Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Getting RC insurance in co-habitation

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Getting RC insurance in co-habitation

Hello,

When people living in the same appartment are getting a "assurance menage" and "RC" together, is it normal that they only write one of the person's name in the insurance contract. I asked my agent to write both names, and he tells me that the system doesn't allow a second name. There is one of ours name on the top of insurance, but the insured persons are marked as "family". Is this normal?

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

When people living in the same appartment are getting a "assurance menage" and "RC" together, is it normal that they only write one of the person's name in the insurance contract. I asked my agent to write both names, and he tells me that the system doesn't allow a second name. There is one of ours name on the top of insurance, but the insured persons are marked as "family". Is this normal?

Cenk YJul 11, 2017 @ 14:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 913 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Getting RC insurance in co-habitation
Post 1

Hello,

Jul 11, 17 14:07

I don’t know if it’s normal, but it sounds terribly and typically Swiss. 

I don’t know if it’s normal, but it sounds terribly and typically Swiss. 

Ritchie, Jul 11, 2017 @ 18:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello,

It is possible to have 2 names, but not all insurers accept two names. However, if you are not family you shouldn't be marked as family. PM me if you would like more info :-)

Hello,

It is possible to have 2 names, but not all insurers accept two names. However, if you are not family you shouldn't be marked as family. PM me if you would like more info :-)

George Buchan, Jul 11, 2017 @ 18:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I think it depends on the company. I have Axa because at that time they allowed two names. I cannot remember who we approched first but they wanted to do the family thing but we were not family and one was going to move out after a year so it was not ideal.

I think it depends on the company. I have Axa because at that time they allowed two names. I cannot remember who we approched first but they wanted to do the family thing but we were not family and one was going to move out after a year so it was not ideal.

Marcy S, Jul 12, 2017 @ 10:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 913 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form