Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Intensive All-Day French Classes in Geneva or Lausanne

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Intensive All-Day French Classes in Geneva or Lausanne

I am thinking about taking some time off work to take my intermediate French to the next level and have been researching various schools in Geneva and Lausanne that offer immersion courses. The problem is, all of these that I've found are for maybe 4 hours of classes per day. Since I will be taking time off work, I would like a true immersion program where there are morning and afternoon classes. I only found one (eurocentre lausanne) that does mornings 5 days a week and then 2 afternoons with 2 hours of classes. This could be okay, but again, I'd like to get as much out of my month-to-6weeks off as possible.

Does anyone know of courses in Lausanne or Geneva that are more intensive? Looking for quality of course and while price does matter, I expect it to be expensive so I've accepted that.

Thanks for any help!

The text you are quoting:

I am thinking about taking some time off work to take my intermediate French to the next level and have been researching various schools in Geneva and Lausanne that offer immersion courses. The problem is, all of these that I've found are for maybe 4 hours of classes per day. Since I will be taking time off work, I would like a true immersion program where there are morning and afternoon classes. I only found one (eurocentre lausanne) that does mornings 5 days a week and then 2 afternoons with 2 hours of classes. This could be okay, but again, I'd like to get as much out of my month-to-6weeks off as possible.

Does anyone know of courses in Lausanne or Geneva that are more intensive? Looking for quality of course and while price does matter, I expect it to be expensive so I've accepted that.

Thanks for any help!

lmcdowellDec 6, 2009 @ 09:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

38 Replies | 14919 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Intensive All-Day French Classes in Geneva or Lausanne
Post 1

Hi there,

I've been looking for the same, without much success! I was told to try a few places in France, but I would prefer to stay in the local area, so have mainly been researching institutes in Geneva/Lausanne.

If you find anything, please do let me know. This is a major goal of mine for the Spring, and like you, I think it would be great to get the most out of an 8-hour day.

Cheers

Hi there,

I've been looking for the same, without much success! I was told to try a few places in France, but I would prefer to stay in the local area, so have mainly been researching institutes in Geneva/Lausanne.

If you find anything, please do let me know. This is a major goal of mine for the Spring, and like you, I think it would be great to get the most out of an 8-hour day.

Cheers

Henners, Dec 6, 2009 @ 10:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi there,

Thanks so much for this recommendation. I will look into it.

Kind regards,

Denise

Hi there,

Thanks so much for this recommendation. I will look into it.

Kind regards,

Denise

Henners, Dec 17, 2009 @ 19:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi, Thanks for your reply Wojtek, unfortunately I can't wait until summer.

I'm looking to start an immersion course at the beginning of February. Does anyone have suggestions for courses that are longer than a few hours a day? I'm flexible and can travel to Geneva or Lausanne as I'm living in Nyon.

Thanks again!

Hi, Thanks for your reply Wojtek, unfortunately I can't wait until summer.

I'm looking to start an immersion course at the beginning of February. Does anyone have suggestions for courses that are longer than a few hours a day? I'm flexible and can travel to Geneva or Lausanne as I'm living in Nyon.

Thanks again!

lmcdowell, Jan 12, 2010 @ 15:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Check out SL&C Suppercomm Language school. They offer different types o intensive courses according to your needs. e.g. 6 hours a day/ 8 hours a day. Here's their website: www.supercomm.ch

You can also give them a call on 022 849 8500 and ask or David Derrier the Account Manager. Say you are referred by Cindy Cheng.

Cheers,

CIndy

Check out SL&C Suppercomm Language school. They offer different types o intensive courses according to your needs. e.g. 6 hours a day/ 8 hours a day. Here's their website: www.supercomm.ch

You can also give them a call on 022 849 8500 and ask or David Derrier the Account Manager. Say you are referred by Cindy Cheng.

Cheers,

CIndy

cindymiumiu, Jan 12, 2010 @ 16:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thanks Cindy, I'll give David a call!

Thanks Cindy, I'll give David a call!

lmcdowell, Jan 14, 2010 @ 08:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Excellent! Thank you so much Cindy.

Will have a look into that now.

Cheers,

Denise

Excellent! Thank you so much Cindy.

Will have a look into that now.

Cheers,

Denise

Henners, Jan 14, 2010 @ 10:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Don't mention it! HAve fun d' apprendre la langue des amoureux!!!

