Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Exchange Things > your Canon battery charger for...uh...can I pay you to rent it?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
your Canon battery charger for...uh...can I pay you to rent it?

Hi everyone, 

I'm an American grad student in Geneva for three months for an internship and I forgot to bring my camera's battery charger with me. Of course, one month into the internship the camera went dead... :(

I was wondering if there was anyone in Geneva who would let me borrow theirs for a few hours - maybe up to twice over the next six weeks? I can come to you and I don't mind negotiating a reasonable rental fee. 

A few good souls have volunteered at WHO and we realized pretty quickly that Canon is tricky and doesn't standardize their battery packs/chargers across models...grrr.

So I looked everything up and here are the details:

Camera Model: PowerShot SD750 (just a compact point-and-shoot)

Battery Model: NB-4L

Charger Model that came with my camera: CB-2LV

Thank you kindly for your consideration. 

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone, 

I'm an American grad student in Geneva for three months for an internship and I forgot to bring my camera's battery charger with me. Of course, one month into the internship the camera went dead... :(

I was wondering if there was anyone in Geneva who would let me borrow theirs for a few hours - maybe up to twice over the next six weeks? I can come to you and I don't mind negotiating a reasonable rental fee. 

A few good souls have volunteered at WHO and we realized pretty quickly that Canon is tricky and doesn't standardize their battery packs/chargers across models...grrr.

So I looked everything up and here are the details:

Camera Model: PowerShot SD750 (just a compact point-and-shoot)

Battery Model: NB-4L

Charger Model that came with my camera: CB-2LV

Thank you kindly for your consideration. 

Jess R.Jun 26, 2011 @ 17:35
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 892 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: your Canon battery charger for...uh...can I pay you to rent it?
Post 1

Hi Jess, I think I have two of those at home, I will check when I'm back home (I hope I won't forget about it) and if I do you can have it for the postal fee, should fit into a protected envelop I think

Hi Jess, I think I have two of those at home, I will check when I'm back home (I hope I won't forget about it) and if I do you can have it for the postal fee, should fit into a protected envelop I think

Simon S, Jun 27, 2011 @ 13:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Jess,

I'm pretty sure that I have the same one and you are welcome to borrow it. I live in Paquis and will be around this evening and all day tomorrow. Shoot me an email and we can figure out a way to link up.

Cheers,

Leigh

Hi Jess,

I'm pretty sure that I have the same one and you are welcome to borrow it. I live in Paquis and will be around this evening and all day tomorrow. Shoot me an email and we can figure out a way to link up.

Cheers,

Leigh

leigh, Jun 27, 2011 @ 15:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I've got one, but I haven't been able to find an AC adapter that allows me to plug it in here... If you can supply that half of the link... I'll charge yours if you'll charge mine?

Dusty

I've got one, but I haven't been able to find an AC adapter that allows me to plug it in here... If you can supply that half of the link... I'll charge yours if you'll charge mine?

Dusty

Dusty Phillips, Jun 27, 2011 @ 19:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Dear Dusty, Leigh and Simon,

Thank you all very much for your thoughtfulness and generosity. I've only been active on this site for the last few days and I must say, I'm very impressed with the helpfulness others have shown. 

To my surprise, today another colleague at WHO found a charger that actually fit! So we have already made the exchange and I will not be needing to borrow anyone else's. Dusty, if you send me a private message, we can set something up to revive it. 

Many thanks to all of you. 

Best, 

Jessica

Dear Dusty, Leigh and Simon,

Thank you all very much for your thoughtfulness and generosity. I've only been active on this site for the last few days and I must say, I'm very impressed with the helpfulness others have shown. 

To my surprise, today another colleague at WHO found a charger that actually fit! So we have already made the exchange and I will not be needing to borrow anyone else's. Dusty, if you send me a private message, we can set something up to revive it. 

Many thanks to all of you. 

Best, 

Jessica

Jess R., Jun 27, 2011 @ 22:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

@jess it looks like you have found some possible options and that's good, but do be careful. they frequently look the same, and maybe even have the same dimensions and your battery may even fit. but that doesn't mean that the power (watts, amps, volts - i dunno anything about it!) is the same. Take the extra few minutes to really double check that it's not just physically the same, but also has the same specs.

I had a power cable which fit at least three completely different devices (hard disk, iPod speakers and..... something) but the power rating was different and I blew the speakers.

Just, "be careful out there."

@jess it looks like you have found some possible options and that's good, but do be careful. they frequently look the same, and maybe even have the same dimensions and your battery may even fit. but that doesn't mean that the power (watts, amps, volts - i dunno anything about it!) is the same. Take the extra few minutes to really double check that it's not just physically the same, but also has the same specs.

I had a power cable which fit at least three completely different devices (hard disk, iPod speakers and..... something) but the power rating was different and I blew the speakers.

Just, "be careful out there."

Zonker, Jun 27, 2011 @ 23:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

@dusty does the charger have a two pronged plug? That's one of the industry standards for electronic devices. You can get one at MediaMarkt or the like for about 10-15 CHF.

@dusty does the charger have a two pronged plug? That's one of the industry standards for electronic devices. You can get one at MediaMarkt or the like for about 10-15 CHF.

Zonker, Jun 27, 2011 @ 23:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 892 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form