Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Autorisation de travail!!!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Autorisation de travail!!!

Hello,

I have a recurrent question initiated from a friendly debate, i hope you guys could help me get to the bottom of it.

I want to know if presently it is allowed for holders of student permit B with the nationality from a third country (so no EU nor EFTA) to work in Geneva (up to 15 hours per week) after the first 6 months of being here.

If yes, what would it be the procedure?

Thank you!

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I have a recurrent question initiated from a friendly debate, i hope you guys could help me get to the bottom of it.

I want to know if presently it is allowed for holders of student permit B with the nationality from a third country (so no EU nor EFTA) to work in Geneva (up to 15 hours per week) after the first 6 months of being here.

Thank you!

hermi hasaMay 27, 2016 @ 23:11
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1117 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Autorisation de travail!!!
Post 1

Hi Hermi, 

I have no idea, so it's probably best to wait until someone who actually knows what they're saying responds to your post Smile

I did find this interesting site though: http://www.expatica.com/ch/visas-and-permits/Moving-to-Switzerland-Swiss-visas-and-permits_107631.html

This is what it says: "If you hold a Swiss B, C or L permit (see below), you do not need a Schengen visa as long as you travel with a valid passport or travel ID document and your residence permit. If you wish to work during the time you’re in Switzerland you will need a work permit".

Besto of luck! Laughing

Hi Hermi, 

I have no idea, so it's probably best to wait until someone who actually knows what they're saying responds to your post Smile

I did find this interesting site though: http://www.expatica.com/ch/visas-and-permits/Moving-to-Switzerland-Swiss-visas-and-permits_107631.html

This is what it says: "If you hold a Swiss B, C or L permit (see below), you do not need a Schengen visa as long as you travel with a valid passport or travel ID document and your residence permit. If you wish to work during the time you’re in Switzerland you will need a work permit".

Besto of luck! Laughing

Claudia P, May 28, 2016 @ 16:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Hermi, 

Besto of luck! Laughing

May 28, 16 16:41

That is not exactly correct. The permit (B) allows you to work. You do not need an additional work permit.

That is not exactly correct. The permit (B) allows you to work. You do not need an additional work permit.

Reka Y, May 28, 2016 @ 16:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello,

Thank you!

May 27, 16 23:11

http://www.studyinginswitzerland.ch/immigration-and-visa.htm

Non-EU/EFTA countries:

Citizens from non-EU/EFTA countries are subject to certain restrictions in their access to the Swiss labor market. Only a limited number of highly qualified professionals are admitted and issued a work permit.

Part-time employment for students:

Non-EU/EFTA citizens studying in Switzerland are permitted to accept part-time employment for a maximum of 15 hours per week, but only after residing in Switzerland for a minimum of 6 months. Students must maintain full-time student status and show regular progress in their studies.
Exemption: Master students with a Bachelor degree from a university abroad working for their Swiss university/institute do not have to wait 6 month.

Short- and long-term employment:

Third country nationals who earn a degree from a university in Switzerland may stay in the country for up to six months after graduation to seek full, permanent employment.
Non-EU/EFTA citizens must acquire a work permit before beginning their job. In general, the employer submits an application to the relevant authority of the canton where the prospective employee will be working. The application process can take up to several weeks.
Candidates who receive a degree from a university in Switzerland will be granted facilitated admission to the Swiss labor market. Employers will still have to show proof that the candidate is of economic and scientific interest to the Swiss labor market.

http://www.studyinginswitzerland.ch/immigration-and-visa.htm

Non-EU/EFTA countries:

Citizens from non-EU/EFTA countries are subject to certain restrictions in their access to the Swiss labor market. Only a limited number of highly qualified professionals are admitted and issued a work permit.

Part-time employment for students:

Non-EU/EFTA citizens studying in Switzerland are permitted to accept part-time employment for a maximum of 15 hours per week, but only after residing in Switzerland for a minimum of 6 months. Students must maintain full-time student status and show regular progress in their studies.
Exemption: Master students with a Bachelor degree from a university abroad working for their Swiss university/institute do not have to wait 6 month.

Short- and long-term employment:

Third country nationals who earn a degree from a university in Switzerland may stay in the country for up to six months after graduation to seek full, permanent employment.
Non-EU/EFTA citizens must acquire a work permit before beginning their job. In general, the employer submits an application to the relevant authority of the canton where the prospective employee will be working. The application process can take up to several weeks.
Candidates who receive a degree from a university in Switzerland will be granted facilitated admission to the Swiss labor market. Employers will still have to show proof that the candidate is of economic and scientific interest to the Swiss labor market.

Reka Y, May 28, 2016 @ 16:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1117 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form