Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Craft Shops in Geneva/Meyrin?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Craft Shops in Geneva/Meyrin?

I've just moved here and I'm wondering if there is a store where I could purchase items like fabric (lace), modge podge and in general stuff for crafts. Similar to places like joanne fabrics or michael's in America. Also if anyone wants to get together and do crafts that would be fun too :) 

The text you are quoting:

I've just moved here and I'm wondering if there is a store where I could purchase items like fabric (lace), modge podge and in general stuff for crafts. Similar to places like joanne fabrics or michael's in America. Also if anyone wants to get together and do crafts that would be fun too :) 

Joy PinkertonMay 30, 2012 @ 21:01
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 4944 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Craft Shops in Geneva/Meyrin?
Post 1

You can try any of the Brico-Loisirs shops for arts & crafts things.   In Meyrin that'd be at Jumbo, by Conforama.  

For fabric, it's called "tissus" if you are inclined to google.

Someone else will likely with reply for options in France Voisine (likely cheaper).

You can try any of the Brico-Loisirs shops for arts & crafts things.   In Meyrin that'd be at Jumbo, by Conforama.  

For fabric, it's called "tissus" if you are inclined to google.

Someone else will likely with reply for options in France Voisine (likely cheaper).

Michelle W, May 30, 2012 @ 21:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

If you go to M Parc, there's a craft section of the Migros Do-It-Yourself. It's like a combo Home Depot/Hobby Lobby. I'm not sure they have fabrics though. Good luck!

If you go to M Parc, there's a craft section of the Migros Do-It-Yourself. It's like a combo Home Depot/Hobby Lobby. I'm not sure they have fabrics though. Good luck!

Marissa M, May 30, 2012 @ 23:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

There's also a craft shop near Plainpalais. I think at the crossing of Rue des Battoirs and Rue Dancet. I think they mainly have painting materials, but I'm not sure.

My wife orders most of her crafting stuff online, so you may want to check that out as well.

There's also a craft shop near Plainpalais. I think at the crossing of Rue des Battoirs and Rue Dancet. I think they mainly have painting materials, but I'm not sure.

My wife orders most of her crafting stuff online, so you may want to check that out as well.

Edward B, May 31, 2012 @ 08:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi was wondering how you got on? I'm looking for jewelry backing, cheap cotton fabric and bits and bobs too. Would love to meet up and do some crafts if you have any projects in mind? I'm about to try making concrete jewelry :) 

i live in thoiry France just send a message , mila

Hi was wondering how you got on? I'm looking for jewelry backing, cheap cotton fabric and bits and bobs too. Would love to meet up and do some crafts if you have any projects in mind? I'm about to try making concrete jewelry :) 

i live in thoiry France just send a message , mila

Mila Contreras, Jun 20, 2016 @ 08:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hey there! Are you still in Geneva? I'm always looking for crafty friends! Best, D

Hey there! Are you still in Geneva? I'm always looking for crafty friends! Best, D

Dennice W, Jul 15, 2018 @ 15:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

For cloth/tissues I usually go to Textiles Accasias, close to P+R Etoile.

For cloth/tissues I usually go to Textiles Accasias, close to P+R Etoile.

tawb, Jul 16, 2018 @ 11:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 4944 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form