Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Advice on health insurance

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Advice on health insurance

Hi all

I am a UK/EU citizen 22 year old female living in Geneva. Have been here since April as an au pair so have a working permit and residence as au pair. Have moved around a lot due to mismatching with families but am now settled and plan on staying with family for another 8 months (has been 4 already). 

I dont have any Swiss private health insurance ... just an EHIC card. Health insurance is not something I have got round to really. I've been pushed to do it now because I've become very ill with a pre-existing stomach condition and can't keep going back to UK for tests, scans, medicine, appointments etc. I do have a few other health conditions.

Does anyone have any advice as to what insurance is best? How much I may possibly be looking at? Or maybe taking one out in france is better, especially cost wise? My boyfriend lives in Annemasse and I am planning to move in after I finish this job, end of august.

Thank you in advance for any hell

The text you are quoting:

Hi all

I am a UK/EU citizen 22 year old female living in Geneva. Have been here since April as an au pair so have a working permit and residence as au pair. Have moved around a lot due to mismatching with families but am now settled and plan on staying with family for another 8 months (has been 4 already). 

I dont have any Swiss private health insurance ... just an EHIC card. Health insurance is not something I have got round to really. I've been pushed to do it now because I've become very ill with a pre-existing stomach condition and can't keep going back to UK for tests, scans, medicine, appointments etc. I do have a few other health conditions.

Does anyone have any advice as to what insurance is best? How much I may possibly be looking at? Or maybe taking one out in france is better, especially cost wise? My boyfriend lives in Annemasse and I am planning to move in after I finish this job, end of august.

Thank you in advance for any hell

Hannah Jan 5, 2016 @ 21:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1560 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Advice on health insurance
Post 1

Help**!!!

Help**!!!

Hannah , Jan 5, 2016 @ 21:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Insurance in Switzerland is obligatory!

I think all the insurance are good. there are difference in price and franchisa. I have assura and I pay about 400 chf per month, with franchise 300 chf per year and 10 % from the bill. last time I went to a doctor 1 year ago. You have to pay a bill from the doctor and you can recover money after you pay your franchisa. You'll get the money back on your account in 1 month.

Insurance in Switzerland is obligatory!

I think all the insurance are good. there are difference in price and franchisa. I have assura and I pay about 400 chf per month, with franchise 300 chf per year and 10 % from the bill. last time I went to a doctor 1 year ago. You have to pay a bill from the doctor and you can recover money after you pay your franchisa. You'll get the money back on your account in 1 month.

Anna A, Jan 5, 2016 @ 23:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Assura is really good - one of the least expensive (but you indeed pay first, only afterwards get reimbursed -- unless the bill are really high, you may then convene otherwise with Assura), if not the least expensive. What is important is that I know somebody with a serious condition which costed a lot in medication - Assura never complained, and paid directly the recurrent medication bill (CHF 3000) when asked so by the pharmacy.

Paw

Assura is really good - one of the least expensive (but you indeed pay first, only afterwards get reimbursed -- unless the bill are really high, you may then convene otherwise with Assura), if not the least expensive. What is important is that I know somebody with a serious condition which costed a lot in medication - Assura never complained, and paid directly the recurrent medication bill (CHF 3000) when asked so by the pharmacy.

Paw

kruljungli, Jan 6, 2016 @ 00:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

There are several insurance companies that provide health insurance in Switzerland including SWICA, Groupe Mutuel, Helsana, CSS, and Assura just to name a few.  As both Anna and Paw mentioned earlier the premium depends on the franchise/deductible that you are willing to pay.  The basic health insurance is mandatory in Switzerland.  

I work for an insurance brokerage, Symphony Group SA, and we represent all health insurance companeis in Switzerland.  If you need assistance, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Deepak

There are several insurance companies that provide health insurance in Switzerland including SWICA, Groupe Mutuel, Helsana, CSS, and Assura just to name a few.  As both Anna and Paw mentioned earlier the premium depends on the franchise/deductible that you are willing to pay.  The basic health insurance is mandatory in Switzerland.  

I work for an insurance brokerage, Symphony Group SA, and we represent all health insurance companeis in Switzerland.  If you need assistance, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Deepak

Deepak G, Jan 13, 2016 @ 11:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Deepak.

Thanks for the post.

Do you have a email address as I could do with some advice.

Thanks for your time,

Hi Deepak.

Thanks for the post.

Do you have a email address as I could do with some advice.

Thanks for your time,

lee E, Feb 9, 2016 @ 11:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi, anyone else needing help in English on health insurance can also reach out to my family office service. We help with insurance and real estate issues.

all the best,

Charles

T: 078 601 40 90

Hi, anyone else needing help in English on health insurance can also reach out to my family office service. We help with insurance and real estate issues.

all the best,

Charles

T: 078 601 40 90

Myriam G, Mar 24, 2016 @ 15:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1560 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form