Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Hardware store in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hardware store in Geneva?
Hello, I am trying to do some things in my new house e.g. replace the kitchen cabinets and counter... is there a hardware store in Geneva (kind of like Home Depot in America?)
The text you are quoting:
Hello, I am trying to do some things in my new house e.g. replace the kitchen cabinets and counter... is there a hardware store in Geneva (kind of like Home Depot in America?)
falenangelJun 23, 09 18:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 3126 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hardware store in Geneva?
Post 1

http://www.jumbo.ch/standorte.html

http://www.jumbo.ch/standorte.html

Aaron B, Oct 11, 11 13:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

You could think about Ikea - it's the only place I've found other than the bucket and rake-type stores. There's a tiny hardware store - like an ACE - in the Carouge shopping centre.

When I remodeled in the States, I found the Ikea cabinets were about like the in-store Home Depot/Lowes cabinets.

You could think about Ikea - it's the only place I've found other than the bucket and rake-type stores. There's a tiny hardware store - like an ACE - in the Carouge shopping centre.

When I remodeled in the States, I found the Ikea cabinets were about like the in-store Home Depot/Lowes cabinets.

Catherine K, Oct 13, 11 09:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

there's and M Parc next to la praille which would be a good start if you're looking to do some DIY in your house. 

there's and M Parc next to la praille which would be a good start if you're looking to do some DIY in your house. 

G___, Oct 13, 11 10:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

there are none that are "in geneva" per se - the closest ones would be Jumbo in Meyrin (near the airport & the IKEA) and the aformentioned M Parc (and more specifically Migros Bricolage). Ikea will definitely have countertops and cabinets and stuff like that if you're re-doing your kitchen, but they won't have a large selection of tools if you'd like to do the work yourself. Jumbo will have both, M Parc will be a little smaller and have a little less selection.

there are none that are "in geneva" per se - the closest ones would be Jumbo in Meyrin (near the airport & the IKEA) and the aformentioned M Parc (and more specifically Migros Bricolage). Ikea will definitely have countertops and cabinets and stuff like that if you're re-doing your kitchen, but they won't have a large selection of tools if you'd like to do the work yourself. Jumbo will have both, M Parc will be a little smaller and have a little less selection.

Gleb I, Oct 13, 11 11:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

PS - I miss Home Depot ! still have the do it yourself handbook they used to sell in the 90s :)

PS - I miss Home Depot ! still have the do it yourself handbook they used to sell in the 90s :)

Gleb I, Oct 13, 11 11:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Les Quincailleries Edmond Baud

http://www.edmond-baud.ch/

Les Quincailleries Edmond Baud

http://www.edmond-baud.ch/
TogJay, Oct 13, 11 11:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Me too! I used to go to a specific one where everyone was extremely helpful. And I was there at least once a month for various clever projects.

Here, I walked past a hardware store, and even a cordless drill (perhaps a girl's best friend) is 350CHF.

Me too! I used to go to a specific one where everyone was extremely helpful. And I was there at least once a month for various clever projects.

Here, I walked past a hardware store, and even a cordless drill (perhaps a girl's best friend) is 350CHF.

Catherine K, Oct 13, 11 12:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

M-Parc is probably the biggest in Geneva

M-Parc is probably the biggest in Geneva

BounciBaller, Oct 13, 11 14:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hello Angel,

I do quite a lot of DYI myself and as others mentioned, my first place to go is Migros MParc, where you'll find basic tools and you can order wood/particle/countertop wood cut to measure, usually done within one hour.

If it's only for kitchen cabinets and counter, I agree IKEA may be the best time/qualitiy/cost ratio.

Both hardware Edmond Baud in 4 locations (not to be confused with hardware Eugène Baud in Chêne-Bourg) are just a waste of time and money. Every single one of the articles they sell are x3 or x5 the price of everywhere else.

But if you really intend on doing a lot of things yourself, and for cheaper, I would suggest a drive to HORNBACH in Etoy, near Ikea in Aubonne, halfway to Lausanne. That is the closest to Home Depot that I've found here.

