Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Carseat hire

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Carseat hire

Does anyone know how to go about hiring a baby carseat here in Geneva (or Vaud-Nyon region in particular)? My sister is coming over for a few weeks from Australia with her 7 month old son and we need to hire a carseat for him. 

Thanks for any advice,

Mia

The text you are quoting:

Does anyone know how to go about hiring a baby carseat here in Geneva (or Vaud-Nyon region in particular)? My sister is coming over for a few weeks from Australia with her 7 month old son and we need to hire a carseat for him. 

Thanks for any advice,

Mia

Pete CurranMay 24, 2012 @ 23:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

17 Replies | 4797 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Carseat hire
Post 1

If this is for continual use over a few weeks, not just for a ride from the airport home, I'd personally not go for a rental.  For safety, I'd buy new or I would asking around the parenting community or looking on WRS and other classifieds for a second-hand (used for one child only though) Maxi Cosi.  

Make sure that whatever you use is recent (less than 5-year-old) and legal for use in European cars (R44).

-Michelle

If this is for continual use over a few weeks, not just for a ride from the airport home, I'd personally not go for a rental.  For safety, I'd buy new or I would asking around the parenting community or looking on WRS and other classifieds for a second-hand (used for one child only though) Maxi Cosi.  

Make sure that whatever you use is recent (less than 5-year-old) and legal for use in European cars (R44).

-Michelle

Michelle W, May 25, 2012 @ 21:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I can lend you one for a while if you need it, free of charge. Drop my a glocals email if you want it. Nir

I can lend you one for a while if you need it, free of charge. Drop my a glocals email if you want it. Nir

Nir Ofek, May 25, 2012 @ 23:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Michelle,

Thanks so much for your note - very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mia

Hi Michelle,

Thanks so much for your note - very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mia

Pete Curran, May 26, 2012 @ 15:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

We also have three that are available free if you come and fetch, and return them. One is for the size  0-9 kgs, and the other two are for the 9-18kgs. We are grandparents so have to have these for our visiting family. Please let me know if you require them so that I can clean them to pristine standard!

We also have three that are available free if you come and fetch, and return them. One is for the size  0-9 kgs, and the other two are for the 9-18kgs. We are grandparents so have to have these for our visiting family. Please let me know if you require them so that I can clean them to pristine standard!

sheila c, May 28, 2012 @ 17:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

May 25, 12 23:26

Hi there,

I was looking up car seat hire as a friend is coming over for 6 days from London with her 1 year old (11kg so 2nd tier car seat required). We will be fine in town but are planning a small tripfor 2 days to Villars or Gruyere by car so will be really stuck then without a seat for her baby. I was wondering if you would know where I could hire one inexpensively or if you could help me out too!

Feels a little cheeky to ask like this, I hope you won't be put out.

Nadja

Hi there,

I was looking up car seat hire as a friend is coming over for 6 days from London with her 1 year old (11kg so 2nd tier car seat required). We will be fine in town but are planning a small tripfor 2 days to Villars or Gruyere by car so will be really stuck then without a seat for her baby. I was wondering if you would know where I could hire one inexpensively or if you could help me out too!

Feels a little cheeky to ask like this, I hope you won't be put out.

Nadja

nadja l, Jun 23, 2015 @ 11:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

May 28, 12 17:42

Hi there,

I just saw your message as I was looking up car seat hire as a friend is coming over for 6 days from London with her 1 year old (11kg so 2nd tier car seat required). We will be fine in town but are planning a small tripfor 2 days to Villars or Gruyere by car so will be really stuck then without a seat for her baby. I was wondering if you would know where I could hire one inexpensively or if you could help me out too!

Feels a little cheeky to ask like this, I hope you won't be put out either.

Nadja

Hi there,

I just saw your message as I was looking up car seat hire as a friend is coming over for 6 days from London with her 1 year old (11kg so 2nd tier car seat required). We will be fine in town but are planning a small tripfor 2 days to Villars or Gruyere by car so will be really stuck then without a seat for her baby. I was wondering if you would know where I could hire one inexpensively or if you could help me out too!

Nadja

nadja l, Jun 23, 2015 @ 11:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi there,

Nadja

Jun 23, 15 11:08

Hi Nadja
Certainly we can help you out as we have helped others before you, all of whom were satisfied and very charming.
However, you would have to collect the car seat from our house in Evian-les-Bains in France and return it to the same place when you have finished using it [cleaned please].
We have two, so you can take your pick! At bottle of wine would be much appreciated in response but no payment needed,
Please call 0033450 384044 or email asap.
See you soon Sheila

Hi Nadja
Certainly we can help you out as we have helped others before you, all of whom were satisfied and very charming.
However, you would have to collect the car seat from our house in Evian-les-Bains in France and return it to the same place when you have finished using it [cleaned please].
We have two, so you can take your pick! At bottle of wine would be much appreciated in response but no payment needed,
See you soon Sheila

sheila c, Jun 23, 2015 @ 14:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Nadja
See you soon Sheila

Jun 23, 15 14:34

Hi Sheila

Thank you so much for your prompt reply and generosity. Unfortunately fo rme it seems i left it too late this time as my friend is arriving before i'd have the time to come and collect your seat. 

