Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Smart TVs / Internet TVs working abroad?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Smart TVs / Internet TVs working abroad?

Does anyone have a UK SmartTV (Internet TV) here? Do the TVs internet apps (BBC Iplayer, Utube, Skype etc) work here? If not, can I fool a TV with a VPN like a computer to get Iplayer?

Are the TV apps pre loaded or chosen by me at set-up? (i could buy a Swiss spec TV but don't want foreign apps).

thanks

The text you are quoting:

Does anyone have a UK SmartTV (Internet TV) here? Do the TVs internet apps (BBC Iplayer, Utube, Skype etc) work here? If not, can I fool a TV with a VPN like a computer to get Iplayer?

Are the TV apps pre loaded or chosen by me at set-up? (i could buy a Swiss spec TV but don't want foreign apps).

thanks

Melissa MOct 16, 2013 @ 23:47
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 4913 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Smart TVs / Internet TVs working abroad?
Post 1

I have an LG SMART TV 102cm smart TV, and there are hundreds of functions.

I also have WIFI, Bluetooth, HDMI from laptop, hyper internet, videos online, streaming TV/videos, youtube, etc.

Also I have downloaded many free apps from their affiliated site, but there are premium applications, but they are the same aps for Samsung.

I highly recommend LG or Samsung because of the screen quality, applications available, and all the kool options.

Sony was great 10 years ago or older, but today for TVs, its LG and Samsung. totally amazing stuff.

Oh, LG and Samsung are really good priced if you compare between Media Market, Steg Electronics, Toppriese.ch, Migros Electronics. But worst prices is FUST and FNAC. Why both start with F?

I have an LG SMART TV 102cm smart TV, and there are hundreds of functions.

I also have WIFI, Bluetooth, HDMI from laptop, hyper internet, videos online, streaming TV/videos, youtube, etc.

Also I have downloaded many free apps from their affiliated site, but there are premium applications, but they are the same aps for Samsung.

I highly recommend LG or Samsung because of the screen quality, applications available, and all the kool options.

Sony was great 10 years ago or older, but today for TVs, its LG and Samsung. totally amazing stuff.

Oh, LG and Samsung are really good priced if you compare between Media Market, Steg Electronics, Toppriese.ch, Migros Electronics. But worst prices is FUST and FNAC. Why both start with F?

Dave G, Oct 16, 2013 @ 23:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

here is the answer you're looking for. sign up wihth www.unblock-us.com. ( $4.99 p/month) they will show you how to use your pc from uk, us, etc. and also-the best part, you can re-set your tv to be a uk tv or us tv etc. with all the uk functions. itv player, iplayer, vod4, etc.just plug in to your LAN router from swisscom etc.

here is the answer you're looking for. sign up wihth www.unblock-us.com. ( $4.99 p/month) they will show you how to use your pc from uk, us, etc. and also-the best part, you can re-set your tv to be a uk tv or us tv etc. with all the uk functions. itv player, iplayer, vod4, etc.just plug in to your LAN router from swisscom etc.

epicure, Oct 17, 2013 @ 07:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

without any VPN I use playon.tv with my Samsung tv, you just need to run this on a connected pc though.

without any VPN I use playon.tv with my Samsung tv, you just need to run this on a connected pc though.

gerald m, Oct 17, 2013 @ 09:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I am using VPN service for watching TV outside UK http://www.vpnanswers.com/watch-bbc-iplayer-outside-uk/  it is perfect solution for bypassing restrictions to access all blocked websites and speed up my internet connection at the same time.

I am using VPN service for watching TV outside UK http://www.vpnanswers.com/watch-bbc-iplayer-outside-uk/  it is perfect solution for bypassing restrictions to access all blocked websites and speed up my internet connection at the same time.

nanni mina, Apr 22, 2015 @ 01:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 4913 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form