Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Canton VD tax return: How to report a 2eme pilier "cash out?"

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Canton VD tax return: How to report a 2eme pilier "cash out?"

I liquidated my entire pillar 2 before leaving Switzerland.  How do I report this on my Swiss (VD) tax return for 2014?  Pillar 2 seems to be covered as code 250 but I'm not sure if a distribution of the entire account is handled differently from ordinary distributions.

The text you are quoting:

I liquidated my entire pillar 2 before leaving Switzerland.  How do I report this on my Swiss (VD) tax return for 2014?  Pillar 2 seems to be covered as code 250 but I'm not sure if a distribution of the entire account is handled differently from ordinary distributions.

richardmAug 4, 2015 @ 00:11
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1234 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Canton VD tax return: How to report a 2eme pilier "cash out?"
Post 1

normally upon drawing out the 2nd pillar amount, you are supposed to receive soon afterwards, a bill from the tax office for roughly 10% of the total amount received. this is a one time payment.

normally upon drawing out the 2nd pillar amount, you are supposed to receive soon afterwards, a bill from the tax office for roughly 10% of the total amount received. this is a one time payment.

epicure, Aug 4, 2015 @ 02:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

They did withold about 6% from the distribution.. 

They did withold about 6% from the distribution.. 

richardm, Aug 4, 2015 @ 08:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

ok well that's it. the only amount you need to declare for swiss tax in your case, is the amount you have in your swiss bank account, which is under the "fortune" section. (and of course your earnings from salary the previous year.)Cool

ok well that's it. the only amount you need to declare for swiss tax in your case, is the amount you have in your swiss bank account, which is under the "fortune" section. (and of course your earnings from salary the previous year.)Cool

epicure, Aug 4, 2015 @ 09:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi,
I confirm that you don't need to declare the amount received from your 2nd pillar as a revenue. It is a different taxation.

Hi,
I confirm that you don't need to declare the amount received from your 2nd pillar as a revenue. It is a different taxation.

Giliane M, Aug 4, 2015 @ 14:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Excellent... I have another question... What "fortune" is declared, the amount on the exact day of "depart definitif?"  The highest amount prior to the departure (high watermark)?

Excellent... I have another question... What "fortune" is declared, the amount on the exact day of "depart definitif?"  The highest amount prior to the departure (high watermark)?

richardm, Aug 4, 2015 @ 18:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

the amount in your account on the last day of the tax year. or most likely in your case, the amount on the day of your departure.

the amount in your account on the last day of the tax year. or most likely in your case, the amount on the day of your departure.

epicure, Aug 4, 2015 @ 19:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

I just went through the Vaudtax2014 process... If I enter a bank account closure date within 2014 then it won't allow me to specify a balance.  The printed form specifies 31.12.2014.  I'm about to submit a return full of zeroes.. Zero income, zero witholding, zero fortune.  But they can't say that I didn't file.  Cool

I just went through the Vaudtax2014 process... If I enter a bank account closure date within 2014 then it won't allow me to specify a balance.  The printed form specifies 31.12.2014.  I'm about to submit a return full of zeroes.. Zero income, zero witholding, zero fortune.  But they can't say that I didn't file.  Cool

richardm, Aug 6, 2015 @ 07:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

You have to enter a bank account closure date only if you cancelled it before your departure. everytime it's mentioned 31.12.2014 it means, in your case, "date of departure" :)

You have to enter a bank account closure date only if you cancelled it before your departure. everytime it's mentioned 31.12.2014 it means, in your case, "date of departure" :)

Giliane M, Aug 7, 2015 @ 16:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1234 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form