Don't mention it! HAve fun d' apprendre la langue des amoureux!!!

cindymiumiu, Jan 14, 2010 @ 18:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi,

As others may be looking for similar classes, I wanted to share my experience. I spent the month of March attending Ecole BER. It's a small school, very affordable compared to other schools (I researched about 7 or 8 in Geneva) and I was very happy with the experience. I have to say that the pace is not that fast (most of the students in my class had been in the class since October, just starting French). We only rarely had homework, but my teacher was very good. She kept the classes fun and was really good at explaining concepts for us to understand easily only in French.

I also had some private tutoring with a different teacher at the school and while I could tell the teacher was very smart, knew what he was talking about and was prepared, I felt that his style of teaching was a bit too advanced for my level. He seemed to explain what I would expect to be very similar concepts on a much larger scale, bringing in not basic examples, but more the exceptions than the rule. I found this challenging and where I took the private lessons to clarify some French topics once and for all, often I left without a better understanding.

Overall I would definitely recommend the school, but to be successful, like with anything, you'll need to put in your own time as they're not going to push you that hard.

Hope this helps, but if anyone has other questions about the school, feel free to message me.

Overall I would

Hi,

As others may be looking for similar classes, I wanted to share my experience. I spent the month of March attending Ecole BER. It's a small school, very affordable compared to other schools (I researched about 7 or 8 in Geneva) and I was very happy with the experience. I have to say that the pace is not that fast (most of the students in my class had been in the class since October, just starting French). We only rarely had homework, but my teacher was very good. She kept the classes fun and was really good at explaining concepts for us to understand easily only in French.

I also had some private tutoring with a different teacher at the school and while I could tell the teacher was very smart, knew what he was talking about and was prepared, I felt that his style of teaching was a bit too advanced for my level. He seemed to explain what I would expect to be very similar concepts on a much larger scale, bringing in not basic examples, but more the exceptions than the rule. I found this challenging and where I took the private lessons to clarify some French topics once and for all, often I left without a better understanding.

Overall I would definitely recommend the school, but to be successful, like with anything, you'll need to put in your own time as they're not going to push you that hard.

Hope this helps, but if anyone has other questions about the school, feel free to message me.

Overall I would

lmcdowell, Mar 31, 2010 @ 14:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi!

Not sure if this is helpful to you or not but I attended the Institut du Francais in Villefranche-sur-Mer, France (near Nice). It's a live in course (they can organise accommodation for you), and it was brilliant! I am an absolute beginner and I did 8 weeks and learned so much. And had lots of fun too.

http://www.institutdefrancais.com/

Lisa.

Hi!

Not sure if this is helpful to you or not but I attended the Institut du Francais in Villefranche-sur-Mer, France (near Nice). It's a live in course (they can organise accommodation for you), and it was brilliant! I am an absolute beginner and I did 8 weeks and learned so much. And had lots of fun too.

http://www.institutdefrancais.com/

Lisa.

Lisa C, May 8, 2010 @ 13:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

My husband did the Institute de Français as well last year - it gave him a really good basis and it is amazing how much you can cover in a month. 

Worth noting that it is primarily an oral course (I am looking for somewhere where I can get my written french up to speed) - but highly recommended. The rates are quite high in the summer, but are cheaper off peak. 

GVAbound

My husband did the Institute de Français as well last year - it gave him a really good basis and it is amazing how much you can cover in a month. 

Worth noting that it is primarily an oral course (I am looking for somewhere where I can get my written french up to speed) - but highly recommended. The rates are quite high in the summer, but are cheaper off peak. 

GVAbound

Victoria W, May 14, 2010 @ 14:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi and thanks for advices!

What do you know about these courses: http://www.ifage.ch/offre/enseignement/324009

I need something for real beginner, who needs fast progress :)

Hi and thanks for advices!

What do you know about these courses: http://www.ifage.ch/offre/enseignement/324009

I need something for real beginner, who needs fast progress :)

Alexander P, May 14, 2010 @ 20:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

I'm midway through a semi intensive French course at IF Alpes in Annecy, 40 minutes drive from Geneva. I found it to be more affordable with a good selection of courses to choose from. I'm enjoying the course and making good progress.

I booked it through an organisation called Cactus who represent different language schools worldwide. www.cactuslanguage.com

I'm midway through a semi intensive French course at IF Alpes in Annecy, 40 minutes drive from Geneva. I found it to be more affordable with a good selection of courses to choose from. I'm enjoying the course and making good progress.

I booked it through an organisation called Cactus who represent different language schools worldwide. www.cactuslanguage.com

Amy Soska, Jun 29, 2010 @ 18:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

BTW, anyone tried these courses (online, RocketFrench) ?

