Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Glocals members letting one down

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Glocals members letting one down

We do not expect for one moment that anyone else, especially not our splendid Mods are in any way held accountable for Glocals members who profoundly mess one about having promised to buy an article [large] placed under the Classifieds section.

Such has happened to us when one member [they know who they are] kept us hanging on for six weeks with excuses and postponements, only to let us down less than 24 hours prior to when we were about to deliver the items.

This is a bit of a rant really, just to get it off my chest........best ignore it, but I do feel better!Cry

signed

Frustrated of Evian

The text you are quoting:

We do not expect for one moment that anyone else, especially not our splendid Mods are in any way held accountable for Glocals members who profoundly mess one about having promised to buy an article [large] placed under the Classifieds section.

Such has happened to us when one member [they know who they are] kept us hanging on for six weeks with excuses and postponements, only to let us down less than 24 hours prior to when we were about to deliver the items.

This is a bit of a rant really, just to get it off my chest........best ignore it, but I do feel better!Cry

signed

Frustrated of Evian

sheila cNov 20, 2014 @ 13:12
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 1173 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Glocals members letting one down
Post 1

A similar frequent irritation is to give an “applicant” the requested information and even make an appointment to view, and then hear nothing more.

But I guess it’s the way of today’s wicked world.  If people are uncouth, that’s the way they come.

'Tis a pity though.

A similar frequent irritation is to give an “applicant” the requested information and even make an appointment to view, and then hear nothing more.

But I guess it’s the way of today’s wicked world.  If people are uncouth, that’s the way they come.

'Tis a pity though.

Ritchie, Nov 20, 2014 @ 13:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

signed

Frustrated of Evian

Nov 20, 14 13:12

I sympathise Sheila - happened to me 15 mins before they were due to come and pick up article ! Did not even have the courtesy to call personally rather sent a text would you beleive. 

Ritchie - I would prefer the uncouth and rude to GO...not come !!

I sympathise Sheila - happened to me 15 mins before they were due to come and pick up article ! Did not even have the courtesy to call personally rather sent a text would you beleive. 

Ritchie - I would prefer the uncouth and rude to GO...not come !!

Jeffery S, Nov 20, 2014 @ 14:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

People not turning up after making an appointment to view has happened to me several times.

There are some quite inconsiderate people out there.  

People not turning up after making an appointment to view has happened to me several times.

There are some quite inconsiderate people out there.  

nmcp, Nov 20, 2014 @ 14:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Addendum

However........another absolutely charming young man on Glocals has been really amenable and kind. He even left us two little choccies when we went to deposit the article this morning along with more than sufficient to pay for it. Bravo Marko!!!

Addendum

However........another absolutely charming young man on Glocals has been really amenable and kind. He even left us two little choccies when we went to deposit the article this morning along with more than sufficient to pay for it. Bravo Marko!!!

sheila c, Nov 20, 2014 @ 14:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

How very nice to read naming and acclaiming for once.

Perhaps we could start a new thread?

How very nice to read naming and acclaiming for once.

Perhaps we could start a new thread?

Ritchie, Nov 20, 2014 @ 16:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

a years ago, I seen an interesting classified add about 'Chalet in Verbier' for rent.

Not much details but when I send a Personal message, they sent details and times the location could be rented. then profided an account to send a deposit.

I sent the deposit and then found I got not further communication after 10 messages.

1) First dont send any money via Western Union, Ria, other wire transfers. Only to Swiss banks.

2) check the address for ownership, either view local.ch or 'Registre Foncier', this is the official register of property ownership in all cantons.

Each canton has there own  but here is for Geneva http://www.ge.ch/registre_foncier/

3) getting Keys dont mean you have right, because there might be an owner that had disputes with past 'renter'.

4) This advice could be applied for all rentals of chalet, appartments, villas, etc.

Just ask Oded or Nir, they have heard of many many issues with rental scams.

a years ago, I seen an interesting classified add about 'Chalet in Verbier' for rent.

Not much details but when I send a Personal message, they sent details and times the location could be rented. then profided an account to send a deposit.

I sent the deposit and then found I got not further communication after 10 messages.

1) First dont send any money via Western Union, Ria, other wire transfers. Only to Swiss banks.

2) check the address for ownership, either view local.ch or 'Registre Foncier', this is the official register of property ownership in all cantons.

Each canton has there own  but here is for Geneva http://www.ge.ch/registre_foncier/

3) getting Keys dont mean you have right, because there might be an owner that had disputes with past 'renter'.

4) This advice could be applied for all rentals of chalet, appartments, villas, etc.

Just ask Oded or Nir, they have heard of many many issues with rental scams.

Dave G, Nov 20, 2014 @ 16:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Well, would you all believe it?

Put the above items on Leboncoin and lo and behold, they were sold the following day.

Restores one's faith in human natureKiss

Well, would you all believe it?

Put the above items on Leboncoin and lo and behold, they were sold the following day.

Restores one's faith in human natureKiss

sheila c, Nov 23, 2014 @ 15:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Well, some of us do try, so we’re not all baddies.

Well, some of us do try, so we’re not all baddies.

Ritchie, Nov 23, 2014 @ 16:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

We have all learned something.  

Life is sometimes unfair. Some people cannot be trusted. We need to protect ourselves.  Ranting lets off steam. Trying again in a different way can lead to success. 

Thank you for the good read.Smile

Life is sometimes unfair. Some people cannot be trusted. We need to protect ourselves.  Ranting lets off steam. Trying again in a different way can lead to success. 

Carrie O, Nov 24, 2014 @ 08:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Nov 24, 14 08:22

While I  hear and appreciate what you say, could you also suggest how best to change one’s approach to the no-showers if, after lengthy scheduling (and even rescheduling) – at the applicant’s request – the potential buyer or renter then fails to respect the rdv or even to send a word of explanation?

Should we who have something to sell or offer always be the ones to bend over backwards to accommodate the applicant’s life-style?  Are our commitments and time of lesser value?

While I  hear and appreciate what you say, could you also suggest how best to change one’s approach to the no-showers if, after lengthy scheduling (and even rescheduling) – at the applicant’s request – the potential buyer or renter then fails to respect the rdv or even to send a word of explanation?

Should we who have something to sell or offer always be the ones to bend over backwards to accommodate the applicant’s life-style?  Are our commitments and time of lesser value?

Ritchie, Nov 24, 2014 @ 14:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

"We have all learned something"

Leboncoin attracts a better crowd than Glocals? Tongue Out

"We have all learned something"