Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > 9 New Cantons?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
9 New Cantons?

http://www.thelocal.ch/20140909/planning-expert-calls-for-nine-swiss-cantons

Wonder whether this would actually work? probably not in that most CHers are fiercely protective of their local Kanton/Canton and their heritage

What do you all think?

The text you are quoting:

http://www.thelocal.ch/20140909/planning-expert-calls-for-nine-swiss-cantons

Wonder whether this would actually work? probably not in that most CHers are fiercely protective of their local Kanton/Canton and their heritage

What do you all think?

sheila cSep 15, 2014 @ 12:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 810 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: 9 New Cantons?
Post 1

Well I dont think this would work, as we in the area of Basel are preparing for the coming merge of both half cantons, I see lots of people are against this fusion. AG (Kanton Aargau) disappeared totally on the card, I can imagine those people screaming for their heritage. No I dont think it would function. Lets wait and see what will happen on the 28. September 2014, with the BS - BL, though I would love to vote for yes, I still think it will be No. How much more then when out of 27 Cantons 18 disappear.

Wait and see

Well I dont think this would work, as we in the area of Basel are preparing for the coming merge of both half cantons, I see lots of people are against this fusion. AG (Kanton Aargau) disappeared totally on the card, I can imagine those people screaming for their heritage. No I dont think it would function. Lets wait and see what will happen on the 28. September 2014, with the BS - BL, though I would love to vote for yes, I still think it will be No. How much more then when out of 27 Cantons 18 disappear.

Wait and see

Dorothy W, Sep 15, 2014 @ 13:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I think it is jumping the gun. We first have to wait for the results of the Scottiish referendum and if they vote yes and are not admitted to the european Union parts of Scotland might consider applying for cantonal status in CH

I think it is jumping the gun. We first have to wait for the results of the Scottiish referendum and if they vote yes and are not admitted to the european Union parts of Scotland might consider applying for cantonal status in CH

Paul E, Sep 15, 2014 @ 16:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Would one actually want to join the EU again, if given the possibility to do so?  It's such a waste of money.  Hmm...

Would one actually want to join the EU again, if given the possibility to do so?  It's such a waste of money.  Hmm...

JulianT, Sep 15, 2014 @ 16:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Julian - sorry cannot agree.  I have to refer you to a scene in the ^'Life of Brian'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9foi342LXQE

Where just like you the revolutionaries are claiming that the Romans have taken all their money and given nothing in return except for...... aqueducts, sanitation etc etc

Maybe somebody will come up with a list of things that the EU has given us in exchange for the vast sums they spend in Brussels and elsewhere

Julian - sorry cannot agree.  I have to refer you to a scene in the ^'Life of Brian'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9foi342LXQE

Where just like you the revolutionaries are claiming that the Romans have taken all their money and given nothing in return except for...... aqueducts, sanitation etc etc

Maybe somebody will come up with a list of things that the EU has given us in exchange for the vast sums they spend in Brussels and elsewhere

Paul E, Sep 15, 2014 @ 19:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Sep 15, 14 16:09

And possibly campaign for the use of a Schottisch variant of Schweizerdeutsch and maybe even substitute malt for the “coup du millieu” ?

And possibly campaign for the use of a Schottisch variant of Schweizerdeutsch and maybe even substitute malt for the “coup du millieu” ?

Ritchie, Sep 15, 2014 @ 21:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 810 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form