Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Has anyone used Transatel mobile?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Has anyone used Transatel mobile?

Hi everyone,

Since I commute every day between France and Switzerland, I've been looking for a phone contract that will let me use my phone both sides of the border (including data) without extortionate roaming charges.

A web search turned up Transatel who seem to fit the bill, but no-one I know has ever heard of them...

Does anyone have a Transatel contract? Any good or bad experiences?

Cheers,

Adam

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

Since I commute every day between France and Switzerland, I've been looking for a phone contract that will let me use my phone both sides of the border (including data) without extortionate roaming charges.

A web search turned up Transatel who seem to fit the bill, but no-one I know has ever heard of them...

Does anyone have a Transatel contract? Any good or bad experiences?

Cheers,

Adam

adam_jeffMar 8, 2012 @ 17:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1638 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Has anyone used Transatel mobile?
Post 1

Hey, 

no idea about your question, actually..... just wanna mention something you might consider an alternative, maybe, in case you haven't thought of it ...

How about Skype ?

You do know you can call landlines and cellphones from Skype, right ?

Hey, 

no idea about your question, actually..... just wanna mention something you might consider an alternative, maybe, in case you haven't thought of it ...

How about Skype ?

You do know you can call landlines and cellphones from Skype, right ?

Dominik M, Mar 8, 2012 @ 18:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I think, he means 'data plan with a mobile phone'..

I think, he means 'data plan with a mobile phone'..

FerneyL, Mar 9, 2012 @ 00:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Skype can be used with modern Smartphones ....

Skype can be used with modern Smartphones ....

Dominik M, Mar 9, 2012 @ 03:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

.. but not without a data plan or WiFi...

.. but not without a data plan or WiFi...

FerneyL, Mar 9, 2012 @ 03:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Yes, I'm a big fan of Skype and I use it a lot when I'm travelling, there's always somewhere you can find some wifi, especially since so many people still don't password-protect their home network...

But in this case I do mean having a plan on my phone, so that I can make calls whilst I'm out and about, and so that people can reach me on my usual number without me being charged to receive the call...

Yes, I'm a big fan of Skype and I use it a lot when I'm travelling, there's always somewhere you can find some wifi, especially since so many people still don't password-protect their home network...

But in this case I do mean having a plan on my phone, so that I can make calls whilst I'm out and about, and so that people can reach me on my usual number without me being charged to receive the call...

adam_jeff, Mar 9, 2012 @ 09:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Just a thought, but have you considered a dual sim card cell phone? I think Samsung has some models that run on Android ....

I'm not sure how well that would work for the data plan; for the voice plan you would have a French number and a Swiss number both simoultaneously active. You could ask people to call you on one or the other depending on the hour of the day ......

Just a thought, but have you considered a dual sim card cell phone? I think Samsung has some models that run on Android ....

I'm not sure how well that would work for the data plan; for the voice plan you would have a French number and a Swiss number both simoultaneously active. You could ask people to call you on one or the other depending on the hour of the day ......

Pasqual E, Mar 9, 2012 @ 10:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Now at Transatel Mobile we are offering different kind of competitive offers. For those who need to make phone call we a Multi-Number offer on one SIM card, with communications included on both side of the border + in European Union.

We also have a Data SIM card that you can use in both countries but also in more than 40 countries in the world. With it you can browse but also do Skype, Viber, WhatsApp...

This solution has been chosen by Microsoft and Dell in their new laptop

Now at Transatel Mobile we are offering different kind of competitive offers. For those who need to make phone call we a Multi-Number offer on one SIM card, with communications included on both side of the border + in European Union.

We also have a Data SIM card that you can use in both countries but also in more than 40 countries in the world. With it you can browse but also do Skype, Viber, WhatsApp...

This solution has been chosen by Microsoft and Dell in their new laptop

alexis streichenberger, May 2, 2016 @ 08:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1638 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form