Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Is anyone still listening to WRS?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Is anyone still listening to WRS?

I am curious is anyone still listening to WRS on a regular basis and thoses who are listening is that for extended times or just 5 mins a day to catch on the news?

I don't have DAB in my car despite having only bought under 2 years ago from new apparently the manufactuer of my car felt DAB was an extra despite plans to to turn off ALL FM stations at some point - but if your car is only 40,000chf what do yo expect...

WRS unsurpringly charge for advertising and before my company signs upto 6 months of AD's in one go I want to find out how many of us are still listening, to what for how long and through what medium (DAB, Internet, Phone APP)

i.e. if I spend the companies cash on a new AD will you hear it?

Chris

The text you are quoting:

I am curious is anyone still listening to WRS on a regular basis and thoses who are listening is that for extended times or just 5 mins a day to catch on the news?

I don't have DAB in my car despite having only bought under 2 years ago from new apparently the manufactuer of my car felt DAB was an extra despite plans to to turn off ALL FM stations at some point - but if your car is only 40,000chf what do yo expect...

WRS unsurpringly charge for advertising and before my company signs upto 6 months of AD's in one go I want to find out how many of us are still listening, to what for how long and through what medium (DAB, Internet, Phone APP)

i.e. if I spend the companies cash on a new AD will you hear it?

Chris

Chris PettipiereJan 30, 2016 @ 11:05
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 1509 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Is anyone still listening to WRS?
Post 1

Chris, We listen every morning via a DAB radio for probably an hour - longer on weekends

Chris, We listen every morning via a DAB radio for probably an hour - longer on weekends

Jeffery S, Jan 30, 2016 @ 16:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I had seen a WRS deal for 10 CHF/ad and 8-9 ads/day = CHF 3000-

this link is not any longer available, but dont pay more that this, and insist, as new possible client, that you expect this and nothing less, and not more cost above and beyone this.

https://worldradio.ch/deals/wrs-2016-kickstarter-advertising-campaign-chf-2997-better-than-half-price.html

But they love to hook you and then say, on, you need more, other options, like writing, recordings, production, etc. After they got you hooked.

CHF 6,395 worth of advertising on WRS, including production of a radio commercial
Comprises 300 x 20" commercials, broadcast Monday-Sunday, 0600-2400
Includes the writing, recording and production of 1 x 20" commercial (single voice) 

Personally, those time frames are rubbish. I would ask for peak period rates to get comparisons form 7-10/4-8 . and limit how many each hour, so to ensure spread out, but not all on off peak hours.

There marketing manager Ian or owner Mark B. will always exagerate there numbers.

The will give you the peak numbers or best numbers during a period that is at there highest ever. I understand from an officail swiss regulator/monitor, that WRS has about 8-10,000 total listener. Which would lead me to believe the audiance is about 4-800 hourly average. Again, depending on the peak vs offhours. They the Target is British, American, English speakers in whole? Again, never never trust a marketing manager or station sales teams with numbers and offers. Always give counter offer, just liek a Pawn shop. They are not top quality station, as they are basically internet and DAB/Dab+. Yeah, DAB requirements are already out of date.

Now why dont they list there advert prices online, because they have huge margin to negotiate.

Further, this station is clearly geared towards United Kingdom and Repubic of Ireland. About 75% of there listenders from there. listen average 30min weekdays.

They certainly have other audiences like from Canada, United states of America, Indian subcontinent, other non-native english but second languages. but they all max about 25%

About WRS, Mark butcher is the owner, he has been extremely insulting to the USA/American community, HE beleives he and brits are superior to them, rude and condecending. He also has proved to be a sexist with his views, some women dont appreciate his morning show because of his views.

