Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Glocals is now officially a dating website !!!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Glocals is now officially a dating website !!!

Some consider Glocals the best dating website ever, since it’s not officially one. Tempi passati! Nir, cofounder of the site, gave the game away in an interview in today’s Le Temps. He said:

“This online presence makes it possible for the expats to get information on their new environment, to find a three-room apartment, a car, a hairdresser or an English speaking physician. One can even start a romantic relationship.” ("on peut meme y entamer une relation amoureuse").

That’s now official: glocals is a dating website too! Waiter, please, a jeroboam of champagne!

The text you are quoting:

Some consider Glocals the best dating website ever, since it’s not officially one. Tempi passati! Nir, cofounder of the site, gave the game away in an interview in today’s Le Temps. He said:

“This online presence makes it possible for the expats to get information on their new environment, to find a three-room apartment, a car, a hairdresser or an English speaking physician. One can even start a romantic relationship.” ("on peut meme y entamer une relation amoureuse").

That’s now official: glocals is a dating website too! Waiter, please, a jeroboam of champagne!

Bustan_AApr 18, 2015 @ 16:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1942 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Glocals is now officially a dating website !!!
Post 1

Come on, seriously? What is the fuss every time this subject comes up?

Come on, seriously? What is the fuss every time this subject comes up?

Paul D, Apr 18, 2015 @ 18:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Bustan, 

Our mission is not that of a dating site. But of course some people meet their partner on glocals and use glocals for that, and we accept that (as long as it's not done in an agressive way). 

Hi Bustan, 

Our mission is not that of a dating site. But of course some people meet their partner on glocals and use glocals for that, and we accept that (as long as it's not done in an agressive way). 

Nir Ofek, Apr 18, 2015 @ 21:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Bustan, 

Apr 18, 15 21:29

So cute ! I want to be godmother, yay, yay !

So cute ! I want to be godmother, yay, yay !

Angelica H, Apr 24, 2015 @ 13:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Jan 1, 70 01:00

we're still saying that. But we're not blind, and we know that in reality some people use glocals for dating. As long as it's done in a respectful way that doesn't offend or introde on anyone, then we accept it. 

we're still saying that. But we're not blind, and we know that in reality some people use glocals for dating. As long as it's done in a respectful way that doesn't offend or introde on anyone, then we accept it. 

Nir Ofek, Apr 24, 2015 @ 14:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

that is cool, what is the problem to date ?) ah dont be that borring people 

that is cool, what is the problem to date ?) ah dont be that borring people 

perevala a, Apr 24, 2015 @ 16:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I would agree that Glocals is not a dating website. However the possibility exists that you you could meet someone who you will get on with if you join a club where you both have shared interests. i.e. skiing, hiking or whatever. 

But I would still maintain that technically this is not a dating website ... as I was saying to my wife the other night, who I met at the first Nyon group event I attended, while putting our one year old son to bed. Smile

I would agree that Glocals is not a dating website. However the possibility exists that you you could meet someone who you will get on with if you join a club where you both have shared interests. i.e. skiing, hiking or whatever. 

But I would still maintain that technically this is not a dating website ... as I was saying to my wife the other night, who I met at the first Nyon group event I attended, while putting our one year old son to bed. Smile

Rich, Apr 24, 2015 @ 23:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Bustan, 

Apr 18, 15 21:29

BE_MAD once told me that GoL (as it was then) should be considered as a miniature of the outside/offline world - and to expect anything.

What happens during activities is fun & for everyone to see.  What happens after is no-one's business. ... You close your front door at night, don't you?  :)

BE_MAD once told me that GoL (as it was then) should be considered as a miniature of the outside/offline world - and to expect anything.

What happens during activities is fun & for everyone to see.  What happens after is no-one's business. ... You close your front door at night, don't you?  :)

JulianT, Jun 17, 2015 @ 00:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

lol

lol

perevala a, Jun 17, 2015 @ 09:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Glocals can't be a dating site. It's free to use. Usually dating sites have a paywall. ;-). I want to say more but will stop at the joke. 

Glocals can't be a dating site. It's free to use. Usually dating sites have a paywall. ;-). I want to say more but will stop at the joke. 

Richard A, Jun 17, 2015 @ 15:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 1942 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form