Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Best dating website

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Best dating website

Hi everybody, we used to see a lot of adverts for dating website on TV.... Some one can tell me which is the best one?

THanxxxx!

The text you are quoting:

Hi everybody, we used to see a lot of adverts for dating website on TV.... Some one can tell me which is the best one?

THanxxxx!

Sofia DJun 12, 2013 @ 13:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

56 Replies | 31668 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Best dating website
Post 1

I've always used badoo but I can't say if it's better or not. Once was totally free but is also one of the most famous.

Be aware that psycos (of both sexes) are pullulating these kind of website so be careful.. and then you have fun ;-)

I've always used badoo but I can't say if it's better or not. Once was totally free but is also one of the most famous.

Be aware that psycos (of both sexes) are pullulating these kind of website so be careful.. and then you have fun ;-)

Laura C, Jun 12, 2013 @ 13:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

there's a lot...

badoo is ok, met some interesting women on there (just to chat)

Swissfriends is more known about Switzerland, but not free, and you've also have celibataire.ch (trying this one right now)

Agree about psycos but  also about fake profiles.  

there's a lot...

badoo is ok, met some interesting women on there (just to chat)

Swissfriends is more known about Switzerland, but not free, and you've also have celibataire.ch (trying this one right now)

Agree about psycos but  also about fake profiles.  

bertrand hubert r, Jun 12, 2013 @ 14:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

of course, there is the non-dating website called GLOCALS.

very safe, and most women will allow whatever you propose because, after all, it's glocals and NOT a dating site. great strategy oded & nir !!

very safe, and most women will allow whatever you propose because, after all, it's glocals and NOT a dating site. great strategy oded & nir !!

epicure, Jun 12, 2013 @ 14:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

There are plenty of free dating sites but in Switzerland those I know are in German. There are also Swisstalk or Citychat where you can just chat or meet friends or discussion groups.

There are plently

And of course there are those you can get thru invitation from friends, they are also free, but I wont write their name here as one gets free points when you bring them a new client, still they are free.

There are plenty of free dating sites but in Switzerland those I know are in German. There are also Swisstalk or Citychat where you can just chat or meet friends or discussion groups.

There are plently

And of course there are those you can get thru invitation from friends, they are also free, but I wont write their name here as one gets free points when you bring them a new client, still they are free.

Dorothy W, Jun 12, 2013 @ 18:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Sofia, as epicure pointed out, you sound a little bit like somebody who would be in Italy and ask: "by the way, whch is the best country for eating pasta?" ;-)

Sofia, as epicure pointed out, you sound a little bit like somebody who would be in Italy and ask: "by the way, whch is the best country for eating pasta?" ;-)

Bustan_A, Jun 12, 2013 @ 19:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

@epicure - you beat me to it Cool ...not that I would know...I just heard a rumour.

@epicure - you beat me to it Cool ...not that I would know...I just heard a rumour.

Tea B, Jun 12, 2013 @ 19:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

This one works for me:

http://www.meet-an-inmate.com/

The women are tough, not too needy and the beauty is that depending on their sentence, you can always just break it off with absolutely no blow back.

Who could ask for more?

This one works for me:

http://www.meet-an-inmate.com/

The women are tough, not too needy and the beauty is that depending on their sentence, you can always just break it off with absolutely no blow back.

Who could ask for more?

Max B, Jun 13, 2013 @ 10:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Parship 

Dating with a scientific approach - finding "the perfect match" through online psychometric testing.

Parship 

Dating with a scientific approach - finding "the perfect match" through online psychometric testing.

hassel lee, Jun 13, 2013 @ 11:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

I meet fun people on okcupid.com, good filtering options and very little hassle.

Good to read this before you choose your site(s):
http://www.columbia.edu/~jhb2147/why-you-should-never-pay-for-online-dating.html

I meet fun people on okcupid.com, good filtering options and very little hassle.

Good to read this before you choose your site(s):
http://www.columbia.edu/~jhb2147/why-you-should-never-pay-for-online-dating.html

Jimmy Rosen, Jun 13, 2013 @ 11:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Parship 

Jun 13, 13 11:20

Nah Hassel, forget all that fancy pants science stuff. Jailbirds is what you need.

