Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > France/Swiss Social Security advice

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
France/Swiss Social Security advice

Hi, 

Does anyone know someone who can give me good advice (preferably in English) on the social security regime in France and it's implication for our family.

My husband works in Geneva and pays Swiss taxes and social security but we live in France. I have been offered some freelance work which I would do from home in France. This would mean that I would be effectively self-employed in France so I would presumably need to pay French Social Security and taxes. 

We have Swiss health insurance and so I don't want to muck anything up by having to pay French social security and then not being able to have Swiss health insurance. I've also heard that they would require us to pay as a household but presumably we wouldn't have to pay double (i.e on my husband's full salary in Switzerland and again in France)?

As you can see I'm totally confused and want to play within the rules, does anyone know someone who can help sort me out with some good advice.

Thank you!

The text you are quoting:

Hi, 

Does anyone know someone who can give me good advice (preferably in English) on the social security regime in France and it's implication for our family.

My husband works in Geneva and pays Swiss taxes and social security but we live in France. I have been offered some freelance work which I would do from home in France. This would mean that I would be effectively self-employed in France so I would presumably need to pay French Social Security and taxes. 

We have Swiss health insurance and so I don't want to muck anything up by having to pay French social security and then not being able to have Swiss health insurance. I've also heard that they would require us to pay as a household but presumably we wouldn't have to pay double (i.e on my husband's full salary in Switzerland and again in France)?

As you can see I'm totally confused and want to play within the rules, does anyone know someone who can help sort me out with some good advice.

Thank you!

Karen HApr 21, 2015 @ 13:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 796 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 796 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form