Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Change name on Swiss boarding card.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Change name on Swiss boarding card.

Hello!

I booked a flight with Swiss with the name (slightly) wrong. Silly me. I contacted Swiss and was advised that I should just change the name myself on my boading card when i print it out. This would save me loads of money but sounds a bit dodgy, despite it being official advice. i do not want to have a disagreement with a person at the airport about it as I am about to board my flight.

Has anyone experience with this situation?

Thank you!

The text you are quoting:

Hello!

I booked a flight with Swiss with the name (slightly) wrong. Silly me. I contacted Swiss and was advised that I should just change the name myself on my boading card when i print it out. This would save me loads of money but sounds a bit dodgy, despite it being official advice. i do not want to have a disagreement with a person at the airport about it as I am about to board my flight.

Thank you!

JimboJan 17, 2017 @ 18:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1821 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Change name on Swiss boarding card.
Post 1

Hello!

Thank you!

Jan 17, 17 18:20

Just go to the Swiss desk at the airport and tell them what has happened. They will certainly help. I suspect you did a typo or something and did not enter a totally different name....To be honest, they never check your ID with Swiss in Geneve unless you want to drop luggage off. But when returning, you may have issues with boarding in other countries where airport security is tight. There you may have an issue.

The text you are quoting:

Just go to the Swiss desk at the airport and tell them what has happened. They will certainly help. I suspect you did a typo or something and did not enter a totally different name....To be honest, they never check your ID with Swiss in Geneve unless you want to drop luggage off. But when returning, you may have issues with boarding in other countries where airport security is tight. There you may have an issue.

Reka Y, Jan 17, 2017 @ 23:34
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1821 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form