Nah Hassel, forget all that fancy pants science stuff. Jailbirds is what you need.

Max B, Jun 13, 2013 @ 11:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Thank you everybody for your replies!

Thank you everybody for your replies!

Sofia D, Jun 13, 2013 @ 12:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

I've used okcupid in the past.  It's the best site design in the industry.

On the other hand, there are a ton of stale, dormant profiles since it costs nothing to keep them up.  There are also many people on there who are active but are not serious about meeting someone.  Apparently they aren't getting a satisfactory ego fix from social networking sites.  A person's credit card being hit for $40/month is a good sign that they are taking the online dating process seriously; okcupid's business model does not provide this "filter".

I've used okcupid in the past.  It's the best site design in the industry.

On the other hand, there are a ton of stale, dormant profiles since it costs nothing to keep them up.  There are also many people on there who are active but are not serious about meeting someone.  Apparently they aren't getting a satisfactory ego fix from social networking sites.  A person's credit card being hit for $40/month is a good sign that they are taking the online dating process seriously; okcupid's business model does not provide this "filter".

richardm, Jun 13, 2013 @ 13:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

I know quiet a few people that have met valid people on http://fr.meetic.ch/ and www.adopteunmec.com.

Watch out for scammers usually from Nigeria (sorry dont mean to sound raciest) that claim to have fallen madly in love with you in the 1st email and then ask for money, its good to check where the ip address of their email comes from 1st.

I know quiet a few people that have met valid people on http://fr.meetic.ch/ and www.adopteunmec.com.

Watch out for scammers usually from Nigeria (sorry dont mean to sound raciest) that claim to have fallen madly in love with you in the 1st email and then ask for money, its good to check where the ip address of their email comes from 1st.

Oonagh, Jun 13, 2013 @ 16:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

@SofiaD - Dont waste your time on the web...get your dancing shoes on girl & get yrself over to shakers!  Cool

@SofiaD - Dont waste your time on the web...get your dancing shoes on girl & get yrself over to shakers!  Cool

Tea B, Jun 13, 2013 @ 21:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Jun 13, 13 11:30

I am suggesting a decent site. Otherwise, there are too many options such as

Muddy Matches

If you’re partial to the country life, then this rural online dating Site for Single farmers, rural singles, equestrian singles and country friends could be the place for you.

I am suggesting a decent site. Otherwise, there are too many options such as

Muddy Matches

If you’re partial to the country life, then this rural online dating Site for Single farmers, rural singles, equestrian singles and country friends could be the place for you.

hassel lee, Jun 14, 2013 @ 09:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Hard to say, I was member in many popular main stream sites from adult friend finder, ashley madision, okCupid, pof etc, without too much luck until discovered crew which 'monitor' and 'use' less know adult dating sites targeting people who are just looking online opposite or same sex partners to get some 'fun', so maybe you got lucky too, more details here:

http://catch-women.com/2012/10/get-sex-site.html

Hard to say, I was member in many popular main stream sites from adult friend finder, ashley madision, okCupid, pof etc, without too much luck until discovered crew which 'monitor' and 'use' less know adult dating sites targeting people who are just looking online opposite or same sex partners to get some 'fun', so maybe you got lucky too, more details here:

Stef A, Aug 9, 2013 @ 11:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

www.glocals.com Wink

Nir sorry for that.

www.glocals.com Wink

Nir sorry for that.

Tryky, Aug 9, 2013 @ 13:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Aug 9, 13 11:22

Thanks, site is interesting and useful... I am on plenty of Fish because it is free, but never meet in real life someone from POF

Thanks, site is interesting and useful... I am on plenty of Fish because it is free, but never meet in real life someone from POF

Jerry Man, Aug 14, 2013 @ 14:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Aug 9, 13 11:22

Sorry to say but i would everyone to avoid sites from adult findee. This site does not give useful suggestion, their sucks. Do not mind i don't mean to hurt you, this is just a suggestion.

