Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > For those of you [parents] who did not already know......

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
For those of you [parents] who did not already know......

Parents living in Switzerland pay more for their babysitters than anyone else in Europe a new study shows, but which Swiss cantons are the most expensive? Read on to find out.

Swiss parents are paying on average double the European average of 8.70 francs (€8.07) per hour for babysitters.

Within Switzerland, the most expensive canton is Zug, where the average hourly pay rate is 22.90 francs. Thurgau, at 21.60 francs, and Lucerne (21.30 francs) take out second and third place.

In French-speaking Switzerland, the canton of Geneva is the priciest place for babysitters, with an hour costing an average 16.20 francs. In the Canton of Neuchâtel that figure is 15.20 francs and in Vaud, it's 14.90 francs.

The text you are quoting:

Parents living in Switzerland pay more for their babysitters than anyone else in Europe a new study shows, but which Swiss cantons are the most expensive? Read on to find out.

Swiss parents are paying on average double the European average of 8.70 francs (€8.07) per hour for babysitters.

Within Switzerland, the most expensive canton is Zug, where the average hourly pay rate is 22.90 francs. Thurgau, at 21.60 francs, and Lucerne (21.30 francs) take out second and third place.

In French-speaking Switzerland, the canton of Geneva is the priciest place for babysitters, with an hour costing an average 16.20 francs. In the Canton of Neuchâtel that figure is 15.20 francs and in Vaud, it's 14.90 francs.

sheila cAug 27, 2015 @ 20:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 768 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: For those of you [parents] who did not already know......
Post 1

No surprises. We in CH earn on average more than other country in Europe and pay on average more than other country in Europe. And salaries / costs in Geneva are higher still. 

But I've never ran into a baby sitter that asked for less than 20 per hour. 

No surprises. We in CH earn on average more than other country in Europe and pay on average more than other country in Europe. And salaries / costs in Geneva are higher still. 

Nir Ofek, Aug 27, 2015 @ 21:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: For those of you [parents] who did not already know......
Post 2

Aug 27, 15 21:36

Let me know when you need someone Nir

and I'll be over at a shot at that price!

Let me know when you need someone Nir

and I'll be over at a shot at that price!

sheila c, Aug 28, 2015 @ 08:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 768 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form