BTW, anyone tried these courses (online, RocketFrench) ?

Alexander P, Aug 19, 2010 @ 21:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Is anyone aware of affordable courses in french that one can do with their kid? I have a 7month old and really want to learn french - Anyone?! Anything?

Is anyone aware of affordable courses in french that one can do with their kid? I have a 7month old and really want to learn french - Anyone?! Anything?

Kanika Lakhwani, Aug 19, 2010 @ 22:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Hi I have been teaching french for the last 20 years, am a french native, have grown up in NYC, thus am perfectly bilingual. I specialize in finance and economics. I tailor my classes to your needs: conversation (with in situ exercises), reading (in order to pronounce correctly!) and playful grammar :)) I can teach anywhere in Geneva, monday to friday, from 9 to 4. We can even work out a discount for an upfront payment for group or multiple lessons. Currently teaching one on one at a permanent foreign Mission in geneva.  On-going multi private lessons as well. Numerous references available upon request.

review on glocals available following this link
http://www.glocals.com/#/guides/biz/Anouche-Karaman---French-Teacher/

Hi I have been teaching french for the last 20 years, am a french native, have grown up in NYC, thus am perfectly bilingual. I specialize in finance and economics. I tailor my classes to your needs: conversation (with in situ exercises), reading (in order to pronounce correctly!) and playful grammar :)) I can teach anywhere in Geneva, monday to friday, from 9 to 4. We can even work out a discount for an upfront payment for group or multiple lessons. Currently teaching one on one at a permanent foreign Mission in geneva.  On-going multi private lessons as well. Numerous references available upon request.

review on glocals available following this link
http://www.glocals.com/#/guides/biz/Anouche-Karaman---French-Teacher/

hay_, Aug 20, 2010 @ 00:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Hi, 

In the open university where I teach they have several courses where you can have your children with you. In fact someone takes care of your children during the lessons (but I remember that a mother had sometimes her child with her during the course). The price is very cheap. The university is closed until Monday August 31.

Université Populaire Albanaise (open to everyone) - Rue de Lyon 112 - CP 593 - 1211 Genève 13 - [email protected]

Hi, 

In the open university where I teach they have several courses where you can have your children with you. In fact someone takes care of your children during the lessons (but I remember that a mother had sometimes her child with her during the course). The price is very cheap. The university is closed until Monday August 31.

Université Populaire Albanaise (open to everyone) - Rue de Lyon 112 - CP 593 - 1211 Genève 13 - [email protected]

Vincent C, Aug 20, 2010 @ 10:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

I can recommend the Eurocenter school in Lausanne. If you book it through Boa Lingua - language travels abroad you get a lowest price guarantee.

I hope that helps, cheers

I can recommend the Eurocenter school in Lausanne. If you book it through Boa Lingua - language travels abroad you get a lowest price guarantee.

I hope that helps, cheers

Roman M, Sep 22, 2010 @ 19:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

hi all,

just wondering if anyone has experience of 'Language International' school in Geneva. Looking for 3 week intensive French course in May.

thanks! eleanor

hi all,

just wondering if anyone has experience of 'Language International' school in Geneva. Looking for 3 week intensive French course in May.

thanks! eleanor

Eleanor O, Mar 28, 2012 @ 11:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

hi GVAbound,

just curious - is this the place your husband went to?  appreciate any tips you can give me.  thanks! eleanor

http://www.institutdefrancais.com/fees.html

hi GVAbound,

just curious - is this the place your husband went to?  appreciate any tips you can give me.  thanks! eleanor

http://www.institutdefrancais.com/fees.html

Eleanor O, Mar 28, 2012 @ 11:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

www.learn-french-geneva.com: both for GVe and VD

www.learn-french-geneva.com: both for GVe and VD

hay_, Mar 28, 2012 @ 13:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Helloo,

I am a certified and experienced FrenchTeacher working for a School of Languages in Geneva as well as being Freelance. One-to-one class or small groups. General French or business French. Also intensive French course, 2-3 hours a day. Very good command of British English.

Excellent references.

Helloo,

I am a certified and experienced FrenchTeacher working for a School of Languages in Geneva as well as being Freelance. One-to-one class or small groups. General French or business French. Also intensive French course, 2-3 hours a day. Very good command of British English.

Excellent references.

