Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Drummer turned filmmaker searching for Drum rental or practice space in GVA

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Drummer turned filmmaker searching for Drum rental or practice space in GVA

Greetings

I am in Geneva early May to mid June and I am looking to either rent some drums or find a rehearsal space with a drum kit.

I played for many years (but haven't seriously in about 15)  and I am just looking to slowly get back into playing for the health, meditation benefits, and joy that comes with beating on the drums. Maying some jamming at some point.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated! 

Thanks 

Douglas

directordouglas.com

The text you are quoting:

Greetings

I am in Geneva early May to mid June and I am looking to either rent some drums or find a rehearsal space with a drum kit.

I played for many years (but haven't seriously in about 15)  and I am just looking to slowly get back into playing for the health, meditation benefits, and joy that comes with beating on the drums. Maying some jamming at some point.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated! 

Thanks 

Douglas

directordouglas.com

Douglas TApr 28, 2015 @ 15:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 1629 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Drummer turned filmmaker searching for Drum rental or practice space in GVA
Post 1

Hey Douglas, Did you have any luck getting any place in GVA? Am almost exactly in your same situation - looking to go back to drumming.

thanks,

Hrayr

Hey Douglas, Did you have any luck getting any place in GVA? Am almost exactly in your same situation - looking to go back to drumming.

thanks,

Hrayr

Hrayr Wannis, Apr 11, 2016 @ 21:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Since Douglas’s post is dated April 2015, you might find more pertinent information by checking out the glocals’ music Groups.

Best, R.

Since Douglas’s post is dated April 2015, you might find more pertinent information by checking out the glocals’ music Groups.

Best, R.

Ritchie, Apr 11, 2016 @ 22:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

drum.ch  it's a big place right by Tram 12 - Grange-Canal

drum.ch  it's a big place right by Tram 12 - Grange-Canal

John H, Apr 15, 2016 @ 12:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Isn't there a place like someone can rent to play some drums? I just have my sticks with me here and would love to start drumming again. it just seems difficult to do any of that stuff here.

cheers!

Isn't there a place like someone can rent to play some drums? I just have my sticks with me here and would love to start drumming again. it just seems difficult to do any of that stuff here.

cheers!

Hrayr Wannis, Apr 15, 2016 @ 17:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hey Guys

I didn't have much luck at that time and ended back in London shortly thereafter which of course has plenty of practice spaces.  

I may be back again soon for a while so if anyone comes across a practice space this time round with a drum kit we can use please let me know!

Thanks John for your suggestion!  Will def check out drum.ch

Cheers,

Douglas

Hey Guys

I didn't have much luck at that time and ended back in London shortly thereafter which of course has plenty of practice spaces.  

I may be back again soon for a while so if anyone comes across a practice space this time round with a drum kit we can use please let me know!

Thanks John for your suggestion!  Will def check out drum.ch

Cheers,

Douglas

Douglas T, Apr 16, 2016 @ 09:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hey John

I sent Sara a bunch of messages at drum.ch re using the drum kit as per your suggestion in this post but no response. 

Do you know if the have a room with a kit they rent out?

I use to play a lot ( 25 years) and now I am just looking for somewhere even once a week to bang the drums.

Cheers,

Douglas

Hey John

I sent Sara a bunch of messages at drum.ch re using the drum kit as per your suggestion in this post but no response. 

I use to play a lot ( 25 years) and now I am just looking for somewhere even once a week to bang the drums.

Cheers,

Douglas

Douglas T, May 2, 2016 @ 11:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hey John

Cheers,

Douglas

May 2, 16 11:17

I never used the place before, I just pass it often.. Inside there are many kits all setup, you can see in the huge big windows..  I've been standing outside it before waiting for the tram and seen multiple people inside playing at same time!

So I would guess you certainly go along and play, give em a call.. The place always looks busy, there's an international school for rich kids nearby, i think they use it alot. 

I never used the place before, I just pass it often.. Inside there are many kits all setup, you can see in the huge big windows..  I've been standing outside it before waiting for the tram and seen multiple people inside playing at same time!

So I would guess you certainly go along and play, give em a call.. The place always looks busy, there's an international school for rich kids nearby, i think they use it alot. 

John H, May 2, 2016 @ 11:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

May 2, 16 11:22

Just love your description of the prestigious Ecolint !

Ritchie, May 2, 2016 @ 12:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

May 2, 16 12:20

Jeeze .. In the morning they have special traffic wardens to help them manouver their huge 4x4 vehicles as close to the school gate as possible.. For those older pupils who get the tram it's like a contest on who will go to the best place for holiday or who has the biggest house.. "My dad just increased the limit on my amex to 50k" .. "My dad just bought an island" .. "my dads plane is bigger than your dads yacht" 

It's fun to listen in .. They seem to think nobody on the tram understands english.

Jeeze .. In the morning they have special traffic wardens to help them manouver their huge 4x4 vehicles as close to the school gate as possible.. For those older pupils who get the tram it's like a contest on who will go to the best place for holiday or who has the biggest house.. "My dad just increased the limit on my amex to 50k" .. "My dad just bought an island" .. "my dads plane is bigger than your dads yacht" 

It's fun to listen in .. They seem to think nobody on the tram understands english.

John H, May 2, 2016 @ 13:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

This thread is probably a bit old, but just in case, these guys in Vernier have a great studio set up for drumming etc:

https://www.facebook.com/gvaprostudios

This thread is probably a bit old, but just in case, these guys in Vernier have a great studio set up for drumming etc:

https://www.facebook.com/gvaprostudios

Irwin L, Mar 24, 2018 @ 09:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi Irwin!

Definitely an old post but never too late!  

Thanks

Douglas 

Hi Irwin!

Definitely an old post but never too late!  

Thanks

Douglas 

Douglas T, Mar 24, 2018 @ 17:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 1629 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form