Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Aldi/Lidl - are they much cheaper here than Migros/Coop

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Aldi/Lidl - are they much cheaper here than Migros/Coop

hi all,

I'll be moving to Bern at the end of the year. I'm visiting for a couple of days and went into the local Migros to check out the price of groceries. Does anyone shop in Aldi/Lidl here? Are the prices similar to what you'd pay in the UK or just a bit (if anything) cheaper than Migros/Coop here?

Any tips or hints on keeping grocery shopping at a minimum, welcome!

Thanks

The text you are quoting:

hi all,

I'll be moving to Bern at the end of the year. I'm visiting for a couple of days and went into the local Migros to check out the price of groceries. Does anyone shop in Aldi/Lidl here? Are the prices similar to what you'd pay in the UK or just a bit (if anything) cheaper than Migros/Coop here?

Any tips or hints on keeping grocery shopping at a minimum, welcome!

Thanks

Rachel CAug 11, 2017 @ 15:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 143 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Aldi/Lidl - are they much cheaper here than Migros/Coop
Post 1

I live in Vaud and there is an Aldi next to my home; some prices are similar to in the UK but I'd say on the whole they are still slightly more than UK prices, but not a lot. That said, Aldi is probably the cheapest of the supermarkets. Denner and Migros can be cheaper sometimes, and Coop more expensive.

What's expensive really is meat. On certain days they have 'actions' where meat can be reduced, and also you might find that it's cheaper in Asian supermarkets for example.

I don't know Bern but it will at least still be cheaper than Geneva and Zurich I'm sure.

I live in Vaud and there is an Aldi next to my home; some prices are similar to in the UK but I'd say on the whole they are still slightly more than UK prices, but not a lot. That said, Aldi is probably the cheapest of the supermarkets. Denner and Migros can be cheaper sometimes, and Coop more expensive.

What's expensive really is meat. On certain days they have 'actions' where meat can be reduced, and also you might find that it's cheaper in Asian supermarkets for example.

I don't know Bern but it will at least still be cheaper than Geneva and Zurich I'm sure.

Francesca K, Aug 12, 2017 @ 08:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Aldi/Lidl - are they much cheaper here than Migros/Coop
Post 2

Both Aldi and Lidl in Villeneuve, close to where we stay, are very much less expensive than Migros and Co-Op, especially for fruit and vegetables and some meat products.

So if you can find one in Bern located where you will be living, then our advice would be "go for them"!

Both Aldi and Lidl in Villeneuve, close to where we stay, are very much less expensive than Migros and Co-Op, especially for fruit and vegetables and some meat products.

So if you can find one in Bern located where you will be living, then our advice would be "go for them"!

sheila c, Aug 12, 2017 @ 12:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 143 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form