Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > "If we live in a geocentric universe, what would that mean?"

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
"If we live in a geocentric universe, what would that mean?"

Hi.

I'm stuck on a piece of philosophy and would really appreiate any comments or insights.  Yeah, I've already thought of the obvious - that Geocentric Universe = the earth was created and thus there is a creator. So, we live i a virtual world. But what else? What other implications or angles are there? eg.  Does this mean that people organic AI (with no soul or consciousness)?  Why would something create a virtual world? 

Sadly, these are questions without answers that can be proved.  It's already been established that you cannot prove, nor disprove, that our world is virtual or real. So it's not verifiable.  There some TEDx talks on this part. 

Any thoughts? 

Thanks. 

The text you are quoting:

Hi.

I'm stuck on a piece of philosophy and would really appreiate any comments or insights.  Yeah, I've already thought of the obvious - that Geocentric Universe = the earth was created and thus there is a creator. So, we live i a virtual world. But what else? What other implications or angles are there? eg.  Does this mean that people organic AI (with no soul or consciousness)?  Why would something create a virtual world? 

Sadly, these are questions without answers that can be proved.  It's already been established that you cannot prove, nor disprove, that our world is virtual or real. So it's not verifiable.  There some TEDx talks on this part. 

Any thoughts? 

Thanks. 

BigglesJan 15, 2018 @ 20:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 843 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: "If we live in a geocentric universe, what would that mean?"
Post 1

Hi there,

All your questions and queries were answered decades ago by God via the 3 monotheistic religions (Judaism, Christianity and islam) and we where also told by the 3 holy books (Torah ,bible and coran)that at the end of times ,people who beleive in God will be very few and will be considered as naives from other non believers .

To answer one of your question from the point if view of my religion (islam)why God created this virtual world because life is like an exam and you are gaining points in this exam by being kind to people,being honest...etc .as to enter heaven is not that easy.

Hoping that I am not  too naive for you :))

Cheers.

Hi there,

All your questions and queries were answered decades ago by God via the 3 monotheistic religions (Judaism, Christianity and islam) and we where also told by the 3 holy books (Torah ,bible and coran)that at the end of times ,people who beleive in God will be very few and will be considered as naives from other non believers .

To answer one of your question from the point if view of my religion (islam)why God created this virtual world because life is like an exam and you are gaining points in this exam by being kind to people,being honest...etc .as to enter heaven is not that easy.

Hoping that I am not  too naive for you :))

Cheers.

hesham shafei, Jan 16, 2018 @ 13:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Check this

Basically, it's the Matrix explained by a philosopher...

Check this

Basically, it's the Matrix explained by a philosopher...

Casuistik, Jan 16, 2018 @ 16:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

BTW, I don't really see the correlation between a geocentric universe and a virtual world...

BTW, I don't really see the correlation between a geocentric universe and a virtual world...

Casuistik, Jan 16, 2018 @ 16:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 843 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form