Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Framing (pictures/prints) - Geneva or nearby France, HELP!!!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Framing (pictures/prints) - Geneva or nearby France, HELP!!!

Hey everyone!

Could I please have some advice / your experiences with framing in or around Geneva?

I have four large prints (poster size) that I need to frame but doing so in Geneva is just sooo expensive. I went to M-Parc, which I have read is the cheapest place in town and for my biggest print alone (1m x 1m) the quote was CHF480 with cheapest wood frame! Of course everything is more expensive here but this is just crazy to me.

Does anyone know of anywhere cheaper in Geneva or failing that anywhere near the border in France?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Cheers

Joe

The text you are quoting:

Hey everyone!

Could I please have some advice / your experiences with framing in or around Geneva?

I have four large prints (poster size) that I need to frame but doing so in Geneva is just sooo expensive. I went to M-Parc, which I have read is the cheapest place in town and for my biggest print alone (1m x 1m) the quote was CHF480 with cheapest wood frame! Of course everything is more expensive here but this is just crazy to me.

Does anyone know of anywhere cheaper in Geneva or failing that anywhere near the border in France?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Cheers

Joe

Joe EApr 12, 2014 @ 13:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 4009 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Framing (pictures/prints) - Geneva or nearby France, HELP!!!
Post 1

Yes, there is a DIY store in Amphion les Bains [Cora Centre] where the shop not only has ready-made frames, but I think they will also give you a quotation for having your prints framed [at the Acceuil/Reception]. It's a little far from Geneva so you might try calling them first. Their name is Boite aux Outils. Good luck

Yes, there is a DIY store in Amphion les Bains [Cora Centre] where the shop not only has ready-made frames, but I think they will also give you a quotation for having your prints framed [at the Acceuil/Reception]. It's a little far from Geneva so you might try calling them first. Their name is Boite aux Outils. Good luck

sheila c, Apr 12, 2014 @ 17:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Here you go!

http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/Swiss-Cadres/

I've had multiple pieces matted and framed as well as stretched and mounted. It has alwazs been a positive experience. 

Here you go!

http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/Swiss-Cadres/

I've had multiple pieces matted and framed as well as stretched and mounted. It has alwazs been a positive experience. 

misskate, Apr 16, 2014 @ 18:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

many thanks misskate! but the key question is - is it affordable? CHF480 to frame a 1m x 1m piece is too much for me sadly. let me know, thanks a lot

many thanks misskate! but the key question is - is it affordable? CHF480 to frame a 1m x 1m piece is too much for me sadly. let me know, thanks a lot

Joe E, Apr 21, 2014 @ 20:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

chf480 sounds crazy! 

The largest I've had done is 70cm x 80cm and that was maybe chf100 for stretching and mounting. Framing with a mat and glass might be a little more, but I had five smaller pieces done at once and even that total was under chf300. 

He's a really nice guy, I've had very postive experiences there. I would say go ask, an estimate should be free. 

Good luck!

chf480 sounds crazy! 

The largest I've had done is 70cm x 80cm and that was maybe chf100 for stretching and mounting. Framing with a mat and glass might be a little more, but I had five smaller pieces done at once and even that total was under chf300. 

He's a really nice guy, I've had very postive experiences there. I would say go ask, an estimate should be free. 

Good luck!

misskate, Apr 24, 2014 @ 08:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Why not making your own picture frame? Buy the various pieces of wood as skirting boards (length up to 250 cms) use a miter saw to fit all pieces into a 105X105cms square, use a three-ply cardboard carton (large TV screen type type), have a 100X100 cms piece of glass cut at the nearby glazier. Assemble and use glue for wood  and tiny steel nails plus a flat hook with a loop for hanging. You might also choose to paint wood if not desired shade. That should do.

A cheaper plan could be not to use wooden frame and only cardoard for the back, piece of non reflective glass for the front and adhesive tape for strapping all-arond of same color as dominant color on picture.

Why not making your own picture frame? Buy the various pieces of wood as skirting boards (length up to 250 cms) use a miter saw to fit all pieces into a 105X105cms square, use a three-ply cardboard carton (large TV screen type type), have a 100X100 cms piece of glass cut at the nearby glazier. Assemble and use glue for wood  and tiny steel nails plus a flat hook with a loop for hanging. You might also choose to paint wood if not desired shade. That should do.

A cheaper plan could be not to use wooden frame and only cardoard for the back, piece of non reflective glass for the front and adhesive tape for strapping all-arond of same color as dominant color on picture.

Milord, Apr 24, 2014 @ 09:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 4009 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form