Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > GMAT courses in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
GMAT courses in Geneva
Has anybody done a GMAT course in Geneva with either the MBA Centre or Kaplan? If yes, I would like to have your feedback, as I need to decide which one I should choose.

Thanks.:)
The text you are quoting:
Has anybody done a GMAT course in Geneva with either the MBA Centre or Kaplan? If yes, I would like to have your feedback, as I need to decide which one I should choose.

Thanks.:)
chantal1Apr 6, 2009 @ 23:47
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 5534 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: GMAT courses in Geneva
Post 1
Hello,

I am also interested in taking a GMAT course here in Geneva. All my friends in the USA suggested me KAplan or TestMAster but these 2 are not available here. The closest are in Paris....Do you have any idea if the online courses are equally valid?

I am interested in a really high score an i have a bucket of time of 3 months, before July.After that date i will be involved in a new role in the company i work and for me would be too difficult to manage both the test and the job.

BTW I am Eugenio and i work at P&G.

Hello,

I am also interested in taking a GMAT course here in Geneva. All my friends in the USA suggested me KAplan or TestMAster but these 2 are not available here. The closest are in Paris....Do you have any idea if the online courses are equally valid?

I am interested in a really high score an i have a bucket of time of 3 months, before July.After that date i will be involved in a new role in the company i work and for me would be too difficult to manage both the test and the job.

BTW I am Eugenio and i work at P&G.

UEUE, Apr 7, 2009 @ 21:13

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I sat for GMAT 5 yrs ago when I was applying for MBA, and can tell you my experience. I used two books; 1. Kaplan GMAT Guide (with a simulation test CD) and 2. ETS official guide (ETS is the organization that conducts GMAT). I also ordered a CD from ETC website for free with 2 simulation tests, which are good to start with, to assess your level and gaps. I think the above is sufficient and great material for preparation, and helped me to get through satifactorily. I prepared for about 10 weeks, 3 hrs/day.

In my view, ETS guide is a must to have, it has real GMAT questions from the past, and accurately reflects the exam. The key is (very important) to finish the whole book. Like the real test, starting questions are easy, and as you progress in the book, they increase in level. The first 2 simulations are also a good starting point. More from that, you can choose another guide of your liking, I liked Kaplan a lot, especially for improvement in verbal and logic sections...

Feel free to ask anything else you have on your mind, and best of luck,

Cheers, Tarun

I sat for GMAT 5 yrs ago when I was applying for MBA, and can tell you my experience. I used two books; 1. Kaplan GMAT Guide (with a simulation test CD) and 2. ETS official guide (ETS is the organization that conducts GMAT). I also ordered a CD from ETC website for free with 2 simulation tests, which are good to start with, to assess your level and gaps. I think the above is sufficient and great material for preparation, and helped me to get through satifactorily. I prepared for about 10 weeks, 3 hrs/day.

In my view, ETS guide is a must to have, it has real GMAT questions from the past, and accurately reflects the exam. The key is (very important) to finish the whole book. Like the real test, starting questions are easy, and as you progress in the book, they increase in level. The first 2 simulations are also a good starting point. More from that, you can choose another guide of your liking, I liked Kaplan a lot, especially for improvement in verbal and logic sections...

Cheers, Tarun
tarun, Apr 7, 2009 @ 22:20

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Hello both,

I also did the GMAT last year, and I also had 3 months to prepare and was working for P&G.

So Eugenio don't despair, it is feasible! (got quite nice high scores). There are courses organised in Lausanne in the weekends by kaplan if you are interested thou.I used to receive mails from them advertising their classes in Lausanne.

I didn't take any and just used the official GMAT test guides (TONS of questions and practice), the Kaplan books (both basic and how to reach 800) and the princeton review book. I fond the princeton review really good at the end of my preparation as it gave me an idea of which 'score range' i was going to get.

Best of luck

Hello both,

I also did the GMAT last year, and I also had 3 months to prepare and was working for P&G.

So Eugenio don't despair, it is feasible! (got quite nice high scores). There are courses organised in Lausanne in the weekends by kaplan if you are interested thou.I used to receive mails from them advertising their classes in Lausanne.

