Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Home Contents Insurance - Avoid 'Smile-Direct' not Expat friendly

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Home Contents Insurance - Avoid 'Smile-Direct' not Expat friendly

Those looking to insure their home contents, or any other item(s) I urge you to AVOID having the same very painful experience as I had with Smile Direct, based in Zurich but Swiss-wide.

My saga is far too lengthy to detail here, but they lied to me, were rude on the phone, they never followed up with important items required by post - and to top it all they are clearly against foreign residents, which I discovered after they took my money!

I would love anyone to comment with any similar experiences with this company - and I would feel much better if I knew that my loss was recouperated in Karma by others choosing to go elsewhere - I hear that Glocals sponsor ALLIANZ are very expat friendly... so please choose them, and tell me about it so I can feel somewhat remunerated!

And finally, as this post was polite and courteous with no slander... I need to open my window and shout "Wankers!"

Company logo suggestion: "Smile... No you won't!"

The text you are quoting:

Those looking to insure their home contents, or any other item(s) I urge you to AVOID having the same very painful experience as I had with Smile Direct, based in Zurich but Swiss-wide.

My saga is far too lengthy to detail here, but they lied to me, were rude on the phone, they never followed up with important items required by post - and to top it all they are clearly against foreign residents, which I discovered after they took my money!

I would love anyone to comment with any similar experiences with this company - and I would feel much better if I knew that my loss was recouperated in Karma by others choosing to go elsewhere - I hear that Glocals sponsor ALLIANZ are very expat friendly... so please choose them, and tell me about it so I can feel somewhat remunerated!

And finally, as this post was polite and courteous with no slander... I need to open my window and shout "Wankers!"

Company logo suggestion: "Smile... No you won't!"

Deano1ukApr 16, 2014 @ 13:58
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1813 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Home Contents Insurance - Avoid 'Smile-Direct' not Expat friendly
Post 1

They have since replied to my letter of complaint, which focused on two points: They treated me unfairly because of the language barrier, and that they never made the verbal statements to me that they did by phone.

I was sent the 3 main phone call recordings by email, which clearly detailed how they stated they would give me a "full refund" due to a botched policy continuation where they stated, "yes it was our mistake." (all recorded) - but even then, they denied that this is what they meant as they has to cover costs etc etc... complete and utter bullshit, and stubborn in the face of proof to reverse their actions and refund me.  

Their letter waffled on about all the strict equality rules that they follow and how their actions could not have possibly been wrong, and that therefore in their opinion the case was closed.

Imagine the frustration when someone tells you something, its recorded, and then when they hear what is said they simply say "we didn't say that." - Anyway... life goes on...!

Remember the logo:  SMILE... No you won't!

(Allianz, Glocals sponsor... Is a safer, trusted option I think for your insurance needs!)

The text you are quoting:

They have since replied to my letter of complaint, which focused on two points: They treated me unfairly because of the language barrier, and that they never made the verbal statements to me that they did by phone.

I was sent the 3 main phone call recordings by email, which clearly detailed how they stated they would give me a "full refund" due to a botched policy continuation where they stated, "yes it was our mistake." (all recorded) - but even then, they denied that this is what they meant as they has to cover costs etc etc... complete and utter bullshit, and stubborn in the face of proof to reverse their actions and refund me.  

Their letter waffled on about all the strict equality rules that they follow and how their actions could not have possibly been wrong, and that therefore in their opinion the case was closed.

Imagine the frustration when someone tells you something, its recorded, and then when they hear what is said they simply say "we didn't say that." - Anyway... life goes on...!

Remember the logo:  SMILE... No you won't!

(Allianz, Glocals sponsor... Is a safer, trusted option I think for your insurance needs!)

Deano1uk, May 1, 2014 @ 10:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1813 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form