Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Attestation or no?!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Attestation or no?!

Hi,

My husband & I just moved to Geneva a week ago. I've tried my very best to figure out all the admin/legal stuff but seem to get such conflicting answers.

He has a B permit which has arrived from his employers. They are supposedly also sending me a B permit to arrive by the end of the month (which doesn't make sense to me as they dont employ me but apparently this is their MO for spouses)

Everywhere I've looked it talks about getting an attestation from the Cantonal Office for Population. However his HR department said that with the 'registration they'd done on our behalf (by which they seem to mean the permits) we don't need to do this.

But then the company doing our customs clearence & our health insurance company have both asked for it in addition to the B permit copies I've already sent. Our relocation advisers tells me she 'doesn't know what I'm talking about' (her answer to most things!!)

Totally bewildered, don't want to get into trouble for missing deadlines but don't want to waste a day of my husband's precious holiday if it turns out we don't need to.

Any advice? Thanks :)

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

My husband & I just moved to Geneva a week ago. I've tried my very best to figure out all the admin/legal stuff but seem to get such conflicting answers.

He has a B permit which has arrived from his employers. They are supposedly also sending me a B permit to arrive by the end of the month (which doesn't make sense to me as they dont employ me but apparently this is their MO for spouses)

Everywhere I've looked it talks about getting an attestation from the Cantonal Office for Population. However his HR department said that with the 'registration they'd done on our behalf (by which they seem to mean the permits) we don't need to do this.

But then the company doing our customs clearence & our health insurance company have both asked for it in addition to the B permit copies I've already sent. Our relocation advisers tells me she 'doesn't know what I'm talking about' (her answer to most things!!)

Totally bewildered, don't want to get into trouble for missing deadlines but don't want to waste a day of my husband's precious holiday if it turns out we don't need to.

Any advice? Thanks :)

Rosie WrightAug 14, 2017 @ 14:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1063 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Attestation or no?!
Post 1

If I were you, I would ask the HR department of your husband's company of a copy of the application they sent ont your behalf. It might be that you are entitled to a B permit as a spouse (I don't know your personal situation). If they requested such B permit for you, you should be fine and you would probably not need any additional document from the immigration office.

If I were you, I would ask the HR department of your husband's company of a copy of the application they sent ont your behalf. It might be that you are entitled to a B permit as a spouse (I don't know your personal situation). If they requested such B permit for you, you should be fine and you would probably not need any additional document from the immigration office.

Per P, Aug 25, 2017 @ 17:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Attestation or no?!
Post 2

If the employer filed an application for a B permit, they should be able to obtain an attestation from the immigration authority that you have filed an application (may be useful for some authorities, for obtaining a VAT exemption on the household goods, for signing a lease, etc.).

If the employer filed an application for a B permit, they should be able to obtain an attestation from the immigration authority that you have filed an application (may be useful for some authorities, for obtaining a VAT exemption on the household goods, for signing a lease, etc.).

Per P, Aug 25, 2017 @ 17:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1063 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form