Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Awful news

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Awful news

Apparently, for whatever reason, the co-pilot of the crashed Germanwings 'plane locked the pilot out and deliberately crashed the machine. Whether or not we shall ever know why, remains to be seen. Must be unbelieveable for the grief-stricken relatives.

The text you are quoting:

Apparently, for whatever reason, the co-pilot of the crashed Germanwings 'plane locked the pilot out and deliberately crashed the machine. Whether or not we shall ever know why, remains to be seen. Must be unbelieveable for the grief-stricken relatives.

sheila cMar 26, 2015 @ 13:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1172 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Awful news
Post 1

Really sad. You just never know what goes on in people's heads. To kill yourself and take 150 down with you?! I feel for the families of the lost ones. 

Really sad. You just never know what goes on in people's heads. To kill yourself and take 150 down with you?! I feel for the families of the lost ones. 

Janet G, Mar 26, 2015 @ 13:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Mar 26, 15 13:26

Including those of the coi-pilot.

Including those of the coi-pilot.

Ritchie, Mar 26, 2015 @ 14:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Sheila, whilst I agree with your sentiments, I don;t beleive this is an official explanation as the voice recordings haven't been revealed as far as I know. 

Sheila, whilst I agree with your sentiments, I don;t beleive this is an official explanation as the voice recordings haven't been revealed as far as I know. 

Jeffery S, Mar 26, 2015 @ 16:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Point taken J

but this from the BBC website [so it must be correct]!!!Innocent

Key Points

The co-pilot of a Germanwings jet that went down in the Alps appears to have crashed the plane deliberately, a French prosecutor says
 He has been identified as Andreas Lubitz, a 28-year-old German citizen
 Analysis of the flight recorder shows the pilot had been locked out of the cockpit and was calling on the co-pilot to let him back in
 Passengers were not aware of the impending crash 'until the very last moment', the prosecutor said
 All 150 people on board flight 4U 9525 were killed when the Airbus A320 smashed into a mountainside

Point taken J

but this from the BBC website [so it must be correct]!!!Innocent

Key Points

The co-pilot of a Germanwings jet that went down in the Alps appears to have crashed the plane deliberately, a French prosecutor says
 He has been identified as Andreas Lubitz, a 28-year-old German citizen
 Analysis of the flight recorder shows the pilot had been locked out of the cockpit and was calling on the co-pilot to let him back in
 Passengers were not aware of the impending crash 'until the very last moment', the prosecutor said
 All 150 people on board flight 4U 9525 were killed when the Airbus A320 smashed into a mountainside

sheila c, Mar 26, 2015 @ 16:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Irony of the whole episod is that his parents had also travelled with other relatives of this "Accident"  and were there when this news hit. One mans actions have impacted lots of lives and forever changed for all those travelling on the flight and their loved ones. 

Irony of the whole episod is that his parents had also travelled with other relatives of this "Accident"  and were there when this news hit. One mans actions have impacted lots of lives and forever changed for all those travelling on the flight and their loved ones. 

V N, Mar 26, 2015 @ 19:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

R.I.P. to everone in this terrible crash.

Fassungslos - and my close friends will understand this words.

We are in France tomorrow.......

R.I.P. to everone in this terrible crash.

Fassungslos - and my close friends will understand this words.

We are in France tomorrow.......

SWISS, Mar 26, 2015 @ 20:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Mar 26, 15 19:25

Correct. And apparently for their own safety, have now been separated from the rest of the grieving families.

Absolutely : fassungslos

Correct. And apparently for their own safety, have now been separated from the rest of the grieving families.

Absolutely : fassungslos

sheila c, Mar 26, 2015 @ 20:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I'm not so sure that this is what happened.

I'm not so sure that this is what happened.

Beatrice M, Jun 3, 2015 @ 12:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1172 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form