Very kind offer from you indeed. I only wish i'd thought of looking earlier!

Best wishes

Nadja

Hi Sheila

Thank you so much for your prompt reply and generosity. Unfortunately fo rme it seems i left it too late this time as my friend is arriving before i'd have the time to come and collect your seat. 

Very kind offer from you indeed. I only wish i'd thought of looking earlier!

Best wishes

Nadja

nadja l, Jun 24, 2015 @ 01:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi all, 

I've seen this post and I really have the same problem when visiting some Friends in Divonne les Bains.

We have two children, one for whom our Friends there already have a car Seat and another little baby of 7 months that we will get one chair for the car.

Do you know where or how to hire one? Or if possible somebody could lend  us one with any compensation?

We plan to be there from the 2nd of December to the 11th!! Amazingggg!

Thank you in advance

Asier

Hi all, 

I've seen this post and I really have the same problem when visiting some Friends in Divonne les Bains.

We have two children, one for whom our Friends there already have a car Seat and another little baby of 7 months that we will get one chair for the car.

Do you know where or how to hire one? Or if possible somebody could lend  us one with any compensation?

We plan to be there from the 2nd of December to the 11th!! Amazingggg!

Thank you in advance

Asier

Asier Martin, Nov 17, 2016 @ 19:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi Asier,

So what you need is a chair for a 7 months old baby? Is that correct?

Oded

Hi Asier,

So what you need is a chair for a 7 months old baby? Is that correct?

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Nov 18, 2016 @ 14:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Yes Oded, that's right. I don't really know if it is here as a reply, the best place to commment it.

maybe better if I open a new " coversation?

i'd like if you can help Oded!!!!

Thank you

Asier

Yes Oded, that's right. I don't really know if it is here as a reply, the best place to commment it.

Thank you

Asier

Asier Martin, Nov 21, 2016 @ 22:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Thank you

Asier

Nov 21, 16 22:04

I would have thought that the best option is to post an ad. in the Classifieds.  That’s their purpose, so why not use it.

I would have thought that the best option is to post an ad. in the Classifieds.  That’s their purpose, so why not use it.

Ritchie, Nov 21, 2016 @ 22:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hi Asier,

We have a seat in our cave but I think its too big for a 7 month old.

I'll check tomorrow and revert.

Oded

Hi Asier,

We have a seat in our cave but I think its too big for a 7 month old.

I'll check tomorrow and revert.

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Nov 21, 2016 @ 22:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Oded, did you Guess something New? I could tell you my son is very Big, but I wouldn't tell you the trueth. Please check that, I would really appreciate It.

Ritchie, thanks for the advice! I will try luck with the classifieds and learn a bit of how to move around!

Thanks both anyway

Asier

Oded, did you Guess something New? I could tell you my son is very Big, but I wouldn't tell you the trueth. Please check that, I would really appreciate It.

Ritchie, thanks for the advice! I will try luck with the classifieds and learn a bit of how to move around!

Thanks both anyway

Asier

Asier Martin, Nov 22, 2016 @ 20:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Hi Asier. 

The chair I have is for children from 2 kg so I think it should be good for your child. 

If you want to borrow it you'll just need to come pick it up in Champel. 

I sent you a private message with details. 

Oded

Hi Asier. 

The chair I have is for children from 2 kg so I think it should be good for your child. 

If you want to borrow it you'll just need to come pick it up in Champel. 

I sent you a private message with details. 

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Nov 22, 2016 @ 21:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Hi,

I have the same problem. My brother curently lives in Bern and we're going on a short weekend trip. Do you know where I can rent a car seat for 4 days in Bern? The baby is 6 months.

Thanks!

Cristina

Hi,

I have the same problem. My brother curently lives in Bern and we're going on a short weekend trip. Do you know where I can rent a car seat for 4 days in Bern? The baby is 6 months.

Thanks!

Cristina

cristina chis, Mar 8, 2017 @ 18:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Jan 1, 70 01:00

You can borrow ours. BUT it has to be collected from Evian-les-Bains and returned there in the same clean condition. There is no charge. If you decide to take up the offer, please send a private EM

You can borrow ours. BUT it has to be collected from Evian-les-Bains and returned there in the same clean condition. There is no charge. If you decide to take up the offer, please send a private EM

sheila c, Jul 17, 2017 @ 16:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
17 Replies | 4797 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form