16, 2011 @ 15:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi,

To learn the piano is also my longtime dream. I have already bought a piano (three years ago... hmm) and somehow could not start learning.

If there's someone who can teach me... I'm a taker. :)

In the meantime wish you to enjoy your end of the week-end.

Zulaa

Hi,

To learn the piano is also my longtime dream. I have already bought a piano (three years ago... hmm) and somehow could not start learning.

If there's someone who can teach me... I'm a taker. :)

In the meantime wish you to enjoy your end of the week-end.

Zulaa

Altanzul S, Jan 16, 2011 @ 16:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Are you offering piano lessons? If so do you teach kids and where and how much?

Cheers sharon

Are you offering piano lessons? If so do you teach kids and where and how much?

Cheers sharon

sharon jay, Mar 6, 2012 @ 13:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hey Clint, Zulaa, welcome to the club ....

Wanted to learn to play the piano for at least 15 years, bought one (an electronical one, but no fancy synthesizer stuff, just real piano sounds, costs only about 500 CHF) and the beginners book to start studying 6 months ago - practised for about 3 days - and since then the pile of stuff on my piano is getting bigger by the day Cry

All it takes is a little, a tiny little self discipline to practise 15, 30 minutes a day.

Well, in my case also the time to free the piano....

So, welcome to my club of "lazy pigs" Wink

(No Clint, fact that you have no Piano is no excuse Cool)

Hey Clint, Zulaa, welcome to the club ....

Wanted to learn to play the piano for at least 15 years, bought one (an electronical one, but no fancy synthesizer stuff, just real piano sounds, costs only about 500 CHF) and the beginners book to start studying 6 months ago - practised for about 3 days - and since then the pile of stuff on my piano is getting bigger by the day Cry

All it takes is a little, a tiny little self discipline to practise 15, 30 minutes a day.

Well, in my case also the time to free the piano....

So, welcome to my club of "lazy pigs" Wink

(No Clint, fact that you have no Piano is no excuse Cool)

Dominik M, Mar 6, 2012 @ 13:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

http://www.resonnance.org/pages/index.php

This Morges-based foundation provides free piano lessons.  Here is a link to a WRS report on the organization.

http://worldradio.ch/wrs/news/switzerland/pianist-elisabeth-sombert-strikes-chord-with-conce.shtml

http://www.resonnance.org/pages/index.php

This Morges-based foundation provides free piano lessons.  Here is a link to a WRS report on the organization.

http://worldradio.ch/wrs/news/switzerland/pianist-elisabeth-sombert-strikes-chord-with-conce.shtml

Translator, Mar 6, 2012 @ 14:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Sharon! I assume from your profile you're Sharon from netball? I play piano (have done since I was 3... got Grade 6 and Grade 5 theory about 10 years ago then stopped lessons) and I'm happy to give your girls some free lessons if you like (would have to be at the weekends though). Do you have a piano/keyboard?

Lucy (from netball!)

Hi Sharon! I assume from your profile you're Sharon from netball? I play piano (have done since I was 3... got Grade 6 and Grade 5 theory about 10 years ago then stopped lessons) and I'm happy to give your girls some free lessons if you like (would have to be at the weekends though). Do you have a piano/keyboard?

Lucy (from netball!)

Lucy R, Mar 18, 2012 @ 11:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi everyone,

Further to this .... I can play, just need a piano!! Anyone looking to sell a keyboard or know where I can get one that actually has weighted keys so I feel like I'm playing a plastic children's toy? Dominik - interested in selling?? :-) Any direction anyone has on where I might be able to find a good quality keyboard - let me know!

Thank you !!

Hi everyone,

Further to this .... I can play, just need a piano!! Anyone looking to sell a keyboard or know where I can get one that actually has weighted keys so I feel like I'm playing a plastic children's toy? Dominik - interested in selling?? :-) Any direction anyone has on where I might be able to find a good quality keyboard - let me know!

Thank you !!

Rebecca H, Mar 18, 2012 @ 11:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Rebecca, don't tempt me ;-P

I will learn to play that thing, it might just take a while ... a few years or so ....

5, 10, 15, who knows. But I will learn it, so, no, not selling....

You can find a good quality keyboard in a music store in Lausanne, at the "Grand Pont". There's a Nespresso store at one end of the "Grand Pont", at the opposite end is the music store. They have all kinds of instruments, and they have very good instruments and staff who knows what they're talking about.

They even have Steinway Pianos..... You should find what you're looking for there.

Rebecca, don't tempt me ;-P

I will learn to play that thing, it might just take a while ... a few years or so ....

5, 10, 15, who knows. But I will learn it, so, no, not selling....

You can find a good quality keyboard in a music store in Lausanne, at the "Grand Pont". There's a Nespresso store at one end of the "Grand Pont", at the opposite end is the music store. They have all kinds of instruments, and they have very good instruments and staff who knows what they're talking about.

They even have Steinway Pianos..... You should find what you're looking for there.

Dominik M, Mar 18, 2012 @ 12:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hey, my name is Yulia, I give piano lessons (I studied 12 years in the conservatory, contact me if youd like ) 0774716750 [email protected]

Hey, my name is Yulia, I give piano lessons (I studied 12 years in the conservatory, contact me if youd like ) 0774716750 [email protected]

Panteleeva Y, Apr 8, 2012 @ 23:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Sorry didnt try as too far away so dont know which language

Sorry didnt try as too far away so dont know which language

sharon jay, Apr 19, 2012 @ 22:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Thanks Yulia, a friend saw this mail and has offered to teach them, just need a keyboard now.

Thanks Yulia, a friend saw this mail and has offered to teach them, just need a keyboard now.

sharon jay, Apr 19, 2012 @ 22:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 1422 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form