Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Adding a dryer

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Adding a dryer

hi folks! New to Switzerland and apologize if this is a silly question. Our apartment has a washing machine installed but no clothes dryer. We'd like to have one, but I'm not familiar with what sort of infrastructure is necessary-- do I need any plumbing, special holes in the wall to vent outside, etc? Has anyone here successfully added in a dryer and if so was it a difficult processes and will most stores offer installation along with purchase? Thanks for you help!!

The text you are quoting:

hi folks! New to Switzerland and apologize if this is a silly question. Our apartment has a washing machine installed but no clothes dryer. We'd like to have one, but I'm not familiar with what sort of infrastructure is necessary-- do I need any plumbing, special holes in the wall to vent outside, etc? Has anyone here successfully added in a dryer and if so was it a difficult processes and will most stores offer installation along with purchase? Thanks for you help!!

Sarah MNov 8, 2017 @ 11:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 888 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Adding a dryer
Post 1

Over and above the practical issues, you may need permission from your régie or the owner of your apartment so check this before you start any installation.

Best, R.

Over and above the practical issues, you may need permission from your régie or the owner of your apartment so check this before you start any installation.

Best, R.

Ritchie, Nov 8, 2017 @ 11:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the developed world. Here you can easily find ventless dryers (Seche-linge). They condense the humidity and accumulate the water in a small compartment (condenseur) that you empty regularly. All you need is an electrical outlet to plug it in. You can get them in Conforama for as low as 499. For the best prices, look for an LG or Samsung, but you can get Siemens or Bosch for less than 1,000.

I have had a quite economical "Viva" dryer for 10 years and it works perfectly. Back in the US, only whirlpool makes a full-size ventless dryer. Who knows, maybe now that your President is going to make America "great again," you will get ventless dryers, though they will probably be coal-driven.

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the developed world. Here you can easily find ventless dryers (Seche-linge). They condense the humidity and accumulate the water in a small compartment (condenseur) that you empty regularly. All you need is an electrical outlet to plug it in. You can get them in Conforama for as low as 499. For the best prices, look for an LG or Samsung, but you can get Siemens or Bosch for less than 1,000.

I have had a quite economical "Viva" dryer for 10 years and it works perfectly. Back in the US, only whirlpool makes a full-size ventless dryer. Who knows, maybe now that your President is going to make America "great again," you will get ventless dryers, though they will probably be coal-driven.

JR M, Nov 8, 2017 @ 19:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Sarah,

Nov 8, 17 19:49

Loved the last para.

Loved the last para.

Ritchie, Nov 8, 2017 @ 19:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 888 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form