Sorry to say but i would everyone to avoid sites from adult findee. This site does not give useful suggestion, their sucks. Do not mind i don't mean to hurt you, this is just a suggestion.

hassel lee, Aug 15, 2013 @ 10:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Parship 

Jun 13, 13 11:20

Parship is good in Germany and Austria, but in Switzerland they have not built a sufficient base of contacts to be taken seriously and paid for, especially not in a French speaking part.

Parship is good in Germany and Austria, but in Switzerland they have not built a sufficient base of contacts to be taken seriously and paid for, especially not in a French speaking part.

Julia E, Aug 15, 2013 @ 11:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Aug 15, 13 11:46

Whenever I see parship I always read it as "parsnip" and can barely keep a straight face.

Whenever I see parship I always read it as "parsnip" and can barely keep a straight face.

Lart U, Aug 15, 2013 @ 13:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

@ epicure, Bustan_A and Tryky

shame on you guys ... glocals is not intended for that, and Sofia is a ... good girl..., I'm certain, and she'd never do what you suggest !

Innocent 

shame on you guys ... glocals is not intended for that, and Sofia is a ... good girl..., I'm certain, and she'd never do what you suggest !

Innocent 

Dominik M, Aug 15, 2013 @ 18:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Jun 12, 13 14:44

Hi,

Reading this from epicure, I remember some time ago in the Glocals forum - a thread started by a very good looking lady who was complaining that some men were hitting on her and treating Glocals as a dating website. I think she was from Zurich, I tried to find the thread but can't see it now.

It did - as I remember - stir up quite a debate.

Sofia: good luck!

Hi,

Reading this from epicure, I remember some time ago in the Glocals forum - a thread started by a very good looking lady who was complaining that some men were hitting on her and treating Glocals as a dating website. I think she was from Zurich, I tried to find the thread but can't see it now.

Zoe Harvey, Aug 17, 2013 @ 22:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

Hi,

Aug 17, 13 22:23

What's most entertaining are the protests from other women in the vein of "the lady doth protest too much" telling them to shut the hell up.  Happens every time...

What's most entertaining are the protests from other women in the vein of "the lady doth protest too much" telling them to shut the hell up.  Happens every time...

richardm, Aug 17, 2013 @ 22:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

Aug 17, 13 22:32

I remember that too.  Cringeworthy. Just tried to find the thread, as it was quite entertaining, if overly long.

I remember that too.  Cringeworthy. Just tried to find the thread, as it was quite entertaining, if overly long.

Zoe Harvey, Aug 18, 2013 @ 12:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

Innocent 

Aug 15, 13 18:33

Sorry buddy but i have seen lot of people here who will not care what you said. Some people like to make fun of others.Frown

Sorry buddy but i have seen lot of people here who will not care what you said. Some people like to make fun of others.Frown

hassel lee, Aug 19, 2013 @ 12:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

Hi,

Aug 17, 13 22:23

Yeah i do remember that but i do think it is not the same you have mentioned. I think it is some kind of similar that a girl was complaining about men chasing her on glocal. But i remember that it was not related to the dating.

Yeah i do remember that but i do think it is not the same you have mentioned. I think it is some kind of similar that a girl was complaining about men chasing her on glocal. But i remember that it was not related to the dating.

hassel lee, Aug 19, 2013 @ 13:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

Aug 19, 13 12:59

you need to read between the lines.

still not clear ? Send private message then...

you need to read between the lines.

still not clear ? Send private message then...

Dominik M, Aug 19, 2013 @ 13:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

Plenty of fish (no joke)

ww.pof.com

Haven't tried it but heard good things..

Good luck and be safe!

Plenty of fish (no joke)

ww.pof.com

Haven't tried it but heard good things..

Good luck and be safe!

hollie33, Aug 19, 2013 @ 14:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

I'm not sure about *pof*. It doesn't work for me. I can register but that's all.

