Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Flights to UK

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Flights to UK

At first glance, I can't find much info about budget flights between Geneva and Midlands/Yorkshire areas between now and the end end of September?

Usually there was a small choice but I can't seem to find much info at the moment.. or I'm not looking in the right place..

The text you are quoting:

At first glance, I can't find much info about budget flights between Geneva and Midlands/Yorkshire areas between now and the end end of September?

Usually there was a small choice but I can't seem to find much info at the moment.. or I'm not looking in the right place..

TogJayApr 19, 2015 @ 11:59
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1012 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Flights to UK
Post 1

Apr 19, 15 11:59

We collected a friend from Gva Airport who had attended King Richard III's funeral :

she flew EasyJet so they are definitely coming/going. Is this close enough for you?

We collected a friend from Gva Airport who had attended King Richard III's funeral :

she flew EasyJet so they are definitely coming/going. Is this close enough for you?

sheila c, Apr 19, 2015 @ 15:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Maybe they flew into Birmingham?

I have since learned, if case of use to anyone reading, that jet2 and easyjet are not flying into East Midlands until the winter season. For Leeds and Bradford no wiser at the moment .. They were the most covenient airports for the destination this time.

Maybe they flew into Birmingham?

I have since learned, if case of use to anyone reading, that jet2 and easyjet are not flying into East Midlands until the winter season. For Leeds and Bradford no wiser at the moment .. They were the most covenient airports for the destination this time.

TogJay, Apr 19, 2015 @ 23:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Easyjet still fly from Geneva to Liverpool and Manchester whatever the weather. And you can catch the National Coach from either city to another major city near where you are going. I tend to hire I car with Europcar/Easyjet, cheaper than taxi. It's about an hour and half from Manchester to Sheffield

Easyjet still fly from Geneva to Liverpool and Manchester whatever the weather. And you can catch the National Coach from either city to another major city near where you are going. I tend to hire I car with Europcar/Easyjet, cheaper than taxi. It's about an hour and half from Manchester to Sheffield

Janet G, Apr 20, 2015 @ 01:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

The extra info welcome.

I now know that East Midlands airport also offer no low cost flights to Geneva until the winter season and can give no details of any long haul fights that may call in on  the way to another destination so looks like would probably have to be Manchester now

Thank you to all who replied.

The extra info welcome.

I now know that East Midlands airport also offer no low cost flights to Geneva until the winter season and can give no details of any long haul fights that may call in on  the way to another destination so looks like would probably have to be Manchester now

Thank you to all who replied.

TogJay, Apr 20, 2015 @ 14:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Nearest to Yorkshire now is Manchester or Liverpool then you either hire a car or take bus or train.  If on budget take the bus.  I normally fly to Leeds Bradford but as already stated that is only in the winter season.  If you going at short notice it can be cheaper to fly with conventional airlines.  Last year I forgot to book my return flight from Edinbourough and ended up flying SAS for around CHF 150 by either copenhagen or Stockholm.

When using different airlines check very carefully the weight of handluggage permitted.  Easy jet has no limit at the moment, Jet 2 is only 8 kgs as are some of the conventional airlines.  It makes the difference between having to pay extra and hold luggage and nothing 

Nearest to Yorkshire now is Manchester or Liverpool then you either hire a car or take bus or train.  If on budget take the bus.  I normally fly to Leeds Bradford but as already stated that is only in the winter season.  If you going at short notice it can be cheaper to fly with conventional airlines.  Last year I forgot to book my return flight from Edinbourough and ended up flying SAS for around CHF 150 by either copenhagen or Stockholm.

When using different airlines check very carefully the weight of handluggage permitted.  Easy jet has no limit at the moment, Jet 2 is only 8 kgs as are some of the conventional airlines.  It makes the difference between having to pay extra and hold luggage and nothing 

Paul E, Apr 20, 2015 @ 21:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

That's good to know.

I wouldn't have thought of weighing the hand luggage.

That's good to know.

I wouldn't have thought of weighing the hand luggage.

TogJay, Apr 20, 2015 @ 21:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1012 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form