Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Fitness club - looking for ppl to subscribe to negotiate prices :D

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Fitness club - looking for ppl to subscribe to negotiate prices :D

Hello,

I plan to take a 3 months subscription at Silhouette in Geneva. I was thinking that there may be other people considering to go to a fitness club.

If we join together we could most probably negotiate the prices, and why not even team up for some fitness. Dont hesitate to contact me if interested :)

Erwan

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I plan to take a 3 months subscription at Silhouette in Geneva. I was thinking that there may be other people considering to go to a fitness club.

If we join together we could most probably negotiate the prices, and why not even team up for some fitness. Dont hesitate to contact me if interested :)

Erwan

Erwan PAug 10, 2016 @ 11:12
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1429 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Fitness club - looking for ppl to subscribe to negotiate prices :D
Post 1

I'm currently at Silhouette. Good luck on negotiating - I think you'll find they're quite intransigent. :-)

I'm currently at Silhouette. Good luck on negotiating - I think you'll find they're quite intransigent. :-)

Steve A, Aug 10, 2016 @ 16:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello,

Erwan

Aug 10, 16 11:12

If with a Swiss salary you are not willing to pay approx. CHF 500 for 3 months, then perhaps you should look at the following.

http://www.nonstopgym.com/en/

Obviously this is not a luxurious service and there are no classes but it is within your budget.

If with a Swiss salary you are not willing to pay approx. CHF 500 for 3 months, then perhaps you should look at the following.

Obviously this is not a luxurious service and there are no classes but it is within your budget.

Reka Y, Aug 10, 2016 @ 17:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I don't really see correlation between Swiss salaries, or my personal budget to be honest, it is not because I get good salary I shouldn't try to get the best price for a service (especially one that I am not sure I will use that much haha).

Concerning nonstopgym it is not closed neither to work neither to home but I could consider it if it is easy to find private coaches there. 

I don't really see correlation between Swiss salaries, or my personal budget to be honest, it is not because I get good salary I shouldn't try to get the best price for a service (especially one that I am not sure I will use that much haha).

Concerning nonstopgym it is not closed neither to work neither to home but I could consider it if it is easy to find private coaches there. 

Erwan P, Aug 10, 2016 @ 17:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Aug 10, 16 17:34

PS: I do believe I do what pleases me with my Swiss salary and I don't recall mentionning my budget in my post.

I do believe your comment could be rude for people who have low salaries and for whom 500CHF for 3 months could be not a detail.

Regards :)

PS: I do believe I do what pleases me with my Swiss salary and I don't recall mentionning my budget in my post.

I do believe your comment could be rude for people who have low salaries and for whom 500CHF for 3 months could be not a detail.

Erwan P, Aug 10, 2016 @ 18:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Aug 10, 16 18:06

I doubt that you came to Switzerland for a low salary but I was surprised at the attitude as I guess you are not maing 1-2K EUR a month anymore like the big average in France (not interested in your financials). ; )

Besides Silhouette is one of the cheapest one. Have a look on the forum about the prices for Usine, La Spa at Kempinski, Holmes Place.

Silhouette is considered to be an ok price.

But go ahead. You can try. I will truly be interested to hear how you managed to discuss with your fellow French friends who are mainly running Silhouette in the region. Looking fwd to your update!!!!

I doubt that you came to Switzerland for a low salary but I was surprised at the attitude as I guess you are not maing 1-2K EUR a month anymore like the big average in France (not interested in your financials). ; )

Besides Silhouette is one of the cheapest one. Have a look on the forum about the prices for Usine, La Spa at Kempinski, Holmes Place.

Silhouette is considered to be an ok price.

But go ahead. You can try. I will truly be interested to hear how you managed to discuss with your fellow French friends who are mainly running Silhouette in the region. Looking fwd to your update!!!!

Reka Y, Aug 10, 2016 @ 19:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

What's about my attitude could you tell me more ? Everybody negotiates fitness club prices,even in fancy ones.

But appaarently you came here to settle your personal issues with French people? That doesn't sound like glocal spirit and I feel sorry for you. I don't judge ppl based on their origins fortunately. 

Again I do what I went with my money, moreover I don't know the prices of the club as I'm new in city and they don't put prices on Internet... I dont think your attitude which doesn't seem to match glocal.

Thank you for your warm welcoming still. From now on I'll let moderators take over this interesting talk.

What's about my attitude could you tell me more ? Everybody negotiates fitness club prices,even in fancy ones.

But appaarently you came here to settle your personal issues with French people? That doesn't sound like glocal spirit and I feel sorry for you. I don't judge ppl based on their origins fortunately. 

Again I do what I went with my money, moreover I don't know the prices of the club as I'm new in city and they don't put prices on Internet... I dont think your attitude which doesn't seem to match glocal.

Thank you for your warm welcoming still. From now on I'll let moderators take over this interesting talk.

Erwan P, Aug 10, 2016 @ 19:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Erwan:

Maybe a good way forward is to already check with Silhouette what price they could offer if you can commit to 10/15 new members. Then, if Silouette can give you a good price, you can post that price online and ask for people to join you. 

About Reka's reply: I don't know why she decided to go agressive here, but I assure you that kind of reply is not typical of glocals members. 

Nir

Erwan:

Maybe a good way forward is to already check with Silhouette what price they could offer if you can commit to 10/15 new members. Then, if Silouette can give you a good price, you can post that price online and ask for people to join you. 

About Reka's reply: I don't know why she decided to go agressive here, but I assure you that kind of reply is not typical of glocals members. 

Nir

Nir Ofek, Aug 11, 2016 @ 15:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi,

I negotiated a corporate rate with Silhouette and can confirm that special offers are possible (even for small groups of e.g. 5 participants). They have a department in place for corporate deals though I don't recall the contact person.

Not sure if they do deals for non corporate groups but give it a try?!

I very much like Active Fitness which belongs to "Migros".

It's cheap (740 CHF for a yearly subs. and 50% sponsored by my health insurance), clean and offer great classes. They will open a studio in Geneva in September and are already in Nyon and Lausanne....

http://www.activfitness.ch/Home_fr.page

Hi,

I negotiated a corporate rate with Silhouette and can confirm that special offers are possible (even for small groups of e.g. 5 participants). They have a department in place for corporate deals though I don't recall the contact person.

Not sure if they do deals for non corporate groups but give it a try?!

I very much like Active Fitness which belongs to "Migros".

It's cheap (740 CHF for a yearly subs. and 50% sponsored by my health insurance), clean and offer great classes. They will open a studio in Geneva in September and are already in Nyon and Lausanne....

http://www.activfitness.ch/Home_fr.page

rena, Aug 11, 2016 @ 16:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Erwan, have you checked with Harmony? they have a few deals going at the moment for summer. maybe a solution if you don't find ppl to join in with you :) 

Hi Erwan, have you checked with Harmony? they have a few deals going at the moment for summer. maybe a solution if you don't find ppl to join in with you :) 

michelle Ritchie, Aug 11, 2016 @ 16:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to Geneva and was actually going to sign up fot Let's Go Fitness in Nations because it's close to work and where I live.

They don't seem to subscribe new people tough, so I was wondering if anyone doesn't really use their membership and would like to sell it to me?

Would be great to do some exercise again.

Cheers and thanks,

Tina

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to Geneva and was actually going to sign up fot Let's Go Fitness in Nations because it's close to work and where I live.

They don't seem to subscribe new people tough, so I was wondering if anyone doesn't really use their membership and would like to sell it to me?

Would be great to do some exercise again.

Cheers and thanks,

Tina

Tina Günther, Feb 21, 2018 @ 20:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1429 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form