I didn't take any and just used the official GMAT test guides (TONS of questions and practice), the Kaplan books (both basic and how to reach 800) and the princeton review book. I fond the princeton review really good at the end of my preparation as it gave me an idea of which 'score range' i was going to get.

Best of luck
Hoiling, Apr 8, 2009 @ 11:21

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Hello, I did an GMAT course with the MBA centre and liked them a lot. Because of some commitments that I had, I was unable to attend a class, or group, event. Instead I went the private tutor route - but it was not cheap and so might not appeal to you. But the information they gave me was excellent and I got through. I would advise to get some study books and see how you get along by yourself. If you have enough time before your GMAT appointment but are still struggling a bit, then go and check out if you can join a weekend class.

By the way, check out the GMAT section at www.khanacademy.org

(This suggested recently by a Glocal member in one of the forums) There are 400 quant questions explained, very well, on youtube.

Hope this is of help.
Hello, I did an GMAT course with the MBA centre and liked them a lot. Because of some commitments that I had, I was unable to attend a class, or group, event. Instead I went the private tutor route - but it was not cheap and so might not appeal to you. But the information they gave me was excellent and I got through. I would advise to get some study books and see how you get along by yourself. If you have enough time before your GMAT appointment but are still struggling a bit, then go and check out if you can join a weekend class.

By the way, check out the GMAT section at www.khanacademy.org

(This suggested recently by a Glocal member in one of the forums) There are 400 quant questions explained, very well, on youtube.

Hope this is of help.
billmc23, May 13, 2009 @ 01:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
I've taken private GMAT courses with a professional person based in Italy who's coming here +/- twice a month giving courses in Lausanne.  He is reachable at [email protected]  You can visit as well the website www.gmat-prep-europe.com

If you have the auto-discipline to work seriously alone with all the necessary materials, one or two courses with him are enough to get the tips to score higher.

Good luck.

PS. Billmc23, your site is very interesting!

I've taken private GMAT courses with a professional person based in Italy who's coming here +/- twice a month giving courses in Lausanne.  He is reachable at [email protected]  You can visit as well the website www.gmat-prep-europe.com

If you have the auto-discipline to work seriously alone with all the necessary materials, one or two courses with him are enough to get the tips to score higher.

Good luck.

PS. Billmc23, your site is very interesting!
Hani Rajaonah, May 13, 2009 @ 11:50

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
I came across this website that offers a variety of on-line courses and a 42 hour/7 day straight intensive course in London (closest location). Don't know anything about them but you might want to have a look at the website.

[url=http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat-preparation/][/url]

Good luck,

Verbier
I came across this website that offers a variety of on-line courses and a 42 hour/7 day straight intensive course in London (closest location). Don't know anything about them but you might want to have a look at the website.

[url=http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat-preparation/][/url]

Good luck,

Verbier
Verbier, May 13, 2009 @ 22:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hello Eugenio,

I see that you were looking for a GMAT courses in Geneva 2 months ago? 

I am, also, looking for one near in Lausanne. If you found any good courses please share your experiences. Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Lima

Hello Eugenio,

I see that you were looking for a GMAT courses in Geneva 2 months ago? 

I am, also, looking for one near in Lausanne. If you found any good courses please share your experiences. Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Lima

Lima San, Sep 18, 2013 @ 00:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Linguaviva (022 736 82 80) organizes GMAT prep courses. Conact Frank.

Linguaviva (022 736 82 80) organizes GMAT prep courses. Conact Frank.

frankgros, Jan 29, 2014 @ 13:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Cheers, Tarun
Apr 7, 09 22:20

Hi

Just seen your post about GMAT.

Could i ask you some quastions?

Cheers

Greg

Hi

Cheers

Greg

greg skala, Sep 21, 2014 @ 12:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi

Cheers

Greg

Sep 21, 14 12:45

Have you noticed that the thread dates from 2009?

Have you noticed that the thread dates from 2009?

Ritchie, Sep 21, 2014 @ 14:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 5534 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form