I'm not sure about *pof*. It doesn't work for me. I can register but that's all.

bertrand hubert r, Aug 19, 2013 @ 14:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31

According to a recent BBC TV report, the majority of dating websites, use fake pictures and false id's to lure prospective paying clients to their sites. They also operate their own chat rooms, with their own staff to pretend they are active site users. once youve paid your money , you hear no more from them, until you have to pay again that is. :-(

According to a recent BBC TV report, the majority of dating websites, use fake pictures and false id's to lure prospective paying clients to their sites. They also operate their own chat rooms, with their own staff to pretend they are active site users. once youve paid your money , you hear no more from them, until you have to pay again that is. :-(

Karl N, Aug 19, 2013 @ 16:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

Yes. I think as Karl says many of them are fake profiles, or at least lots of the information people put up are not quite honest. I'm the only idiot who put up my real info...

I was actually a bit shocked that men would lie about thier age. Ok, shocked is a bit strong. ;)

Anyway, I met a few very nice men. But there was no spark. I think you really just need to get out and have fun. Meeting people in person you can see if there is any connection. Via the web you can't tell that. It's all very "flat". Also you will spend lots time on dates with one person, not very efficient. LOL. 

Yes. I think as Karl says many of them are fake profiles, or at least lots of the information people put up are not quite honest. I'm the only idiot who put up my real info...

I was actually a bit shocked that men would lie about thier age. Ok, shocked is a bit strong. ;)

Anyway, I met a few very nice men. But there was no spark. I think you really just need to get out and have fun. Meeting people in person you can see if there is any connection. Via the web you can't tell that. It's all very "flat". Also you will spend lots time on dates with one person, not very efficient. LOL. 

Lucy L, Aug 21, 2013 @ 09:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33

PS, I do like the idea of the Muddy Matches site. Too bad I'm not planning on moving to the UK any time soon. 

PS, I do like the idea of the Muddy Matches site. Too bad I'm not planning on moving to the UK any time soon. 

Lucy L, Aug 21, 2013 @ 09:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34

Aug 21, 13 09:53

Thats a very dirty site ... ;-)

Thats a very dirty site ... ;-)

Karl N, Aug 21, 2013 @ 09:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35

Well what about an agency like Esther Keller for seriouse minded people or Plenitudes? 

Well what about an agency like Esther Keller for seriouse minded people or Plenitudes? 

Genevaok G, Sep 22, 2013 @ 21:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 36

If you ask me POF is awful, a lot of fake profiles, trust me ,spent (wasted) a lot of time there...

ONS is not bad, they maintain list of new (local) sites to meet someone for dating or something casual...

okCupis is not bad, but again, if you ask me stay away from POF, waste of time!

If you ask me POF is awful, a lot of fake profiles, trust me ,spent (wasted) a lot of time there...

ONS is not bad, they maintain list of new (local) sites to meet someone for dating or something casual...

okCupis is not bad, but again, if you ask me stay away from POF, waste of time!

Jerry Man, Nov 2, 2013 @ 18:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 37

What has everyone's experiences been like dating here in Geneva?  What's easier, meeting someone out or setting up a date online before hand?

Cheers

What has everyone's experiences been like dating here in Geneva?  What's easier, meeting someone out or setting up a date online before hand?

Cheers

Vi T, Dec 16, 2013 @ 15:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 38

I can say that "Swissfriends" works

Smile

I can say that "Swissfriends" works

Smile

bertrand hubert r, Dec 16, 2013 @ 18:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 39

online dating for the desparate (men) and the fussy (women)

parker k, Dec 17, 2013 @ 08:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 40

Dec 17, 13 08:52

Parker k, get with the times!!! Online dating does not mean your desperate or fussy, it means you just don’t meet the right people in your everyday life so you need another platform to meet people!

Parker k, get with the times!!! Online dating does not mean your desperate or fussy, it means you just don’t meet the right people in your everyday life so you need another platform to meet people!

Oonagh, Dec 17, 2013 @ 13:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 41

Tinder?

Tinder?