I personally disapointed an englsih speaking station in such a wealthy city/highly educated professional community/region that we dont have better english speaking station. Remember 'his' staff are very resaonable, and friendly, but remembers they all want to keep there jobs.

https://www.mediapulse.ch/fr/radio
Here is an where you will find that WRS has a PN-% = pénétration nette en pour cent of 1.6million(Suisse Romande)*0.5%= total listeners 8000 max per annum 2015 (from the studied market penetration) which is done quarterly and annually

See this link, page 2 where WRS is no 13 of 17 (from the studies market penetration)

https://www.mediapulse.ch/securedl/0/0/1454346506/36e81cc146a7d69f1927e2dd1ae63af4aebd4041/fileadmin/user_upload/Radio/Publikationen/Semesterzahlen/2015/2015_II_SR__k._.pdf

Now, i am working in Finance and not in media, but the nubmers are odviously poor. But your business, im not sure what is your needs, so just send me a pm or i wish you best of luck. But dont get into a long contract, but test the servies and see if you get any returns/interest by new clients.

agian, good luck

I had seen a WRS deal for 10 CHF/ad and 8-9 ads/day = CHF 3000-

this link is not any longer available, but dont pay more that this, and insist, as new possible client, that you expect this and nothing less, and not more cost above and beyone this.

https://worldradio.ch/deals/wrs-2016-kickstarter-advertising-campaign-chf-2997-better-than-half-price.html

But they love to hook you and then say, on, you need more, other options, like writing, recordings, production, etc. After they got you hooked.

CHF 6,395 worth of advertising on WRS, including production of a radio commercial
Comprises 300 x 20" commercials, broadcast Monday-Sunday, 0600-2400
Includes the writing, recording and production of 1 x 20" commercial (single voice) 

Personally, those time frames are rubbish. I would ask for peak period rates to get comparisons form 7-10/4-8 . and limit how many each hour, so to ensure spread out, but not all on off peak hours.

There marketing manager Ian or owner Mark B. will always exagerate there numbers.

The will give you the peak numbers or best numbers during a period that is at there highest ever. I understand from an officail swiss regulator/monitor, that WRS has about 8-10,000 total listener. Which would lead me to believe the audiance is about 4-800 hourly average. Again, depending on the peak vs offhours. They the Target is British, American, English speakers in whole? Again, never never trust a marketing manager or station sales teams with numbers and offers. Always give counter offer, just liek a Pawn shop. They are not top quality station, as they are basically internet and DAB/Dab+. Yeah, DAB requirements are already out of date.

Now why dont they list there advert prices online, because they have huge margin to negotiate.

Further, this station is clearly geared towards United Kingdom and Repubic of Ireland. About 75% of there listenders from there. listen average 30min weekdays.

They certainly have other audiences like from Canada, United states of America, Indian subcontinent, other non-native english but second languages. but they all max about 25%

About WRS, Mark butcher is the owner, he has been extremely insulting to the USA/American community, HE beleives he and brits are superior to them, rude and condecending. He also has proved to be a sexist with his views, some women dont appreciate his morning show because of his views.

I personally disapointed an englsih speaking station in such a wealthy city/highly educated professional community/region that we dont have better english speaking station. Remember 'his' staff are very resaonable, and friendly, but remembers they all want to keep there jobs.

https://www.mediapulse.ch/fr/radio
Here is an where you will find that WRS has a PN-% = pénétration nette en pour cent of 1.6million(Suisse Romande)*0.5%= total listeners 8000 max per annum 2015 (from the studied market penetration) which is done quarterly and annually

See this link, page 2 where WRS is no 13 of 17 (from the studies market penetration)

https://www.mediapulse.ch/securedl/0/0/1454346506/36e81cc146a7d69f1927e2dd1ae63af4aebd4041/fileadmin/user_upload/Radio/Publikationen/Semesterzahlen/2015/2015_II_SR__k._.pdf

Now, i am working in Finance and not in media, but the nubmers are odviously poor. But your business, im not sure what is your needs, so just send me a pm or i wish you best of luck. But dont get into a long contract, but test the servies and see if you get any returns/interest by new clients.

agian, good luck

Dave G, Jan 31, 2016 @ 17:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

hi Chris,  When i bought a new car this year i made sure it had DAB :-)

Yes i listen to WRS everyday especially for the local news. Dont want to be disconnected to surroundings :-) No other English radio is as good as WRS.

hi Chris,  When i bought a new car this year i made sure it had DAB :-)

Yes i listen to WRS everyday especially for the local news. Dont want to be disconnected to surroundings :-) No other English radio is as good as WRS.