Nadia D, Jun 24, 2012 @ 17:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Another school you can look into is berlitz http://www.berlitz.ch/en/geneva_city_center/

They do full day intensive courses mon-fri, 9am till 5pm

Another school you can look into is berlitz http://www.berlitz.ch/en/geneva_city_center/

They do full day intensive courses mon-fri, 9am till 5pm

DJ_Symcard, Jun 24, 2012 @ 22:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

My UN course is finishing for the summer but I still need to continue my french. How much do you charge Mr BounciBaller?

My UN course is finishing for the summer but I still need to continue my french. How much do you charge Mr BounciBaller?

Katherine G, Jun 26, 2012 @ 12:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

Jun 29, 10 18:56

Hi,

is there a bus from the border to the school? i live in switzerland.

thanks

SA

Hi,

is there a bus from the border to the school? i live in switzerland.

thanks

SA

Sussan A, May 6, 2013 @ 14:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

This is quite an old thread so perhaps it would be better to check out the current language tuition offers under “Professional services” in the Classifieds.  You could also place an ad. of your own.

Best wishes, R.

This is quite an old thread so perhaps it would be better to check out the current language tuition offers under “Professional services” in the Classifieds.  You could also place an ad. of your own.

Best wishes, R.

Ritchie, Dec 12, 2015 @ 10:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

Helloo,

Excellent references.

Jun 24, 12 17:58

Dear Nadia,

I am level 0 French, and am looking for a French teacher to uplift my 0 French to a level where I can speak/communicate in French. The problem  have is that am only available on Weekends. I stay in Geneva. it possible to arrange 4hrs every weekend? Thanjs for your reply. Julius 0766654887

Dear Nadia,

I am level 0 French, and am looking for a French teacher to uplift my 0 French to a level where I can speak/communicate in French. The problem  have is that am only available on Weekends. I stay in Geneva. it possible to arrange 4hrs every weekend? Thanjs for your reply. Julius 0766654887

Julius B, Jan 27, 2016 @ 20:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

Hello,

I'm French Teacher.

You can visit my website http://frenchconnexion.ch to have more informations about my courses.

I do flexbile French lessons. You progress at your own pace.

You can contact me on [email protected]

I look forward to hearing news from you.

Bénédicte

Hello,

I'm French Teacher.

You can visit my website http://frenchconnexion.ch to have more informations about my courses.

I do flexbile French lessons. You progress at your own pace.

You can contact me on [email protected]

I look forward to hearing news from you.

Bénédicte

Ptit34 Grimaud, Feb 9, 2016 @ 21:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

Hi I teach french to children giving individual lessons if you are interested you may contact me on 0763823683.

http://ch.superprof.com/jeune-femme-offre-cours-francais-geneve.html

Best regards,

Margot

Hi I teach french to children giving individual lessons if you are interested you may contact me on 0763823683.

Best regards,

Margot

Rachelle P, Feb 9, 2016 @ 21:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

Dear Eleonor,

I teach french and give private lessons in Geneva at my home or yours. 

Best,

Margot

Dear Eleonor,

I teach french and give private lessons in Geneva at my home or yours. 

Best,

Margot

Rachelle P, Feb 9, 2016 @ 21:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

Je donne des cours depuis 15 ans aux enfants et aux adultes. J'ai formé des dizaines d'enfants et d'adultes de plusieurs niveaux dans plusieurs pays. Mes élèves ont appréciés le sérieux des enseignements fournis, la flexibilité d'adaptation de ma part et ont tous bien progressé.
Mes cours sont dynamiques, variés et motivants. J'aime enseigner en valorisant et en encourageant mes élèves régulièrement pour qu'ils puissent progresser le plus possible.

"apprécié" not "appréciés"

J'ai fait 'High School' à Houston aux Etats-Unis dans une école américaine. Je suis diplômée d'un Bachelor en Business Administration de l'université de Webster à Genève.
J'ai enseigné l'anglais, le français et l'espagnol à divers enfants et adultes (oral, écrit, parlé, prononciation) dans plusieurs pays. J'ai également encadré plusieurs enfants avec leurs devoirs (de 2 à 14 ans), dans plusieurs matières et en plusieurs langues.

What's the difference between "oral" and "parlé"?

Je donne des cours depuis 15 ans aux enfants et aux adultes. J'ai formé des dizaines d'enfants et d'adultes de plusieurs niveaux dans plusieurs pays. Mes élèves ont appréciés le sérieux des enseignements fournis, la flexibilité d'adaptation de ma part et ont tous bien progressé.
Mes cours sont dynamiques, variés et motivants. J'aime enseigner en valorisant et en encourageant mes élèves régulièrement pour qu'ils puissent progresser le plus possible.