Charlie, Dec 17, 2013 @ 15:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 42

Dec 17, 13 08:52

I am a fussy man looking for a desperate lady, where do i go.

john c, Dec 17, 2013 @ 16:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 43

Dec 17, 13 16:37

Can't say "this" or "that" particular site, but what is helpful to me are lists like http://5bestsexdatingsites.com and where other people vote for different dating/adult dating sites, so it was helpful to me, and hope it would be helpful to you.

Can't say "this" or "that" particular site, but what is helpful to me are lists like http://5bestsexdatingsites.com and where other people vote for different dating/adult dating sites, so it was helpful to me, and hope it would be helpful to you.

Jerry Man, Apr 14, 2015 @ 01:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 44

Vom, very interesting but more confused than ever! I think I continue being celibate:o))

Vom, very interesting but more confused than ever! I think I continue being celibate:o))

emadysh, Apr 14, 2015 @ 08:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 45

Jun 12, 13 14:44

Just brilliant!:-)

Just brilliant!:-)

Wojtek W, Apr 14, 2015 @ 08:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 46

The best one www.shutdownurpcandgobacktorealife.org

:-)

The best one www.shutdownurpcandgobacktorealife.org

:-)

Julio A, Apr 18, 2015 @ 16:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 47

Good one, you made me laught :) :) :)

I will buy you a bear! :)

Good one, you made me laught :) :) :)

I will buy you a bear! :)

Jerry Man, Mar 10, 2017 @ 19:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 48

found my partner, soon to be husband, on Badoo, 7 years ago :) for me, the trick is to meet asap and not get lost in sterile messenger chats...

found my partner, soon to be husband, on Badoo, 7 years ago :) for me, the trick is to meet asap and not get lost in sterile messenger chats...

hay_, Mar 11, 2017 @ 10:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 49

Totally agre wwith you, online dating is just new way to find new people since those around you doesn't satisfy yor needs...

Totally agre wwith you, online dating is just new way to find new people since those around you doesn't satisfy yor needs...

Andy F, Jul 7, 2017 @ 19:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 50

Badoo is also interesting dating site tried few times, didn't have any luck there, but seems legit to me.

Badoo is also interesting dating site tried few times, didn't have any luck there, but seems legit to me.

Andy F, Jul 28, 2017 @ 20:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 51

Jul 28, 17 20:36

Yap, Badoo is not bad, but I think already said that (at least for me) some alternative dating / hookup sites worked much better... Just my 2 cents again :)

Yap, Badoo is not bad, but I think already said that (at least for me) some alternative dating / hookup sites worked much better... Just my 2 cents again :)

Jerry Man, Sep 8, 2017 @ 17:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 52

Hey!

I'm surprised that noone did mention Tinder. 

Don't you like it ?

Hey!

I'm surprised that noone did mention Tinder. 

Don't you like it ?

Célina Terrapon, Sep 28, 2017 @ 12:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 53

Tinder? Really?

You guys may be interested in this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/26/tinder-personal-data-dating-app-messages-hacked-sold

I am sure it appliest to other sites.

Tinder? Really?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/26/tinder-personal-data-dating-app-messages-hacked-sold

JR M, Sep 29, 2017 @ 09:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 54

Tinder? Really?

Sep 29, 17 09:49

Huh, interesting article, thanks for this. Actually a bit scary :)

Huh, interesting article, thanks for this. Actually a bit scary :)

Jerry Man, Sep 29, 2017 @ 15:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 55

I found some new and good, wanted to share to this old thread:

http://onenightstand1.com/sex-hookup-sites 

and

http://http://women-looking-for-men.org

Hope it will be helpful to somebody, really good picks, helpful to me...

I found some new and good, wanted to share to this old thread:

http://onenightstand1.com/sex-hookup-sites 

and

http://http://women-looking-for-men.org

Hope it will be helpful to somebody, really good picks, helpful to me...

Jerry Man, May 1, 2018 @ 12:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 56

Also, I forgot, here is a listo of most popular hookup apps (Tinder, Bumble, etc) they all work here.

Also, I forgot, here is a listo of most popular hookup apps (Tinder, Bumble, etc) they all work here.

Jerry Man, May 7, 2018 @ 11:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
56 Replies | 31668 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form