Chap, Jan 31, 2016 @ 17:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Yes I do too, have a converter in my (old) car.

Yes I do too, have a converter in my (old) car.

RichPB, Jan 31, 2016 @ 17:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Anyone , really like WRS, RichPB is an expert in installations for the DAB/DAB+ into cars, he also can install almost all converters, he is best in town. totally good guy.

Rich was working like crazy when WRG changed to WRS and had to go from normal radio emissions and changed to DAB/Dab+

so he can provide good solutions for most cars.

good guy, so if oyu want DAB/Dab+ in your car, he is the one.

Anyone , really like WRS, RichPB is an expert in installations for the DAB/DAB+ into cars, he also can install almost all converters, he is best in town. totally good guy.

Rich was working like crazy when WRG changed to WRS and had to go from normal radio emissions and changed to DAB/Dab+

so he can provide good solutions for most cars.

good guy, so if oyu want DAB/Dab+ in your car, he is the one.

Dave G, Jan 31, 2016 @ 18:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Listen every weekday morning and Sunday afternoons. Stream it on my mobile.

Listen every weekday morning and Sunday afternoons. Stream it on my mobile.

Marcus F, Feb 1, 2016 @ 11:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

I stopped listening when they switched over to DAB and when they switched to be more Geneva news.   May start again when I get a new DAB installed.  But preferred WRS when it was a Swiss-wide station.

I stopped listening when they switched over to DAB and when they switched to be more Geneva news.   May start again when I get a new DAB installed.  But preferred WRS when it was a Swiss-wide station.

Michelle W, Feb 1, 2016 @ 11:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

if you have TuneIn you can listen to WRS on your smart phone. Use a cable to connect it to your radio and voila!

if you have TuneIn you can listen to WRS on your smart phone. Use a cable to connect it to your radio and voila!

Zonker, Feb 1, 2016 @ 15:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

I use their mobile app everyday and connect it in my cars bluetooth (or audio jack)

I use their mobile app everyday and connect it in my cars bluetooth (or audio jack)

gerald m, Feb 1, 2016 @ 16:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

We also listen most days, DAB radio linked to our workshop speaker system.

Cheers

Sam

Woodhouse Carpentry & Custom Furniture
www.wood-house.ch
[email protected]
079 763 58 97

Workshop address: Chemin Delay 3, 1214 Vernier
Postal & Office address: Rue de Saint Jean 23, 1203 Genève

We also listen most days, DAB radio linked to our workshop speaker system.

Cheers

Sam

Woodhouse Carpentry & Custom Furniture
www.wood-house.ch
[email protected]
079 763 58 97

Workshop address: Chemin Delay 3, 1214 Vernier
Postal & Office address: Rue de Saint Jean 23, 1203 Genève

SamW, Feb 6, 2016 @ 20:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

This is going to sound so weird....

I listen to WRS every day.  The problem is I turn it off and on probably 5 times a day.  I turn it on hoping for the same cool, eclectic radio station I loved before.   And then I turn it off when the inevitable Micheal Buble - or equivalent - comes on.  It is very frustrating.  Love the station, hate the music. 

I do listen to the ads though!

This is going to sound so weird....

I listen to WRS every day.  The problem is I turn it off and on probably 5 times a day.  I turn it on hoping for the same cool, eclectic radio station I loved before.   And then I turn it off when the inevitable Micheal Buble - or equivalent - comes on.  It is very frustrating.  Love the station, hate the music. 

I do listen to the ads though!

smoore4, Feb 16, 2016 @ 16:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

When WRS went off FM, I decided it was time to buy a new car with a DAB radio so that I could listen while driving, especially at weekends.   It was the most expensive radio I ever bought because I decided I needed extras like 4WD and Sat Nav.

When WRS went off FM, I decided it was time to buy a new car with a DAB radio so that I could listen while driving, especially at weekends.   It was the most expensive radio I ever bought because I decided I needed extras like 4WD and Sat Nav.

Marcus T, Feb 26, 2016 @ 01:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 1509 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form