J'ai fait 'High School' à Houston aux Etats-Unis dans une école américaine. Je suis diplômée d'un Bachelor en Business Administration de l'université de Webster à Genève.
J'ai enseigné l'anglais, le français et l'espagnol à divers enfants et adultes (oral, écrit, parlé, prononciation) dans plusieurs pays. J'ai également encadré plusieurs enfants avec leurs devoirs (de 2 à 14 ans), dans plusieurs matières et en plusieurs langues.

Casuistik, Feb 10, 2016 @ 04:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31

Feb 10, 16 04:06

And what kind of «devoirs» do two-year olds have?

And what kind of «devoirs» do two-year olds have?

Ritchie, Feb 10, 2016 @ 04:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

@ Casuistik

"oral" is spoken

"parlé" is colloquial

@ Ritchie

2 y.o. should learn: colours, shapes, clothing, a few numbers, animals and their sounds, nursery rhymes, etc...

@ Casuistik

"oral" is spoken

"parlé" is colloquial

@ Ritchie

2 y.o. should learn: colours, shapes, clothing, a few numbers, animals and their sounds, nursery rhymes, etc...

hay_, Feb 10, 2016 @ 06:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33

Makes sense. Thanks!

Makes sense. Thanks!

Casuistik, Feb 10, 2016 @ 07:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34

Btw...

It's etc. not etc...

Btw...

It's etc. not etc...

Casuistik, Feb 10, 2016 @ 07:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35

Btw...

It's etc. not etc...

Feb 10, 16 07:32

and that's why I teach French, and not English :)

and that's why I teach French, and not English :)

hay_, Feb 10, 2016 @ 11:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 36

Same thing in French...

However, as long as we don't get an edit button, most mistakes should be forgiven...

Same thing in French...

However, as long as we don't get an edit button, most mistakes should be forgiven...

Casuistik, Feb 10, 2016 @ 11:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 37

Hello, I'm looking for a french language intense classes in Lausanne, are you still available?

Kind regards

Monika

Hello, I'm looking for a french language intense classes in Lausanne, are you still available?

Kind regards

Monika

Monika Ta, Mar 17, 2016 @ 17:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 38

Premium Package for Intense French Language Coaching

AND YOU WON'T GET BORED! over 2500 exercises covering all fields (grammar, conjugation, comprehension, business French, vocabulary, conversation, pronunciation, etymology, syntax, tests, games, reading, chat partners, podcasts, phone apps, and more).

5-6 hours a day of French custom-tailored language coaching. Jump to the next level of the Common European Framework of References for Languages in one week. 

This method, based on a minute diagnosis of your strengths and weaknesses, offers to guide you with a uniquely targeted program, comprising all fields required to improve your competences, and more.

A roadmap to success, where both learner and teacher sign a commitment agreement which clearly defines both parties’ roles and duties.

Why are we different? Our approach covers linguistics, etymology, diction, expression, comprehension. We use your own mother tongue and show you the mechanisms at stake to switch almost seamlessly to French. 

Highly experienced teacher, who speaks 6 languages (and studied Latin and Ancient Greek) with great reviews and a one-of-a-kind approach to teaching.

PM for more info [email protected]

www.learnfrenchgeneva.com, Geneva

Glocals Reviews here:

http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/learn-french-geneva/

http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/French-Learning-Marathon/

Premium Package for Intense French Language Coaching

AND YOU WON'T GET BORED! over 2500 exercises covering all fields (grammar, conjugation, comprehension, business French, vocabulary, conversation, pronunciation, etymology, syntax, tests, games, reading, chat partners, podcasts, phone apps, and more).

5-6 hours a day of French custom-tailored language coaching. Jump to the next level of the Common European Framework of References for Languages in one week. 

This method, based on a minute diagnosis of your strengths and weaknesses, offers to guide you with a uniquely targeted program, comprising all fields required to improve your competences, and more.

A roadmap to success, where both learner and teacher sign a commitment agreement which clearly defines both parties’ roles and duties.

Why are we different? Our approach covers linguistics, etymology, diction, expression, comprehension. We use your own mother tongue and show you the mechanisms at stake to switch almost seamlessly to French. 

Highly experienced teacher, who speaks 6 languages (and studied Latin and Ancient Greek) with great reviews and a one-of-a-kind approach to teaching.

PM for more info [email protected]

www.learnfrenchgeneva.com, Geneva

Glocals Reviews here:

http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/learn-french-geneva/

http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/French-Learning-Marathon/

hay_, Jul 6, 2016 @ 11:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
38 Replies | 14919 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form