Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Apple Picking (or any fruit pick your own)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Apple Picking (or any fruit pick your own)

Would love to take the family Apple Picking....if any one know some good spots please let me know ( seasonal> apple, grapes, pumpkins etc)....

The text you are quoting:

Would love to take the family Apple Picking....if any one know some good spots please let me know ( seasonal> apple, grapes, pumpkins etc)....

NYCtoGVAOct 11, 2010 @ 10:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 8548 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Apple Picking (or any fruit pick your own)
Post 1

If you have a car, you can try to find apple/walnut trees in the countryside in the triangle Lully/Confignon/Perly.

But according to my experience, Swiss people defend everything that's Swiss - including apples. I once climed with a friend in a cherry tree and we risked to be chased by a farmer with a rifle. My friend actually had already such an "armed" contact because she dared to pick some daffodils...

I know that collecting walnuts is tolerated but apples and grapes etc. are not.

If you have a car, you can try to find apple/walnut trees in the countryside in the triangle Lully/Confignon/Perly.

But according to my experience, Swiss people defend everything that's Swiss - including apples. I once climed with a friend in a cherry tree and we risked to be chased by a farmer with a rifle. My friend actually had already such an "armed" contact because she dared to pick some daffodils...

I know that collecting walnuts is tolerated but apples and grapes etc. are not.

just_me, Oct 11, 2010 @ 10:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Perhaps I should clarify...Pick Your Own.....Im not looking to jump a fence and pick apples without permission...Im very positive, intolerance for this type of behavior is not just a Swiss Thing...were im from its called trespassing and theft (both crimes)…….

Im looking for farms were individuals, harvesting their own fruit is officially sanctioned and the owners are adequately compensated….

We found a great spot this summer for strawberries, blackberries and raspberries…..and looking for the same experience this fall….

Any locations and clues would be great…..

Perhaps I should clarify...Pick Your Own.....Im not looking to jump a fence and pick apples without permission...Im very positive, intolerance for this type of behavior is not just a Swiss Thing...were im from its called trespassing and theft (both crimes)…….

Im looking for farms were individuals, harvesting their own fruit is officially sanctioned and the owners are adequately compensated….

We found a great spot this summer for strawberries, blackberries and raspberries…..and looking for the same experience this fall….

NYCtoGVA, Oct 11, 2010 @ 10:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Where do you live?

Where do you live?

Kanika Lakhwani, Oct 12, 2010 @ 00:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

In nearby France, in Esery, near Salève, there is a farm where you can pick your own fruits and vegies.

http://www.fermedes4saisons.com/

enjoy!

In nearby France, in Esery, near Salève, there is a farm where you can pick your own fruits and vegies.

http://www.fermedes4saisons.com/

enjoy!

hay_, Oct 12, 2010 @ 07:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I guess there was a misunderstanding. I didn't speak of theft - I only wanted to point out that in contrast to other countries, it's not common in CH to pick fruits from trees growing along the road or in the middle of a meadow.

Here are 3 sites that correspond to what you are looking for:

Meyrin: www.lafraisiere.ch

Meyrin: http://www.cueillettes.org

www.fermedemerlinge.ch

I guess there was a misunderstanding. I didn't speak of theft - I only wanted to point out that in contrast to other countries, it's not common in CH to pick fruits from trees growing along the road or in the middle of a meadow.

Here are 3 sites that correspond to what you are looking for:

Meyrin: www.lafraisiere.ch

Meyrin: http://www.cueillettes.org

www.fermedemerlinge.ch

just_me, Oct 12, 2010 @ 11:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

thanks all for the great infoSmile

thanks all for the great infoSmile

NYCtoGVA, Oct 23, 2010 @ 08:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Oct 11, 10 10:55

Hi NYCtoGVA,

I was looking for a strawberry farm too this summer. Please share the details of the place you visited.

Thanks,

Suleman

Hi NYCtoGVA,

I was looking for a strawberry farm too this summer. Please share the details of the place you visited.

Thanks,

Suleman

Suleman Shah, Oct 23, 2010 @ 12:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

what is the general "rule of thumb"with fruit trees along the road? Are we allowed to pick the fruit if there are no fences by the trees? I often see people loading their cars/baskets/plastic bags when out walking the dog, but not too sure whether they get the permission or not, would looove to pick a few apples and plums along the way but don't feel like getting a shotgun shoved up my nose! Still a newbie in CH and trying to do things without the fines ;)

what is the general "rule of thumb"with fruit trees along the road? Are we allowed to pick the fruit if there are no fences by the trees? I often see people loading their cars/baskets/plastic bags when out walking the dog, but not too sure whether they get the permission or not, would looove to pick a few apples and plums along the way but don't feel like getting a shotgun shoved up my nose! Still a newbie in CH and trying to do things without the fines ;)

Gina A, Aug 28, 2014 @ 09:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Aug 28, 14 09:38

The rule of thumbs is, that trees along the road belong to someone. If you take stuff from other people without their prior permission, you are stealing.

It makes no difference, if there is a fence or not.

If you want to pick your own, just ask the owner/farmer in your vincinity. They usually know best who owns what.

The rule of thumbs is, that trees along the road belong to someone. If you take stuff from other people without their prior permission, you are stealing.

It makes no difference, if there is a fence or not.

If you want to pick your own, just ask the owner/farmer in your vincinity. They usually know best who owns what.

Alan S, Aug 28, 2014 @ 14:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Good spot: rue de Rive 4

Good spot: rue de Rive 4

Casuistik, Aug 28, 2014 @ 15:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

try this one http://www.lafraisiere.ch/

We visited this place and my daughter enjoyed picking some raspberries and etc.

hope it helps!

try this one http://www.lafraisiere.ch/

We visited this place and my daughter enjoyed picking some raspberries and etc.

hope it helps!

Anna Pearl, Aug 28, 2014 @ 16:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

In meyrin there is strawberry farm there

In meyrin there is strawberry farm there

Darlene Anacleto, Jun 24, 2016 @ 13:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 8548 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form