1. Migros MPARC
Avenue Vibert 32
Carouge GE

2. HORNBACH
Route de l'Industrie 6
1163 Etoy (VD)

3.IKEA
Geneva or Aubonne

4. BRICORAMA
in France: Cessy(Gex), Annemasse or Thonon

5. JUMBO
Rue des Entreprises 12
1217 Meyrin

6. Coop BRICO
Avenue du Gros Chêne 14
1213 Onex

7. Migros BRICO
Place de la Gare
1225 Chêne-Bourg

http://maps.google.ch/maps?saddr=Gen%C3%A8ve&daddr=46.4758,6.40128+to:46.4760781,6.4169466+to:Route+de+l%27Industrie+6,+1163+Etoy+(VD)&hl=fr&ie=UTF8&ll=46.487993,6.421509&spn=0.119844,0.284271&sll=46.477295,6.416101&sspn=0.014984,0.035534&geocode=FXjuwAIdWLldACnr4tCTBmWMRzE5vAt7NZW2oA%3BFRgqxQIdAK1hACnhkKWYwUeMRzHh-RqB2266DA%3BFS4rxQIdMuphACkzM7Mm8keMRzFNrQ9Zde7LlA%3BFawlxQIdh_NhACnVAfqT80eMRzFKWGr_kmJVpA&vpsrc=6&mra=dpe&mrsp=2&sz=15&via=1,2&t=m&z=12

Hello Angel,

I do quite a lot of DYI myself and as others mentioned, my first place to go is Migros MParc, where you'll find basic tools and you can order wood/particle/countertop wood cut to measure, usually done within one hour.

If it's only for kitchen cabinets and counter, I agree IKEA may be the best time/qualitiy/cost ratio.

Both hardware Edmond Baud in 4 locations (not to be confused with hardware Eugène Baud in Chêne-Bourg) are just a waste of time and money. Every single one of the articles they sell are x3 or x5 the price of everywhere else.

But if you really intend on doing a lot of things yourself, and for cheaper, I would suggest a drive to HORNBACH in Etoy, near Ikea in Aubonne, halfway to Lausanne. That is the closest to Home Depot that I've found here.

1. Migros MPARC
Avenue Vibert 32
Carouge GE

2. HORNBACH
Route de l'Industrie 6
1163 Etoy (VD)

3.IKEA
Geneva or Aubonne

4. BRICORAMA
in France: Cessy(Gex), Annemasse or Thonon

5. JUMBO
Rue des Entreprises 12
1217 Meyrin

6. Coop BRICO
Avenue du Gros Chêne 14
1213 Onex

7. Migros BRICO
Place de la Gare
1225 Chêne-Bourg

http://maps.google.ch/maps?saddr=Gen%C3%A8ve&daddr=46.4758,6.40128+to:46.4760781,6.4169466+to:Route+de+l%27Industrie+6,+1163+Etoy+(VD)&hl=fr&ie=UTF8&ll=46.487993,6.421509&spn=0.119844,0.284271&sll=46.477295,6.416101&sspn=0.014984,0.035534&geocode=FXjuwAIdWLldACnr4tCTBmWMRzE5vAt7NZW2oA%3BFRgqxQIdAK1hACnhkKWYwUeMRzHh-RqB2266DA%3BFS4rxQIdMuphACkzM7Mm8keMRzFNrQ9Zde7LlA%3BFawlxQIdh_NhACnVAfqT80eMRzFKWGr_kmJVpA&vpsrc=6&mra=dpe&mrsp=2&sz=15&via=1,2&t=m&z=12

daleesha, Oct 13, 11 14:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

ahhh Home Depot, (tears in my eyes...)  I would suggest you go to Thoiry where there is a Leroy Merlin, lots of options and I find it cheaper than the jumbos and the hornbachs..... good luck !

ahhh Home Depot, (tears in my eyes...)  I would suggest you go to Thoiry where there is a Leroy Merlin, lots of options and I find it cheaper than the jumbos and the hornbachs..... good luck !

Maria C, Oct 13, 11 15:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Oct 13, 11 15:45

I agree. Leroy Merlin seems to have a better selection of things, as well.

I agree. Leroy Merlin seems to have a better selection of things, as well.

intlrep1, Oct 13, 11 16:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 3126 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form