Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > 2 year B perimit

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
2 year B perimit

Why do some non EU B permit holders get a 2 year validity? what are the criteria to get a 2 year validity for B permit?

The text you are quoting:

Why do some non EU B permit holders get a 2 year validity? what are the criteria to get a 2 year validity for B permit?

Joshua CAug 30, 2016 @ 10:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 939 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: 2 year B perimit
Post 1

I think it depends on the B permit you have. There are different categories. mine for instance is 2 year because it is family reunification. Though I am not 100% sure of this.

I think it depends on the B permit you have. There are different categories. mine for instance is 2 year because it is family reunification. Though I am not 100% sure of this.

Marcy S, Aug 30, 2016 @ 11:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

A permit is usually granted for one year (initial year) and it may be renewed for two years (subject to some conditions, for example related to the validity of the passort of the applicant). Then, there are some special conditions for students, employees of international organizations, etc. 

A permit is usually granted for one year (initial year) and it may be renewed for two years (subject to some conditions, for example related to the validity of the passort of the applicant). Then, there are some special conditions for students, employees of international organizations, etc. 

Per P, Aug 30, 2016 @ 12:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home/themen/aufenthalt/eu_efta.html

Weblink above will give you all the "official" information you need on permits.  

There are so many varying factors, that each case is different - i.e. are you employed, unemployed, have an offer of work, an existing EU National - this list of variations are endless, but there are basically only four types of permits (L, B, C & G), each one depending on whether you're an EU National or not, and your personal situation.

https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home/themen/aufenthalt/eu_efta.html

Weblink above will give you all the "official" information you need on permits.  

There are so many varying factors, that each case is different - i.e. are you employed, unemployed, have an offer of work, an existing EU National - this list of variations are endless, but there are basically only four types of permits (L, B, C & G), each one depending on whether you're an EU National or not, and your personal situation.

Carolyn C, Aug 31, 2016 @ 17:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

B Permits are normally one year and are almost always automatically renewed, you just need the employer to prepare the forums/attensation that your gainfully employed. 

You could have permit B for years, and after like 5 or 10 years, dont know exactly you can apply for a swiss nationality. 

However, be careful because if the officials find your not paying your taxes, personal bills or bills of a business you own, or your have cause problems in the community, they might hold or deny renewal. That includes unpaid trafic violations, aggressive acts that are documented, domestic violence and swiss partner does not support you and you then have no legal residence, etc. 

so best stay under the radar, pay your bills and avoid any possible problems. Just like any normal citizen in any country or 'Guest'

B Permits are normally one year and are almost always automatically renewed, you just need the employer to prepare the forums/attensation that your gainfully employed. 

You could have permit B for years, and after like 5 or 10 years, dont know exactly you can apply for a swiss nationality. 

However, be careful because if the officials find your not paying your taxes, personal bills or bills of a business you own, or your have cause problems in the community, they might hold or deny renewal. That includes unpaid trafic violations, aggressive acts that are documented, domestic violence and swiss partner does not support you and you then have no legal residence, etc. 

so best stay under the radar, pay your bills and avoid any possible problems. Just like any normal citizen in any country or 'Guest'

Dave G, Aug 31, 2016 @ 19:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 939 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form